Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

sorry to but in but you gotta checkout monstergardens.com they have a plasma for 1180.00$ ,im already saving up for one

Did you know that these Luxim LEP light emiting plasma lights were developed for rear projection tv's? This was Luxims biggest market but it fell by the wayside to LCD and LED tv's. Panasonic used these lamps in their RPTV's. It might be cheaper to get one out of a few year old rptv!!Again i must stress these are not the holy microwave sulpher plasma's.they are simular in that they both use microwaves as an exciter but it ends there. they are only 250 watts and 7000K CCD MSP are availble in 700 -1200 watts and are 3000K-4500K. Induction lights are much cheaper at $450 for 300 watt and are the correct color of 2700K.

All I can say on this matter is That I posted facts in previouse post that is directly from the txt of these companys and how they tried to make it a marketable item but the engines were high maintenence and had a high failure rating.They ran these lights for a little while in europe or something but they took them down.I think mainly it was because they were transmitting in the 2.4ghz spectrum.A veary....well the narrowist bandwidth but its a freaquency that is most used in cell phones satilights My scale rc planes.But any way fcc would not approve this as its the new rf or spectrum frequency.The only change in these lights is now its at 2.6ghz or something.Going green is there sales pitch.I am not saying they work or they dont I put the facts here and people can make their own choices.I am saying is there is a lot that needs to be prooved after researching this tech.And so far a lot of the grow lights I have seen have failed.Even led has not been proven for reliability.Yes there are some that grow well but the higher the wattage inpute on the diode or the more heat that builds it looses its light emiting power.They may only work for a few grows before they start to degrade.Only time will tell.So if you own an led take the lens out and keep her cool.But led is advancing even as we speek.This is what all the knew home lighting fixtures use.Its the latest thing and soon enouph the prices on led will drop tramendously.DAM DIODES AINT CHEEP.As for hps they will not be around much longer due to the electric use isues or whatever going on with that.You will not be able to purchase hps with in the next 5 years.But there advancing and readying themselves with new ideals on hps for horticulture use.You will be able to use your digital ballast.:peace:

All I can say on this matter is That I posted facts in previouse post that is directly from the txt of these companys and how they tried to make it a marketable item but the engines were high maintenence and had a high failure rating.They ran these lights for a little while in europe or something but they took them down.I think mainly it was because they were transmitting in the 2.4ghz spectrum.A veary....well the narrowist bandwidth but its a freaquency that is most used in cell phones satilights My scale rc planes.But any way fcc would not approve this as its the new rf or spectrum frequency.The only change in these lights is now its at 2.6ghz or something.Going green is there sales pitch.I am not saying they work or they dont I put the facts here and people can make their own choices.I am saying is there is a lot that needs to be prooved after researching this tech.And so far a lot of the grow lights I have seen have failed.Even led has not been proven for reliability.Yes there are some that grow well but the higher the wattage inpute on the diode or the more heat that builds it looses its light emiting power.They may only work for a few grows before they start to degrade.Only time will tell.So if you own an led take the lens out and keep her cool.But led is advancing even as we speek.This is what all the knew home lighting fixtures use.Its the latest thing and soon enouph the prices on led will drop tramendously.DAM DIODES AINT CHEEP.As for hps they will not be around much longer due to the electric use isues or whatever going on with that.You will not be able to purchase hps with in the next 5 years.But there advancing and readying themselves with new ideals on hps for horticulture use.You will be able to use your digital ballast.:peace:

Are you still talking about EFDL? Or sulphur plasma - or... LED now? If you're talking about the induction fluorescents, it was my understanding that they've operated on a few frequencies, but those frequencies were FAR below that. I guess you've got me confused, now. Got any links to that frequency information? Or to journals where the lights have failed that I could read?

Are you still talking about EFDL? Or sulphur plasma - or... LED now? If you're talking about the induction fluorescents, it was my understanding that they've operated on a few frequencies, but those frequencies were FAR below that. I guess you've got me confused, now. Got any links to that frequency information? Or to journals where the lights have failed that I could read?

