DSX Super Critical Indoor SCRoG - 2013

A harvest flush is different then flushing to either remove fertiliazer salt buildup or to correct a pH imbalance, you do not need to flush your plants in the bathtub. I read a study where plants were given a 24 hour darkness period before harvest and where plants were not given a darkness period before harvest and the cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, giving your plants a darkness period before harvest has been debunked.

Fantastic information.

Glad to have you subscribed to my thread John.

You have been very helpful and insightful, for that I have added many many reps haha.

Some more pics, not bad close ups considering it was taken with my phone!

Close enough to get a general look at trichs. No microscope atm already ordered one but unsure if will be here in time since I live so remotely.

Anyway, 14 days ( maybe a week longer for 1-2 girls )

Shot of my friends Hashplant he finished up last month, oil, and a fresh oiled hashplant smoke :)

IMAG039719.jpg

IMAG040115.jpg

IMAG040214.jpg

IMAG040315.jpg

IMAG040712.jpg

IMAG040814.jpg

IMAG040913.jpg

IMAG041014.jpg

IMAG041114.jpg

IMAG041210.jpg

IMAG041316.jpg

IMAG04149.jpg

IMAG041612.jpg

One girl is about 75% turned amber, going to give her another week for I cut her but she will most definitely be the first. She was caused zero stress through the whole phase and I think took a different genetic over the other 5. Will post pics of her soon, I unfortunately do not have a microscope it has still not arrived. In my general practice I usually harvest when 75% turned, try and take some trichome shots of her with my camera but I'm pretty sure shes close to coming down.

Well that one girl is no more, she was brought down last night before midnight to bring in the new year! Also getting low on meds so this will be nice to have one finished before the rest.

Total wet weight 227grams

Posting pic of her tonight

Happy new years all!

So here we are guys, these photos range over the last week from the first girl being harvested who was wayyy ahead of the others, these other girls have matured and gotten nice and fat for me! Planned cut date Jan 11th looks to be correct thus far. I have started my DWC Setup and have included some pictures, still have a few more 6" air stones to add, gonna run 2-3 6" air stones in her because well, there's no such thing as too much oxygen! Using lavarock for medium since hydroton is not available here and expensive to ship. I also cut some holes in some old soil pots I had to make net pots because well, I'm a cheap bastard sometimes.

Here she is, along with the seeds that will be going in!

ENjoy all hope all is well with you and thank you all for your help!! Next update will be harvest.

237 Grams from this girl wet, ended up with about 2 1/2 ozs from her, not bad considering she finished early and is no where as dense as the other 2. Two of em are not going to be big producers , seems to have shit the bed by stress. oh well shit happens! trial and error!

IMAG042215.jpg
IMAG042413.jpg

IMAG042915.jpg

IMAG043010.jpg
IMAG043115.jpg

IMAG043614.jpg
IMAG043716.jpg

IMAG04408.jpg

IMAG044614.jpg

IMAG043812.jpg

IMAG043915.jpg
IMAG044110.jpg

IMAG044811.jpg

IMAG044912.jpg
IMAG045010.jpg

IMAG04536.jpg

IMAG04559.jpg

IMAG045712.jpg
IMAG04609.jpg

IMAG046210.jpg

IMAG04647.jpg

Thanks all! Yea a lot more buds Dres haha. I'll have my weekend cut out for me.

The smoke so far is pretty nice, nice energetic head high and smells very sweet.

Been about 4-5 days in jars at least and still have a bit of grass smell, probably take another 2 weeks to start losing it.

That brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful just beautiful...:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the kind words Dennise , I took a peek at your journal and looks pretty beautiful.

One girl is about 75% turned amber, going to give her another week for I cut her but she will most definitely be the first. She was caused zero stress through the whole phase and I think took a different genetic over the other 5. Will post pics of her soon, I unfortunately do not have a microscope it has still not arrived. In my general practice I usually harvest when 75% turned, try and take some trichome shots of her with my camera but I'm pretty sure shes close to coming down.

Congratulations on your harvest! Are you referring to the pistils that have turned red/brown or the trichomes having turned amber? I am concerned if you are referring to the trichomes you may be letting the cannabinoids degrade too much.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

here is the jewelers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

here are others

https://www.google.com 30x jewelers loupe

Hey John, yes I was referring to pistils. It's usually how I determine on when they are ready, I do not have one of those and did have one arrive not long ago but was broken. I live in a very very remote area and it's a pain in the ass to get the simplest of things, so people do not bitch about having to "run to the store" to get your hydroton because remember it takes me ages to get it, and I pay premium dollar too.

Anyway, the high I got from girl #1 was pretty head high energetic and she was over 80% turned. Maybe I should leave these girls a tad longer?

My phone gets pretty good close ups to see some trichs so I will try that tomorrow.

I have a new scope on the way for my hydro go, as well as a TDS / PH Meter on the way, should arrive in 7-11 days.

Did the entire harvest, over 2.5lbs wet from the remaining 5 girls.

Lead girl came in at 286gram wet, majority were 240-270.

Will post pics tomorrow, busy making cannabutter and such :).

Thank you all for your help as this journal comes to a close!

Here we are, all finished up!

Super Critical ( Big bud x Skunk x Whitewidow )

Smell : Very fruity with a touch of skunk smell to her.
Smoke : Sweet tasting, smooth, and most of all delicious!
High : Head high, energetic, fast hitting and very delightful.

Wet weight from the 5 girls was running little over 2.5lbs

The dry weight from the 5 girls was just over 13oz, including the sixth previously harvested girl put me just over 15 ozs dry.

Not to bad I must say, thank you all for your help it was much appreciated and upon closing another grow I learned many more valuable things from you all.

Huge fan of SCRoG and defoliation, will continue these methods forever.

Looking forward to getting my DWC thread going, already popped the girls.

Thank you all here at 420magazine who contributed with your helpful resources, I have learned much from all of you!

:420:

IMAG046817.jpg
IMAG046914.jpg

IMAG04717.jpg

IMAG047311.jpg

IMAG047412.jpg
IMAG047712.jpg

IMAG04799.jpg

IMAG048810.jpg
IMAG049412.jpg

IMAG04967.jpg

IMAG048310.jpg

Congratulations!

What a happy ending!

Reps from me. :high-five:

Looking forward to your next grow!

Thanks Dres!

I'll be posting up my start tonight since seedlings have popped out of perlite. Need to get a stronger air pump, lava rocks, and some more air.

Soaked everything last in ph 5.5 water so we should be good to go!

As for starting the seedlings in the DWC when they start in a few more days I will be having the res higher then norma so they can get some spray as well as consistent medium watering until roots reach res.

Thanks all!!

Well I decided to go back to soil again, just wasn't feeling 100% prepared on DWC and didn't want to take the chance that these new seeds wouldn't make it!

Journal will be up soon but they are in their medium (same one as this), This time I put 3 auto flowers in a 22gal rubbermaid and filled her with soil so unlimited room for them to gander!

Mods can move this journal to Completed, thank you all.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom