DSX Super Critical Indoor SCRoG - 2013

you want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. I do not think adding a small C02 generator would negatively impact your health, many people make beer and wine in their homes.

you want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. I do not think adding a small C02 generator would negatively impact your health, many people make beer and wine in their homes.

Thanks for dropping in John! I will do that for sure.

Although my humidity keeps rising by morning its at about 70% and I am fearing an entire lost crop. Going to check for grey mold today on every site. Hopefully it is all well

Late but sub'd :goodjob:

Better late then never!! Thanks for dropping in :).

KJC , You think early defoliation is a bad idea? Considering I'm having issues with humidity it might be a good idea to clear up some leaves.

Let me know, got 27 days left and another 10 or so before scheduled defoliation but have some pretty dense big buds and don't want them to ruin!

Today I will be removing my screen only to get a 360 view of all of my girls. I can smell mustyness but not over whelming, enough to know that I need to remove my screen to get a full look around. I can not see much harm in removing the screen with 20 some days left in flower. Is it odd that I can smell musty but cannot see it on leaves or buds ???? Genetic ????

Either way, freaking me the fuck out. I do not wanna lose my crop, any spray solutions??? home remedies ???

Check back later, its 1030 am right now and will be coming out of tent @ 2pm.

Anyone have pictures of infected plants with greymold/cobweb mold I can see so I know hwat too look for

This ones for Jay, bro since we are growing the same strains have you encountered a slight musty smell from the buds?? I see zero sign of budrot, no powdery mildew on leaves. I have yet to take them all out of the tent which is happening in a few hours but ideas BB and skunk can sometimes give off a musty odor without worry. Let's hope that's the case or ill seriously be upset. :phew:

When I'm looking for internal botrytis (probably the worst, un-seen killer of mid-late flowering buds with high humidity)

There are couple things I like to do, first off, if there is indeed mold on the inner nooks and crannies growing, you should be able to "tug" on those accompanying fan leaves connected to the dense upper buds, if they slide right out, then there is decomposing tissue in there.

The second thing I do is, using gloves, I grasp the colas and crack open the sides of nugs to actually look onto the main stem at certain dense portions.

BAD mold
Update510_00914.jpg

Awesome Lester I did some trimming yesterday for better air flow, nothing came off easy. I will be peaking into the inner stems by the.buds. ill take photos and post up, the screen is being removed for rest of grow. Will let you guys know my discoveries if any.

This ones for Jay, bro since we are growing the same strains have you encountered a slight musty smell from the buds?? I see zero sign of budrot, no powdery mildew on leaves. I have yet to take them all out of the tent which is happening in a few hours but ideas BB and skunk can sometimes give off a musty odor without worry. Let's hope that's the case or ill seriously be upset. :phew:

HEY DSXJ...I have not noticed any strange smell from the super critical...my White Rhino smells like wet towels but no bud rot...my humidity is in the 30%-40% range...I have tons of experience dealing with Botrytis but only on trees not MJ flowers...sounds like you got some great advice from Relaxed Lester...if it was me I would check thoroughly and often like Lester said...what are you running for an extraction fan?

HEY DSXJ...I have not noticed any strange smell from the super critical...my White Rhino smells like wet towels but no bud rot...my humidity is in the 30%-40% range...I have tons of experience dealing with Botrytis but only on trees not MJ flowers...sounds like you got some great advice from Relaxed Lester...if it was me I would check thoroughly and often like Lester said...what are you running for an extraction fan?

Thanks for dropping in bro always great knowledge. They do smell a tad musty but nothing extreme, I am thinking it's just the odor they are giving me like some strains do.

Me and the girlfriend completely removed the screen tonight and it will be gone for the rest of the grow. This is giving me more room for watering and monitoring the situation, in my opinion the screen has done it's job and when these babies are ready to fall over I will tie them up to support them.

They are getting pretty big and pretty dense, did some trimming tonight and only because I fear for my crop. It is my medicine and I do not take it lightly, I'd rather a do a light defoliation early to save it from spoiling then to wait until Day 45 and have it completely gone. I will do more on Day 45 as scheduled this I consider just a , light defoliation :).

After the inspection, No budrot, and no mold. Thank fucking god. I did exactly as Lester had said to check for leaves to fall of easily and looked inside to the stock. There is no browning/yellowing leaves on colas or any budsites that indicate bud rot and nothing on the stock. However the shoots that stopped producing had musty smell so I have discarded them entirely from the room, mainly side shoots and the main colas were just trimmed. All in all, better safe then sorry. Thank you all for your excellent help!! Love this place.

Picture_15612.jpg
Picture_1587.jpg
Picture_1595.jpg
Picture_16010.jpg
Picture_1619.jpg
Picture_1629.jpg
Picture_1639.jpg
Picture_1645.jpg
Picture_1659.jpg

Your plan sounds great and your plants look excellent :thumb:...maybe a dehumidifier for the next grow may help...Looks like your gonna do well on this grow :high-five:

Super Critical is ...big bud x Skunk x white widow

You may just be smelling the skunk...a couple of the strains I am growing have skunk and it reaks :)

Thanks Jay, on my next run I will probably be using another tent unless I decide to grow some Autos before summer. By summer comes around I will be in my new house and will have 2x tents one being a 4x4 and my current one for a couple of mothers :).

My last run around was my own cross between Mandala Hashberry and a random bagseed sativa, the strain came out pretty stable and they were monsters. Also had 2x NL x Skunk clones and they sure did smell good.

I can see different genetics in different plants here so that could very well be the case, some colas are extremely fat, rock hard, and the other ones are not quite the same. Two of the plants I have are showing extreme amounts of bud and the rest are about average, hoping for swelling to start on the others in the next 20-25 days. I might have extended the flower period on a few plants mainly the ones with side shoots that stopped producing due to stress but that is ok, maybe they are farther behind the two that are giants?? lol. Will take some pics of the buds tomorrow so you can all see :)

Day 36 flower

Seems to me, a shit tonne of bud growth. Just added a minor Co2 setup, nothing extreme 20tbsp sugar/2tbsp yeast/1gallon water. Some is better then none, looking to be my best harvest yet! Also the biggest light I have used to date :) Unreal to think I still have 24 days left :O Let the swelling begin!!

Enjoy.

Picture_17312.jpg

Picture_17211.jpg

Picture_17112.jpg

Picture_16912.jpg

Picture_16811.jpg

Picture_16710.jpg

Picture_1668.jpg

Some shots I took tonight.

Getting close to flush time, I think 2 weeks flush is acceptable what do you guys think? I have done a week in the past and has been rather rough smoke so I would like to try 2 week.

Check out the 3, 4, or 5 headed beast of a bud here there's actually 3-4 colas like this. Pretty damn cute if you ask me!

Picture_1768.jpg

Picture_17713.jpg

Picture_1817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom