First Ever Auto Grow: Tangerine Dream, Partial Journal Days 36-71

Damn those outdoor girls are looking good!

The Chem Dawg's looking great too- it's in good hands with the spider on patrol :)
I get a lot of little jumping spiders on my outdoor plants. No aphids yet, so they're doing their job...
Between the spiders and the mosquito dunks, the fly paper is almost empty this time. I know they’ll be back, but their cycle is interrupted for now. Had a wasp in there the other day looking to set up a home, but I don’t offer the welcome mat to them like I do to the spiders.

ChemDawg starting to make my mouth water. Not much makes me happier than seeing buds fall over from their own weight.
45334660-EB77-4159-B9AA-CE4E9CBAFFDB.jpeg
6353CD80-5D36-4944-85BD-BF4CB91104C7.jpeg

For anyone just popping in, these are my very unique autoflower plants. Sprouted Jan 12, their sister plant began flowering around 18 days, these obviously did not. These were moved from indoor to outdoor during extreme weather conditions, transplanted, and fed what I had left once my MegaCrop ran out (Hawaiian Bud n Bloom, Foxfarm Open Sesame) and they finally began flowering a few weeks ago. Now they are back on MegaCrop and a bit of cal/mag and that’s about it. Enjoying the sun/wind/rain right here at the beach, leaves are getting tough like leather, flowers are starting to look like little pine trees. Welcome to anyone stopping by to see these freaks of nature as they flower in May/June.

They really love life on the beach!
Beautiful plants- those girls are going to yield some serious weight-pretty sure you'll have a new "personal best"(or two) when you harvest...

Tell me about the base of your plant. How did you get 4 or 5 stems coming up out of the soil?
All I did to this plant was top it once at the 3rd/4th node at about 3 weeks old, and top it for height purposes about a month ago. Those are just lower branches that probably should have been cut off long ago and now they think they are main branches. Now I quadline my autos but this is from my very first batch and still going, I never expected them to live so long . The other plant has a damn tree trunk lol.

Back in my old growing days I would have probably chopped this because about 80% of the pistils have turned red, but I know right now I have at least a week until the trichomes look how I want them. This beauty is nearly falling over from her own weight and smells like what dreams are made of.
08CD7DC6-DA4C-463E-B1C6-E49EA95C587B.jpeg

Damn, those are some chunky colas!
What do you look for in the trichomes- almost all cloudy, or do you wait for a little amber ?

Damn, those are some chunky colas!
What do you look for in the trichomes- almost all cloudy, or do you wait for a little amber ?
I've never had the greatest of patience when it came to this part, it was always just "Well it looks close enough". This time I'm going to wait for the amber though. This is one of the better smelling plants I've grown (in recent memory) and I'd hate to fuck up the potential taste and everything by picking early. I've been reading a bit here too about letting the plant go bone dry for it's last few days. I was doing a similar thing in the past where I'd basically take my plant out of the tent and put it in a sunny window and let it dry out for a day or 2. I like the bit of shock at the end the plants life, I know there are lots of different techniques. Any suggestions are welcome, this waiting and doing it right thing is all new to me lol.

I know there are lots of different techniques.
I've never done anything special at harvest time- I do try and time it for when the plant needs water,but that's about all...
10-20% amber is what I usually wait for, although a low ryder I grew awhile back never did get any amber on it...it did start popping out some boy parts, so I used the "close enough" method on that one.

It’s about to warm up and hopefully
BB643D11-B305-4102-A224-61F8407F5E48.jpeg
these ladies are going to get a lot bulkier this week.

And inside my @carcass seedling are looking good so far-
31B1F220-8413-468C-BCC8-281FF2D09E4C.jpeg

and this little gordita is still packing on weight.
5431D9D5-38CC-4845-95C7-6793E7D53592.jpeg

Enjoy the 3 day weekend

The LRx seedlings look great, outdoor girls are loving life,and the little gordita is getting fatter....
Life is good up there in Wa.! :thumb:

The LRx seedlings look great
They really took off this week, just like you said they would. I’m wondering what to do with them... The one that ends up outside is just going to get topped once and left to do its thing. But the inside one, should I quadline it? Wondering if I should just treat it like a regular auto with light cycle and everything?

I should just treat it like a regular auto with light cycle and everything?
That's hard to say-that one I've got going outside is looking a lot like it's starting to re-veg...which is really odd, since it's about halfway through flowering...so it acted like an auto for awhile, but now it's acting like a photo.(wtf?)
I think they'll be shorter plants- the first one grew to 21" tall, and the clone is 16", so you probably won't have a height problem if you just let it go natural- but, I think you can double the yield if you quadline them.
Light-wise, I'd just treat it like the other autos- if it is an auto, it should start flowering under 18/6 - if it doesn't start flowering eventually, you may need to do the 12/12 cycle to get it flowering.
You're actually the guinea pig here- when we see what they do for you,it should answer the auto/photo question once and for all. :)

It’s been a great journey with this girl, and she got her last watering today. The lower flowers are showing lots of amber in the trich’s, the upper flowers aren’t showing as much on the tip top but clipping off a piece from inside shows that it’s getting there.
B7C301DA-B40B-4B26-84B6-3E6A079649A1.jpeg
7F45772E-CC64-4C3C-B020-AB4B503809FA.jpeg

And her weight has went up all week, to the point that she looks like an uncomfortable pregnant lady. I can’t wait to cut into this sweet smelling chonker this weekend.
F5424E2F-8479-4D6B-ABAB-ADA355F8FF90.jpeg
24C0DA32-AC0A-49D8-97F0-880E6FBB1A19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom