Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

Of course you have the clones to search through, but I wonder if perhaps there is some vegetation left on the odd chopped gal from which you could reveg her just to be safe. Sounds like a one-off worth keeping around.
I did consider doing it that way, but I am fairly confident that I am seeing 2 phenotypes in my clones just by comparing the leaves. I would be surprised if we don't have that one one of these actually... and with 8 new types of smoke emerging on this round from my grow rooms, I should be happy for a while even if later I have to go back searching for this one.

I did consider doing it that way, but I am fairly confident that I am seeing 2 phenotypes in my clones just by comparing the leaves. I would be surprised if we don't have that one one of these actually... and with 8 new types of smoke emerging on this round from my grow rooms, I should be happy for a while even if later I have to go back searching for this one.
Yea, perhaps without explicit intention, you offer a good lesson in the value of taking clones.

I recently had an amazingly lemony/creamy/earthy Kosher Kush show up out of four plants from seed, but because it didn't seem as impressive early on I didn't bother cloning until well into flower when its bouquet began emerging. My hopes for it now hang on whatever chances there are of at least one of them rooting and revegging, more or less at the same time in a bit of botanical gymnastics/multi-tasking. One does look quite promising.

The joke is on me, as the other three included one runt, and two other quite nice plants with merely adequate product.

Great thread as usual, Em, and thanks for continuing to share!

Thanks for the kind words @Vesti Bule and I hope that your gardens are going well too. I have a report on several things here... first, an early smoke report.

Here are the buds as we keep working to get them into the cure range long term. A couple of the smaller buds looked tasty enough to try last night, and wow! ... this is some strong stuff! I can't imagine how strong it is going to get as it gets cured! What I noticed already was the type of high it is... a very cerebral and creative high. I caught myself experimenting with my toothbrush this morning, based on a revelation I had during the process, and I ended up hurting myself with my toothbrush, being too high to do whatever it was I was attempting. One bowl had wiped me out early this morning, and I was a bit worried about driving to work.
All worked out just fine, and here are what the buds look like tonight:
20201209_175956.jpg
20201209_180001.jpg
20201209_180011.jpg

Then in 2-3 weeks, the other three Durbans will finish out... there is a runt with seeds from the Kosher Daddy, one in the middle, and then this glorious beauty here that is probably going to produce 5 ounces:

DSCF8865.JPG
DSCF8864.JPG
DSCF8863.JPG

We also have Durbans in the Mother room, being trained for another round. The ones in the cups need to be transplanted, and since they are finally able to drain the cup in a day or so, they are ready to go all the way up to 3 gallon containers. These are strong clones and I can tell that they now have the advantage of @DYNOMYCO along with the @GeoFlora Nutrients ... these are some lucky plants.

DSCF8869.JPG
DSCF8868.JPG
DSCF8867.JPG

Thanks for the kind words @Vesti Bule and I hope that your gardens are going well too. I have a report on several things here... first, an early smoke report.

Here are the buds as we keep working to get them into the cure range long term. A couple of the smaller buds looked tasty enough to try last night, and wow! ... this is some strong stuff! I can't imagine how strong it is going to get as it gets cured! What I noticed already was the type of high it is... a very cerebral and creative high. I caught myself experimenting with my toothbrush this morning, based on a revelation I had during the process, and I ended up hurting myself with my toothbrush, being too high to do whatever it was I was attempting. One bowl had wiped me out early this morning, and I was a bit worried about driving to work.
All worked out just fine, and here are what the buds look like tonight:
20201209_175956.jpg
20201209_180001.jpg
20201209_180011.jpg

Then in 2-3 weeks, the other three Durbans will finish out... there is a runt with seeds from the Kosher Daddy, one in the middle, and then this glorious beauty here that is probably going to produce 5 ounces:

DSCF8865.JPG
DSCF8864.JPG
DSCF8863.JPG
Looks beautiful

For some reason not alot of people take bud shots that are full of seeds, I think its actually super nice and lovely to see.
I have not shown you any buds full of seeds... the one seeded branch barely has any seeds in it... we pollinated too early. If you are referring to the above shot of that massive bud... there are no seeds there, just bud building

I have not shown you any buds full of seeds... the one seeded branch barely has any seeds in it... we pollinated too early. If you are referring to the above shot of that massive bud... there are no seeds there, just bud building
No no, I know. Was just a general outlook thought lol

I'm guessing this is likely why alot of people wait for the first 2 or 3 weeks into flower to pollinate? More pistols = more seeds in general .

