Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

hi Anomoly, you've got some intermediate growth coming on to help fill them in.:thumb: They look healthy. I'd give them a light supercrop, just a pinch near the tops. Enough to crush the stems a bit but you don't have to actually cause them to bend to get the benefits.

Ya I am hoping they will beef up real nice once I switch them to 12/12, which I will do soon. I am going to let them recover a little from the supercropping I did after I saw your post today:) gave them all a pinch at the top. Going to switch over to 12 /12 in a week give or take. Going to try and keep them at this height as long as possible so they have room to stretch. Can't wait. I may add another light for flowering because I am anal like that, I always end up throwing more and more lights on all my grows, I never end up with the same set up as the beginning:tokin:

So I am back and I have upgraded my set up for flowering stage:slide:. I have got another Pro Grow 250. I am on the third day of flowering and everything is good so far. The temps have been a little high since I added the light, it actually hit 90 today:tokin:, but I think I will be able to manage them with the portable A/C unit I got during summer. I also have the lights set go be off during the hottest parts of the day so hopefully that will help as well. Only have one issue with one of the plants I think it is getting a bit over watered and I have some yellowing that looks like 80's splatter paint on two of the Fan leaves. I have eased up watering on that plant and the new growth is just fine. PH levels have been a steady 6.8 and humidity is down to about 30% most of the time:) Going to be great for flowering. Here are some new pics too of the upgraded set up.

New_set_up_1:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

Much Better coverage.
New_set_up_6:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

new_set_up_3:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

About 1 foot from the light, a little below the canopy.
new_setup_4:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

new_set_up_5:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

new_setup_2:_9:snooze:2010.jpg

Looking good!

Are you running both spectrums on the 250s? They seem to push a bit more red than the 140W, at least in the pics anyways.

im sketchy about the plasma induction lights right now, mine brokedown completly while in my second grow, have sent hydroponicshut 4 emails and called them numerous times with no reply, do you have the purple,yellow first gen plasmas, if so if they ever breakdown dont plan on getting a replacement even though their stated under 3 year warranty. i also have their 2nd gen plasma, well see how long this one lasts... Very displeased with their service and will not be going back there for future purchases, buyer beware!!!

What do the second gen lights look like? Sorry to hear about your bad dealings with HH. I have been dealing with them for a while now and have had good service from them. One of my plasmas went out and I got it exchanged within 2 weeks. How did your grow turn out? :smokin:

i finally got a reply but its too late to save my grow so i scrapped it, the new plasmas have an 2700/6500k dual spec lamp and are noticely brighter

Looking good!

Are you running both spectrums on the 250s? They seem to push a bit more red than the 140W, at least in the pics anyways.

Ya I got them both running on the full spectrum setting, every three days or so I set them to the flowering spectrum for the duration of the light cycle that day, with just the red and infrared LED's. In the pic It is showing if full spectrum they are heavily red, they use white just to fill the spectrum. I am liking this so far although it is a little hotter with both the lights, but since heat is so low with these lights to begin with it is manageable.:tokin:

Nice job love the 2nd eddition of the 250w LED. How do you like the panels?:smokin:

I am loving them so far, low heat, very bright and now that I have the second one the foot print is huge. So as far as that goes they are great, well see what kind of buds they can create. I got high hopes:blunt: If I can beat this PM issue that has risen:yikes:Which I think I have under control, I think ill have some thick buds.:cheer:

im sketchy about the plasma induction lights right now, mine brokedown completly while in my second grow, have sent hydroponicshut 4 emails and called them numerous times with no reply, do you have the purple,yellow first gen plasmas, if so if they ever breakdown dont plan on getting a replacement even though their stated under 3 year warranty. i also have their 2nd gen plasma, well see how long this one lasts... Very displeased with their service and will not be going back there for future purchases, buyer beware!!!

What do the second gen lights look like? Sorry to hear about your bad dealings with HH. I have been dealing with them for a while now and have had good service from them. One of my plasmas went out and I got it exchanged within 2 weeks. How did your grow turn out? :smokin:

i finally got a reply but its too late to save my grow so i scrapped it, the new plasmas have an 2700/6500k dual spec lamp and are noticely brighter

I have to admit I had the same issue, but the weird thing is the next time it came on it was bright again, stayed bright for a few cycles then got really dimm again:scratchinghead: I contacted HH and they were pretty prompt to reply and accommodate me, so I cant complain there. I am just glad the lights didn't fully go out and they were not my main source. :)I'm sorry to hear you had to scrap the grow, but I feel your pain on the plasmas. But they work so good when they do work! I'm pretty sure they should have those issues hashed out soon, still new tech with the bi spectrum.

