First Ever Grow - Soil - 8 Ball Kush & Cheese Journal - 2016

20160604_182035.jpg
20160604_182029.jpg

Growing fast!!

They do at that age. Look nice

Hi, guys.

Back from my 'trip' :laugh:

So a question for anyone who can help! Its been a hot few days here in the UK, so my temps went up in the tent a little, I probably should of watered them a day earlier than I did.

Anyhow, a few leaves on the bottom of the plants are turning/turned yellow, could my temp and lack of water do this or is a nitrogen deficiency like the internet is pointing towards?

I gave them a full feed of nutes yesterday too just encase it is the nitrogen, will the yellow leaves recover if this is the case?

Opinions please, I can post pics if needed!

:thanks:

I just went through a period of neglect with my plants. Several of them wilted due to lack of water. But on the same note not all of them turned yellow first. I say continue your feeding schedule as normal, if it's got no moisture in the soil then there's not ability to uptake nitrogen. It's kind of a catch 22, if you know what mean... If you need a more specific answer, you may have to wait or go posting in the FAQs. But I think you're back on the right track.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

We like to give the plants calmag with their feedings. Seems to help the girls out. Have you tried it?
I haven't! Is that as well as the nutes? Or every watering? I don't know much about it tbf, but if it helps I'm willing to read up on it and try. Will my yellowing leaves recover or are they doomed for eternity?

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Get some calmag. We give it with every feed, so we add it to the nutes and water. It'll say how much to add per gallon on the bottle. You can certainly add it to plain water, but we feel plain water day is plain water day. A aaaannndddd! You can mix it in water in a spray bottle as a foliar feeding. So, if it's not a nute feed day when you get it, you can still get the benefits by spraying it on top and on the bottom of the leaves and the plant will absorb it. It's amazing stuff, but foxfarm does not have it in their line-up. That's why we supplement it. If the leaves aren't too badly yellowed, they should start to go back to green. If they are really yellow and don't turn back, pinch or cut them off the plant as they will just be dead weight and an eyesore for all the beautiful pics you will be posting in the future.

You should be able to get calmag at the home improvement stores in the gardening area. I hope this helps your girls like it does ours.

Get some calmag. We give it with every feed, so we add it to the nutes and water. It'll say how much to add per gallon on the bottle. You can certainly add it to plain water, but we feel plain water day is plain water day. A aaaannndddd! You can mix it in water in a spray bottle as a foliar feeding. So, if it's not a nute feed day when you get it, you can still get the benefits by spraying it on top and on the bottom of the leaves and the plant will absorb it. It's amazing stuff, but foxfarm does not have it in their line-up. That's why we supplement it. If the leaves aren't too badly yellowed, they should start to go back to green. If they are really yellow and don't turn back, pinch or cut them off the plant as they will just be dead weight and an eyesore for all the beautiful pics you will be posting in the future.

You should be able to get calmag at the home improvement stores in the gardening area. I hope this helps your girls like it does ours.
Thanks for the advice, massively appreciated. will any calmag do then? I've seen an £8 bottle which I'll purchase if so. Hopefully that will be the end of my yellow submaleaves ;)

It's calcium and magnesium. I don't think they can screw that up too bad. Lol. The cheap stuff should work just fine, just follow the mixing directions on the bottle and your girls will be gorgeous in no time.
Exellent! Just ordered myself a bottle. Thanks for the help, I'll do some reading up on it too so I know what I'm feeding the beauts! Cheers! Have a good weekend!

Just read this after researching alittle, seems to be a common problem with biobizz organic nutes. This was biobizz's response! I think it may be helpful to anyone who uses biobizz, specially in the grand old UK

This was the questions asked in the forum:

Why do BioBizz Nutes/Soils Always Show MG Def.

Answer from biobizz:

'''''Hi xxxxxxxx,

Thnx for the feedback and our respect for your help and support to the forum members. A few things and arguments pop into our heads immediately:

A Calcium Magnesium deficiency is impossible. There is no nutrient producer that would be so stupid not to make sure there is more than enough Cal/Mag available in any of the products. So basically, all products on the market have an actual surplus of both elements for sure. Some producers might offer it in separate bottles, but this is just a commercial scam:)

So what can cause this calcium magnesium deficiency? Because it is a fact for sure that people suffer from such a problem

1: People are not using Bio-grow during flowering as we recommend ( about 10-20% of all cases )
2: People are overdosing, causing a nitrogen blockage of the roots: a first sign of such a blockage: calcium def. Second sign: magnesium def.
( 60-70% of all cases )
3: Problems with the water quality ( hard water /soft water, low or high pH and Ec levels): even with organics nutrients you can bump into problems. (10-30% of all cases ) The best way to tackle such a problem is for instance with some Epson salt.
If people are really struggeling with crappy tab water in their area:
advise RO water, rainwater or letting the water rest for 24-48 hours before use. Since the water quality is a big problem in many parts of the UK, we are sure you have many efficient tips and tricks how to tackle problems caused by crappy tab water. Us dutchies are not as experienced with crappy tab water as you in the UK.

So, we are not sure if this is an answer you can appreciate, but the cal/mag deficiency caused by a nutrient is a myth. Cal/mag deficiency is caused by people and by water.

You can also inform all forum members they are happy to mail us at info@biobizz.com. As you notice, we take the time and effort to answer everybody on daily basis.

Best regards,

Biobizz Groningen,'''

So, I think its maybe my shitty water? I've been boiling my water and letting it sit, I've bought a little air pump and stone for my water a couple of days ago (which hasn't arrived yet) and I'm also going to add the epson salts too, along with the calmag!

Easy to blame it on the variables and every strain has different needs so to try and say that it couldn't be their product is just plain lazy they will implement their own demise
2238c959ae4f103f91bf815db1229843.jpg
here's a couple charts that i use to help understand the problems I'm having
42e431a73e4ca6dccb74e9e9ae106722.jpg

Back
Top Bottom