Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

So when is the test grow starting?

Mine? Just waiting on a couple of things. Something to grow, something to grow it with, you know:grinjoint:. Stuff coming from other countries takes a little while. I didn't stop to think about the whole Christmas thing either which might be adding to the delays.

I thought about going ahead and starting a journal, but it'd be like notifying your publisher that you were about to write a book and hoping he'd go ahead and send book-covers out to all the stores. Not much point without anything inside.

What I'm wondering is how Anomoly23's grow is coming along. This is HIS journal. So how about an update? Are things going well (I hope)?

PS LG already have these for sale in the commercial market. I have personally seen 4 in action.

Very interesting thread. I'm a new member who is interested in increasing or at least maintaining yields by reducing relamps every other cycle and of course lowering wattage without getting into trouble. I've been using induction and have been happy with the results and not having to relamp anymore but I was considering plasma for my next purchase to see if I can get even better yields So I thought you may be able to help me if you've had any hands on experience with them.

Based on the spectral distribution charts I saw by Chameleon Solar Genesis it would seem that without an enhanced red LED lamp array being added the sulfur plasma lamps would not be good for flowering and bud as the Solar Genesis 1 @ $1,100 looked like it has an extremely fast drop off above the 580+ nm range and the Solar Genesis 2 @ $2,195 suffers the same fate but the Solar Genesis 3 @ $6,995 does offer this with an LED array and the spectrum stays peaked all the way to 700nm. I won't spend this kind of money though and even if I could I'd want to know how fast lumen output depreciates and for that I've only been ale to find one chart that compares the plasma to a variety of other grow lamps but there's not much out there that I've been able to find.

So I guess what I'm asking is; is there a enough of a difference between a plasma and an EFDL induction at even the clone/veg stage to warrant investing the $1,100 -2,100 for the plasma since most of the benefits would appear to come from that UV range and the visible spectrums, which would make it nice to work in the room but doesn't do much for PAR I would think.

Does Envirotech sell or recommend a plasma fixture? Also wattage EFDL fixtures do you offer? I visited enviro-techlighting.com which I assumed was you but I didn't see the info on your site. Do they make an EFDL lamp above the 400?

Any comments are really appreciated because I'm setting up another room as we speak. Later

Hey All Sorry I kind of abandoned this grow but I had some housing issues and some other problems with this grow and didn't get to continue Like I would have liked. This was kind of a bad luck grow, had a whole ton of heat issues, lighting problems which stunted the growth of a few so i had a very uneven canopy, and one of the biggest problems I wasn't able to be around as much to personally tend to my babies:rollingeyes: I was a bad father lol. So This grow Did not get the results I hoped but It was good enough for first time LED. I actually Finished the flowering stage off with my 1000 Watt HPS but I think we Are going LED the whole way through this time unless we run into issues again. But I did snap some pics right before and durning the chop quickly. Ill be starting another grow Journal this time its going to be with two 250 watt PG250 LED's, 2X 125 CFL and 2X50Watt CFL's. Got some beautiful pre Veg Skywalker clones to go with that and I am ready to rock again:tommy: So be on the look out for this one. I guess this could go to completed now. Here are some pics, sorry they are not to good I was in a rush:tokin:

IMG_03934.jpg

IMG_03924.jpg

IMG_03897.jpg

IMG_03792.jpg

IMG_03787.jpg

IMG_03767.jpg

IMG_03755.jpg

IMG_03727.jpg

IMG_03658.jpg

Hey All Sorry I kind of abandoned this grow but I had some housing issues and some other problems with this grow and didn't get to continue Like I would have liked. This was kind of a bad luck grow, had a whole ton of heat issues, lighting problems which stunted the growth of a few so i had a very uneven canopy, and one of the biggest problems I wasn't able to be around as much to personally tend to my babies:rollingeyes: I was a bad father lol. So This grow Did not get the results I hoped but It was good enough for first time LED. I actually Finished the flowering stage off with my 1000 Watt HPS but I think we Are going LED the whole way through this time unless we run into issues again. But I did snap some pics right before and durning the chop quickly. Ill be starting another grow Journal this time its going to be with two 250 watt PG250 LED's, 2X 125 CFL and 2X50Watt CFL's. Got some beautiful pre Veg Skywalker clones to go with that and I am ready to rock again:tommy: So be on the look out for this one. I guess this could go to completed now. Here are some pics, sorry they are not to good I was in a rush:token:

Thank you for the update Anomoly23, and the pics. At least you got something for the efforts, so all was not lost. :high-five:

Sorry to hear about the other aspects of life rearing up on you. Once I began focusing on the journey, and seeing the destination as a bonus in addition to, I noticed things seemed much simpler and less stressful (Oh, I had stopped reading and watching FOX news too).

I look forward to your next grow.

Thank you for the update Anomoly23, and the pics. At least you got something for the efforts, so all was not lost. :high-five:

Sorry to hear about the other aspects of life rearing up on you. Once I began focusing on the journey, and seeing the destination as a bonus in addition to, I noticed things seemed much simpler and less stressful (Oh, I had stopped reading and watching FOX news too).

I look forward to your next grow.

Thanks man, I see your grow turned out fantastic!!:bravo: It seemed to me last Time that the height of the LED from the canopy was a very big factor ,and it looks like you had it right. How far were you hanging your lights above the canopy generally? Right Now I do about 8 Inches to 12 maximum. Seemed to be optimum from what I saw last time but I'd like to see what you were doin.

