Even PPFD 4x4

Livingorganics22

420 Member
Hi guys and gals!
Looking for an LED light that will do a 4x4 one of the most common sizes of tent out there..... sounds simple I know but bare with me.

Most LED lights are geared up to perform at max wattage during flower and at 100% normally produces a fairly even ppfd distribution across the space buuuttttt I don't want it for flowering.
This is going to be a light unit for a veg tent so I need ideally a nice even ppfd of around 600. I cant find for love nor money a light that can do that consistently over a 4x4 unless I buy a more expensive unit that is geared up to run 600W+ and then just run it on minimum settings.

Is their a light out there that can deliver what I need without having to get a high wattage unit.... and if there is such a thing a LED with a spectrum pointing forward veg rather than full spectrum although this is a grey area as to which is preferred.

Any help will be apreciated and writing in from UK FYI before products are mentioned.

Thanks again!

Hi guys and gals!
Looking for an LED light that will do a 4x4 one of the most common sizes of tent out there..... sounds simple I know but bare with me.

Most LED lights are geared up to perform at max wattage during flower and at 100% normally produces a fairly even ppfd distribution across the space buuuttttt I don't want it for flowering.
This is going to be a light unit for a veg tent so I need ideally a nice even ppfd of around 600. I cant find for love nor money a light that can do that consistently over a 4x4 unless I buy a more expensive unit that is geared up to run 600W+ and then just run it on minimum settings.

Is their a light out there that can deliver what I need without having to get a high wattage unit.... and if there is such a thing a LED with a spectrum pointing forward veg rather than full spectrum although this is a grey area as to which is preferred.

Any help will be apreciated and writing in from UK FYI before products are mentioned.

Thanks again!
Even coverage in a square tent is tricky, maybe use two smaller lamps side by side?
If you got the bar kind and hung them at 1/3 spacing you'd get a more uniform ppfd
:passitleft:

Hi guys and gals!

Thanks again!

look at rigs for 5x5 that fit inside a 4x4 tent. your best bet is wall to wall light, you want a rig that nearly goes that far physically.

as far as a led veg light, any "full spec" light will do. you can diy your own dedicated veg and flower rigs, but the commercial builders only do full spec unless you pay for dedicated boutique veg and flower rigs with the right emitter k mix etc. .

Try this light...

High enough wattage if you ever decide to use it as a flowering light. Detachable driver. All the bars are adjustable both for location on the fixture rack and the angle of light you want. I believe this adjustability is what would allow you to be able to even out your PPFD across the canopy pretty well especially along the edges where PPFD tends to drop off and the hot spots that tend to happen around the middle of the light.

The price is also very reasonable for the light you get. $300 for 650w of power is a great deal! I've used their lights for years with no issues and plan on purchasing this light for the next run I will be doing in my 5 x 5. I may pick up some side light bars in case I can't adjust the light to my liking but I don't see that happening with the adjustability this light gives me.

check the sponsors before pulling the trigger. there are board discounts and a number of quality lights available.

Hi guys and gals!

Thanks again!
If you only want 600µmol, you might check out Migro lights. One way Migro is able to reduce cost is to sell lights that have lower powered drivers.

Alright guys so to update what I went for.....
Phlizon 450w.

Having a look around and this light states that it can veg a 5x5 area making the 4x4 area alot more uniform.

Managed to get £20 off of the light and I'll never need to run the light at 450w until the very last week of veg if I need to so the running cost will be spot on.

I will also do an unopening and item reveal when I get them through. After being a lumatek fan boy will be good to see how the cheaper range compares.

@PhlizonGrowLight

Screenshot_20240305_114124_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240305_114138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Alright guys so to update what I went for.....
Phlizon 450w.

Having a look around and this light states that it can veg a 5x5 area making the 4x4 area alot more uniform.

Managed to get £20 off of the light and I'll never need to run the light at 450w until the very last week of veg if I need to so the running cost will be spot on.

congrats on the great pick up ! really nice light, you'll have to let us know how you like it. i like the architecture of that light.

you might check out Migro lights.

approach carefully. believe they are a rebrand of the wegro light that burned bill's place down.

So Guys,

I'd love to give better feedback. Everything was sailing smoothly, fast dispatch. But that's where it ends.
Report of the delivery, get home, no box. We do have issues with delivery in the area as we are rural but this was well over a week.

All I can say is the customer service is pretty Sh*t. Every message takes a good 48hours for a reply. Started on their website chat they said they would need 48hours to investigate..... nothing. So after needing to prompt a few times I then get a response needs more time. Same scenario again I then get directed to email them. Which I do and the same scenario all over again. I need a light ASAP as it's holding things up now. I've asked for a refund but it doesn't look like they are going to play ball. Looks like its going to have to go through the credit card company.

@PhlizonGrowLight .... need to work on your end user support and resolution. All good having a good light but pointless if you can't get it to tour supplier.

Back
Top Bottom