I cant remember off the top of my head I have read so much about all this when I was looking to purchase one of these realy expensive lights.I didnt want to seem in favor of any one light so I kinda threw some of the isues of other tech.On the induction tech you can google it and there is a winki sight that will go threw the whole history of its inception.As this tech progressed in surch of fixing the the movable parts that flawed in early designs is when they started comming out with more of the plasma and led designs that eliminated the need of the magnetic engine.I think I read up more on these lights on other forums before comming to 420.I would also try product reveiws.:peace:

sorry enamoly little friendly debate going on lol.Realy looking forward to seeing some up dates on your grow.I have been using my light on flower for about a week.I have been getting a lot of stretching but other than that plant looks pretty healthy.Some of the stretching I think is in the plants nature but I cant say its intirely the lights fault but it sure does work better than there 90 watt units.:peace:

Why does this thread say there's one more page after this (page 6), but when I click to go to page 7 it brings me back here?
-its like its groundhogs day!

Where is anomoly any way..............How are your lights holding up anomoly.My ladys seem to be a little slow.Starting to remind me of the 2 90 watts I used to flower my last time around.But there still healthy and looking good.I will give a few more weeks then I kicking the hps on.I believe my last lights took a little longer but the overall seemed the quality is what most impressed me.Well from the look and smell as I dont smoke any more I just enjoy the growing for my family that needs their meds.

I here you protonz best to just let it go.99.5 chance he may have a qulity product but in any case its good to see the tech has not completely died and there still working on it.But not at my expence.

Wow looks like there's been a heated debate going on in my absence lol My computer crashed and had to be sent back to apple so I'm out of a computer until they fixed or replaced it. I'm posting this from my iPhone. I will put up pictures of the harvest when I get my computer back. Play nice fellas haha

Yeah I appoligize anamoly.LOL.It was a little off the hook.Thought you chocked things up.Really looking forward to see how the lights worked out for you.I seem to be getting a lot of stretching using just one unit.Thinking of getting another.

Its cool man, people love thier grow lights:thumb:As for your issue with the stretching I had the same problem but it had to do with a number of factors. I found the lights work the best about 8 to 12 inches from the canopy no less and no more. If they are to close the wide band LEDs don't work well because they are meant to disperse the light. I had mine way to high before realized this and on top of that I was having crazy summer temps that were making the temps in my grow room uncontrollable, if I was using HID's my crop would have been toast. LED's are deffineley my summer grow light. :tokin: I would do some super cropping or topping and lower your lights if they're stretching. How high you have your lights now? What are your temps? How big is your grow area? And how many plants?

Just flowering 1 tlc and croped...No topping.LOL I am running out of room I think my lights 6inches above.I have been just letting her go lately.I cant say I have been completely fair with the use of light and strain.Been cold conditions here but for sure this is a summer light.My next grow I will be more prepared.Had some out door going didnt want to go over the leagal limit.Also been out of work...I am happy with the light thow for my application.Just a tinker trial this go around.:peacetwo:

Its cool man, people love thier grow lights:thumb:As for your issue with the stretching I had the same problem but it had to do with a number of factors. I found the lights work the best about 8 to 12 inches from the canopy no less and no more. If they are to close the wide band LEDs don't work well because they are meant to disperse the light. I had mine way to high before realized this and on top of that I was having crazy summer temps that were making the temps in my grow room uncontrollable, if I was using HID's my crop would have been toast. LED's are deffineley my summer grow light. :tokin: I would do some super cropping or topping and lower your lights if they're stretching. How high you have your lights now? What are your temps? How big is your grow area? And how many plants?

Hey Anomoly, good to see you back. Just wondering is you are still experiencing the dimming of the lights.

Sorry lighting :geek:'s, I'll just be a moment...

Anomoly, dropping to catch up... what is the latest?

Hope all is well!

Doesn't everyone do their growing (and sleeping) inside a Faraday cage anyway?

Lol.

:rofl:
I have heard with an electrodless with enouph power will excite the gases on a near by light.I dont know if this is a myth do you have a larger light to experiment.Also your not going to pick up rf on a clock radio mhz.ghz do it next to a tv digital broadcast.When will these lights be available and adaptable for hps digital ballast will it work cost is to much for me to tinker with even led overpriced I could have nice green house by the time im done purchasing lights It would be pretty cool to get one of them solar units this was my thoughts when looking into these lights even if it does grow little plants:peace:

Thank you for the info,I will be watching the grow very closely and hope all works out for grow.
br

I am lost is this grow still going on? Is there to be another one to see if this works or not. I do not like the idea of removing post, how about some more info on what is happing,
br

Back
Top Bottom