Thanks man, I see your grow turned out fantastic!!:bravo: It seemed to me last Time that the height of the LED from the canopy was a very big factor ,and it looks like you had it right. How far were you hanging your lights above the canopy generally? Right Now I do about 8 Inches to 12 maximum. Seemed to be optimum from what I saw last time but I'd like to see what you were doin.

This time around I was intentionally holding at about 18" during bloom, for a consistent footprint, as I couldn't move the light around the tent, nor the plants around the light.

I had far more, but smaller colas, this time round. The buds themselves were tight, but I think I could have got "fatter" ones with the light closer, and the ability to either move the plants or lights around.

You've got the zone at the 8-12" range, which is about where I was with the first grow, but then I was able to turn & move plants throughout the day for maximum coverage.

I recently saw a 4x2x7' tent with a light mover & 3' rail, I was really gung-ho to do the same, till I priced it all out. For the next grow, I will be allowing for the option of moving the light (by hand).

My goodness... the last thing I need is a grow with moving parts :hmmmm:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

hey Anom just wanted to bounce some questions off ya...as a fellow Hydro Hut LED grower...I'd PM ya but I'm toooooo newb to PM still...

I'm also sporting 2 of the hydro hut 260W LED lamps...been away from home a long time and have some1 tending to a couple GHS 'Pure Kush' (we'll see how pure pure is lol) and a couple Dutch Passion Durban Poison plants while they veg out a bit...snagged 4 x 125W warm CFL lamps as well to augment. I *almost* snagged some of the plasma lamps they sell as well but just couldn't justify the cost. I was really curious what a 4x2ft tent footprint could grow with 4 or 8 of those plasma lamps. Anyway my buddy has been vegging them out for me so I can clip some clones when I get back home and then put the moms into flower. I have two tents that are approx 4ft x 2ft footprint...with the intention of running them on opposite 12/12s just in case my electric company or kops are/do/ever snooping me...I honestly doubt this offers me much stealth but I sleep better at night =D Anyway dude I'm just wondering if you have any tips for me as you've got a couple grows under the belt with the HH PG250 (260?) lamps. I notice you like them about 8-12" from the canopy...are you still with that opinion? Do you think having a single PG260 accompanied by 2 x 125W warm CFL in each tent would be good for 2 plants apiece? I'm assuming the kush plants will finish faster than the durbans...though it's claimed the durban is a 8-9 weeker. Have you had a strain finish on schedule with the LEDs? It seems like maybe it takes longer for full on cloudy or amber trichs with a few LED grows I've checked out...tho when they *do* finish it seems like they're really, really tight, sexy buds...can't imagine how gooooooooood those babies must taste =D
I actually think I'm going to move the PG260s and CFLs over to a cabinet of sum prolly ugly hack design to house my cloner and some veg space...and snag a couple T5 8-lamp rigs to fully take advantage of my two 4x2ft flowering spaces...but leaving an awkward pause here for you or Endy or anyone to say "hey waitup on that...my LED buds are tight & small *BUT* deadly strong & flaver!"

Any of your thoughts appreciated! Props to Endy & you other LED growers willing to take a chance...BIG UPS!

much love & respeck!,
InhaleShanti

:Namaste:

but leaving an awkward pause here for you or Endy or anyone to say "hey waitup on that...my LED buds are tight & small *BUT* deadly strong & flaver!"

Hey, wait a moment, our LED buds are tight AND fat AND wonderfully strong with flava'!
DSC02788_S-2_b4chop.jpg

I just wish they (LEDs) could cover more space... :)

those are ~fiiiiiiiiiiiine~ ass buds...
i'm convinced combo'ing diodes & cfl is the solution for me in my non-optimal slightly warmish grow room...
those buds look pretty stankydank...some extra cfl cheap watts can only help...
i saw a comment somewhere by a dude wanting to add as low a wattage possible MH bulb for some or all hours to give some UV...d/t some fancy phytoscience saying UV light +++'s the terpenes antiroxidants and all them other healthy not as stony chems in the plant...
but uhhhh...whatwasisaying...just having not to deal with the heatbaggyness of bigger fans and more heat to vent & the extra $$$ tied up in said bigger fans n whatnot...is ~GOLDEN~ !!
just more coverage amen on that man

PEACE
:Namaste:

yeah and pardon my ignorance...
those r clearly fatass ~!!

yeah and pardon my ignorance...
those r clearly fatass ~!!

It's all good. I have my core beliefs shaken up quite often these days, it used to upset me but I realized that open-mindedness is the key to doubling the chances of success in life.

It is really about finding what works best for you and your set-up. Everyones requirements and environments vary. Find what works well and what doesn't, adapt to find your method. Follow the threads learn from others mistakes & successes. You will make mistakes, its okay, so long as you learn from them.

I love LEDs and just completed my first 600w HPS grow. I am now thoroughly convinced LEDs + small to mid wattage HPS is the way to go for small gardens (4'x2' to 5'x3').

I've put away my CFLs (for the most part), and have yet to even unbox my metal halide lamp (don't think I will). The Veg setting on my LED makes for great seedlings & cuttings and since I'm not growing towering monsters, I don't need to veg to large sizes, thus I may never use the MH lamp.

IMG_0113-LED-jock1-wk4bl.jpg

Jock #1 clone, day 30 of bloom

It's the combination of the two in bloom that is killer. By combining, it still allows you to cut back on wattage burned, but with an improved spectrum and respectable, usable footprint.

(sorry for going on and on... I just :roorrip: and then :bong:)

Back
Top Bottom