No no, I know. Was just a general outlook thought lol

I'm guessing this is likely why alot of people wait for the first 2 or 3 weeks into flower to pollinate? More pistols = more seeds in general .
yep, I had to try it to see if that was the case... and it should be a dramatic difference in number of seeds in the KD vs the Durban... the KD was a week ahead of the just into flower Durban.

yep, I had to try it to see if that was the case... and it should be a dramatic difference in number of seeds in the KD vs the Durban... the KD was a week ahead of the just into flower Durban.
Thats exactly how new awesome ideas come to life, by trying new things out. ;)

We also have Durbans in the Mother room, being trained for another round. The ones in the cups need to be transplanted, and since they are finally able to drain the cup in a day or so, they are ready to go all the way up to 3 gallon containers. These are strong clones and I can tell that they now have the advantage of @DYNOMYCO along with the @GeoFlora Nutrients ... these are some lucky plants.

DSCF8869.JPG
DSCF8868.JPG
DSCF8867.JPG
Looks like such healthy plants @Emilya ! Always impressed by your journals and glad to help make those plants' roots stronger and bigger. DYNOMYCO for the Win! Following your plants development all the time. Keep up this awesome work!

Thank you Dyno... I hope to keep doing better as we now slow things down and start doing things right. Round #3 with these Durbans is going to be amazing!

Here are the present Durbans in the Bloom Room, at Day 61 ... they look to be about a week out.

DSCF8875.JPG
DSCF8874.JPG

Here are all of the new Durbans, presently taking up residence in the Mother Room. Training is going well on the first two, and the last two just got their transplanting (and more DYNOMyco). All of these have gotten some special treatment in excess as to what any of the other plants so far have seen. The only Happy Frog they have is in the starter cups... the rest of the soil is Ocean Forest. I suspect that the major part of my gnat problem came from the Happy Frog... Thanks to SNS, that problem has been eliminated, naturally.

DSCF8882.JPG
DSCF8881.JPG
DSCF8880.JPG
DSCF8879.JPG
DSCF8878.JPG

DSCF8876.JPG

The calendar says 2 more weeks. These last three plants from round #1 of bloom have been placed under the Mars SP-3000 light to finish out. I was toying around with the idea of not fertilizing any more, but especially since I am using tap water, I am changing that plan and will be fertilizing and rejuvenating the microbes as I water them this evening. Two more weeks looks to be just about right.

20201217_074257.jpg

Beautiful girl you have there ;). Did you defoliate along the way or is that strain now too leafy?
I haven't purposely defoliated but what you see is a result of getting a hot climate zone plant too cool for too many nights. The temperatures are better regulated now, but as it changed over to winter here in the new house it was a surprise to me just how uninsulated those attic grow rooms are. It looks like about $40 a month worth of space heating is taking care of the problem and it is now staying in the 70s in there overnight. If we get into the sub zero temps later this next month, I may need to get a second space heater and thermostat in there.

It is going to be very interesting comparing the number of seeds from this one that was pollinated very early upon starting bloom, to the kosher daddy who started a week earlier. Already by just starting to break apart this gooey sticky dankness, at least 25 seeds have popped out! I am betting that she is going to have just as many seeds as KD did, if not more. The best thing is that if this seeded bud is this sticky and dank, imagine what the rest of the plant is going to be like! This may well be the best pot out of the new grow room yet... and its sister, that early Durban, was no slouch. I gave a few buds away last night and had to warn the big guy that a lightweight like him should be careful with that pot. :)
This one, actually the runt of the bunch, I think is going to take the tops of our heads right off when we can finally smoke it. And then... imagine what the two big sisters that are still finishing up are going to be like, apparently on time too! We are so hoping that we have finally achieved some one or two hit pot in our grow rooms, and if so, we have a lot of sponsors to thank.

More as we know it...

The numbers are in on the pollination experiment!

The Durban that was pollinated on Day 5 of Bloom yielded 74 seeds.
The Kosher Daddy that was pollinated a week later, on day 12 of Bloom gave us 175 seeds... a 58% increase.
Each set of seeds were well developed and mature at the end.

Conclusions: If I needed to produce the largest possible amount of seeds, such as if I were selling seeds, waiting longer clearly produces more seeds. I would wait till right at the end of stretch to pollinate. For home garden use, 74 seeds is totally acceptable, and because of that, I see no downside in pollinating in the first week of bloom.

The numbers are in on the pollination experiment!

The Durban that was pollinated on Day 5 of Bloom yielded 74 seeds.
The Kosher Daddy that was pollinated a week later, on day 12 of Bloom gave us 175 seeds... a 58% increase.
Each set of seeds were well developed and mature at the end.

Conclusions: If I needed to produce the largest possible amount of seeds, such as if I were selling seeds, waiting longer clearly produces more seeds. I would wait till right at the end of stretch to pollinate. For home garden use, 74 seeds is totally acceptable, and because of that, I see no downside in pollinating in the first week of bloom.
This is very valuable info Em ;) Excellent experiment.

Back
Top Bottom