The Plants have now been flowering for about three weeks. I had a little issue with a cal/mag deficiency that I think I got under control, and a minor PM problem to that I squashed immediately and I hope it will not come back.:goodluck: other than that they look like they are doing pretty well, I brought down the Ph to 6.4 or so I don't think this strain likes the higher Ph. Temps have been lower so heat has not been a problem. Here are some new pics of the girls. They are a bit saggy right now because I am about to water them, they are pretty dry:lot-o-toke:

3_weeks_into_flower.jpg

3_weeks_int_flower_3.jpg

3_weeks_int_flower_4.jpg

3_weeks_into_flower_2.jpg

Here are some more pics, I think they are looking pretty good considering what they have been through with the high temps, some fungi and a cal/mag deff that hit them pretty bad. Next time around temps will not be an issue because it will be winter soon;) These were old clones to so they were pretty stretched from the beginning and then a lot of factors got them pretty tall. I will most likely do a SCROG grow next time around. But for now we will see how these do:goodluck:

budzz1.jpg

budzz21.jpg

They have really come around and are looking great!

I'm battling off a mag deficiency myself, halfway through flowering... Those 250's look like they're doing the job just fine.

They have really come around and are looking great!

I'm battling off a mag deficiency myself, halfway through flowering... Those 250's look like they're doing the job just fine.

Thanks for checkin them out:cheer: Ya I completely forgot I was using RO water which requires you to add some cal/mag sometimes, now that I added that they seem to be doing great. The PG250's are doing a really good job so far, the buds are packing on weight real quick now.:slide: Hows you PG working out for you? I will have to check out your grow again:)

The PG 140 is working well, good coverage plus deep penetration. In hindsight I probably should have gone with the 250, but thats more for the future, should my garden space get bigger.

OK I found you.:popcorn:

While I understand your tent demanded more light, I am more intersted in a solo PG 250 grow. That one might be on me, but I'm already 2 weeks into a grow from seed, so it wouldn't be fair. And I haven't bought the light yet.

I have 2 complete grows with a UFO 90, but supplemented with CFLs out of necessity as twice a power supply blew and I had to send it back for replacement.

:woohoo:

Right on..I see you purchased a second light to help fill that big area.Sweet...I was going to recomend lowering you lights but your way ahead of me...Ive been running the 250 for some time now.Its a pretty good light.I grew some tomatoes and peppers under it and had nice red fruit the size of my fist and only used the light for about 5 hrs a day then cfls kicked on for the remainder.There is still nothing out there that will out perform hps in growth besides the sun but I really like the quality in the end.The purple pink spectrum realy brings out the sugars...Right now I am just starting some ice and superskunk in bubble buckets.Grow is out to a good start...There growing pretty fast hoping to start a mango if I time it right and get all fem.I should have a nice even canopy.But any way your grow is looking good.Have you thought about adding t5 verticaly to the corners of your temt.I have found the led and t5 work realy well togeather you will be amazed on how much brighter it is.:blunt:

Here are some more pics of the ladies, they are coming along nice. The Cal/Mag deff is pretty much gone and they are all packing on some buds. I got a few that seem to be a little behind But I am hooping they will catch up.:yummy: I added some more cfls for a bit more light.:thumb:

Big_bud_13.jpg

big_bud_4.jpg

big_bud_3.jpg

Here are some more pics of the ladies, they are coming along nice. The Cal/Mag deff is pretty much gone and they are all packing on some buds. I got a few that seem to be a little behind But I am hooping they will catch up.:yummy: I added some more cfls for a bit more light.:thumb:

Big_bud_13.jpg

big_bud_4.jpg

big_bud_3.jpg
Yah thats a nice set up.Jelouse.I can only afford to run a 2x4 foot tent with the cost of electricity in my neck of the woods got these dam tear and summer access fees that are off the hook.:welldone:

Yah thats a nice set up.Jelouse.I can only afford to run a 2x4 foot tent with the cost of electricity in my neck of the woods got these dam tear and summer access fees that are off the hook.:welldone:
Thanks for coming by and checking them out. Ya I was a bit worried when I first decided to grow in this tent because I felt it was a little big, but in my own true fashion I ended up adding more light :ganjamon: I actually ended up adding...I laugh when I say this because its so far from the original set up..600 more watts of lighting:rocker: I did that in the form of a PG250 and I also added two feliz 125 watt 2700k warm spectrum cfl's, along with keeping one plasma going for right now . I also have two 50 watt 4ft t5's horizontally placed on each side. Needless to say its not easy on the electric bill, but it has been cool enough that I dont have to run the air conditioner so heat has not been an issue yet. The PG250's don't emit much heat at all so I dont think it will:surf:
the ladies are looking smexy , cant wait to see the final product!
Thanks Foxfarm, Im hoping everything will go smooth from here out:goodluck:
Those ladies are looking great, and there is always room for more CFLs!
:yummy:
Yes there is always room for more lighting period:yummy: I am really liking the two PG 250's teamed up, I am really surprised on the penetration of the LED. I am getting some pretty large bud growth below the canopy on the undergrowth:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom