DSX Super Critical Indoor SCRoG - 2013

Having an issue today I noticed.

Some reason these leaves are curling up and have a weird brown/purple color to them.

Any insight on this? It is only happening to this 1 plant, a couple of the girls show some leaves canoeing up but not nearly as drastic as these.

My run off on 1 of the girls came in around 4-5 ph. I am assuming that, I weary of flushing with 7.0 water due to humidity issues but will do if this is pH related.

These leaves are not being tugged off easily, and upon further review of inside no budrot/mold what so ever.

Thanks!

Picture_1847.jpg

Picture_1839.jpg

Nute burn maybe

I thought the same, but on one plant only??

Maybe it hit a cache of unused nutrients? idk.

I'm going to do a hard flush tomorrow with 7.0 PHd water to help correct run off on some plants @ 4.0 and the nute burn issue.

As I did more reading it looks like it could be a nuteburn, but I won't know for sure until I do the flush tomorrow morning. Sitting about 5 gallon pots so I estimate 3-4 gallons of corrected pH water for a flush or until pH comes out accordingly?

Thanks guys!

I thought the same, but on one plant only??

Maybe it hit a cache of unused nutrients? idk.

I'm going to do a hard flush tomorrow with 7.0 PHd water to help correct run off on some plants @ 4.0 and the nute burn issue.

As I did more reading it looks like it could be a nuteburn, but I won't know for sure until I do the flush tomorrow morning. Sitting about 5 gallon pots so I estimate 3-4 gallons of corrected pH water for a flush or until pH comes out accordingly?

Thanks guys!

Yeah that just happened to my White Rhino...I was away for a couple days and she really dried out...I think the roots were searching for water and made there way into some nutes in the bottom of the pot

I wouldn't worry too much about it though...you are very close to harvest...you will be flushing anyway...good luck my friend :high-five:

Hey Jay, I decided too wait until flush time to give the huge flush these girls can ride it out as it should be temporary. Anyway, I was inspired by your out of the tent shot of your super critical so I did the same, and jazz'd up the tent with some xmas ornaments.

These are some of the hardest compact buds I have ever grown, and will be by far my greatest harvest!

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Be safe, don't drink and drive!

Picture_18510.jpg
Picture_1863.jpg
Picture_1872.jpg
Picture_1885.jpg
Picture_1915.jpg
Picture_1903.jpg
Picture_1896.jpg
Picture_1925.jpg
Picture_1935.jpg
Picture_19410.jpg

Thanks!!

Merry Christmas all, I am off to start cooking the turkey.

Take care!

your plant with the curled upward leaves most likely has a pH nutrient lockout. I would flush your pots with pH adjusted water with at least twice the volume as pot size or until your input pH is the same as your runoff pH. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks John.

I will flush in the morning, it makes sense that they look as if they are lacking P and my pH could be off. I did check some run off and at 4.0 again so will do 6-8 gallon flush of 6.5 water or until run off is coming out adequate. Won't do tonight due to I'm pretty much the turkey my self now.

Time for dessert, thank you all happy holidays!

Next update will be defoliation on Friday. I may do on Thursday since I work all day and night friday

So John I might add I did the flush just now and my ph run off was coming in at 4.0

I had expected it to come in low because the leaves look as if lacking phosphorus. So between your two charts there I was able to make the correct diagnosis of the plant having low ph, low enough that it cannot obtain the phosphorus needed.

Fixing now, only doing to the 1 plant

You think those leaves will return to normal or are they fucked? Don't wanna waste a bunch as they are full of crystal for hash.

Thanks again, report on defol day with pics of the girl!

Just made an auto flower order to top up on meds. Should arrive in a week and will be running my first DWC with them. Also adding 1x Auto Blueberry that I already have :) -- No more room for another Pineapple express

Humboldt Seed Organization Lemon Juice Express
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix
HUM3116
$10.94
Female Seeds Auto Bubble
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix
FEME33
$8.67
FEMINIZED UFO #1 World of Seeds Sugar Mango Ryder Autoflowering

FEMINIZED UFO #1
FREEFreebie/BOGOF

Took them off to defoliate today John so all is well.

The canoeing seemed to start reducing after last nights heavy flush but as of now they all look fantastic.

I have already 114grams of dry trim for hash and should end up with another 100 or so from what I just did, saving the final trimmings for cannabutter.

Unsure if I want to make hash or honey oil with first batch of trimmings, leaning more towards oil as I think I can get more out of it then keef hash.

Here we are Day 45 of flower

15 or so more days to go, I am thinking that 1 or 2 of the girls will go an extra week. Starting flush tomorrow!

My new auto flower girls should be here next week so it will be nice to have these finishing up as they go in, will be running my first DWC.

4 girls 1 30 gallon rubber maid with 4 5gallon netpots, hydroton, 2 airstones and 2 airpumps second pump mainly for back up.

IMAG038620.jpg
IMAG038718.jpg

IMAG038917.jpg

IMAG039121.jpg
IMAG039215.jpg

IMAG039321.jpg

Really starting to pack on the weight now, starting to get really dense. Very proud of my self on this one so far I must say.

Decided to go with oil instead of hash as I love the taste. Ended up with about 2 grams premium oil with 1/4 pound dry trim and half pound wet trim. Not a lot but extremely good.

Very nice ...congratulations :thumb:

Thanks Jay!

Will post some pictures of the oil tonight, nice uplifting high it gives me.

14 Days left, beginning flush!

For the flush, should I just continue regular watering with phd water and during the last few days throw them in the bathtub and go to town? Thats the plan I was going to have.

Also going to leave them in a day or two of full darkness 24-48 hours before chop.

A harvest flush is different then flushing to either remove fertiliazer salt buildup or to correct a pH imbalance, you do not need to flush your plants in the bathtub. I read a study where plants were given a 24 hour darkness period before harvest and where plants were not given a darkness period before harvest and the cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, giving your plants a darkness period before harvest has been debunked.

Back
Top Bottom