First Grow DIY Box & Bagseed

Subbed in! Looking good sir!! And i wouldnt fix the lean.... imo most people train there plants to do just that.

Thanks for the follow back happy great to have another set of eyes! I'm going to try quad lining so I think I want the main a little straighter and bend out nodes three and four

Thanks for the follow back happy great to have another set of eyes! I'm going to try quad lining so I think I want the main a little straighter and bend out nodes three and four
Great idea!!! I have very basic knowledge of main linning so ill be following closely to learn :)

Happy,

Good looking plants, although I think a bit more time between watering could really help. I noticed a few of your babies are drooping a bit, and growing a bit bent.

I have made the mistake of watering too much early on, and the symptoms looked very similar. More importantly mine had a sub-par root mass when I looked at the end of my grow.

I will never call myself an expert, just my two cents.

Moss.

Hey Stirstick, I’ll follow along, seen you in my journal :thumb:
Nice job tieing that lil guy up, and keeping him up, I’m on my first grow also, dove right into the deep end with some training and quadling, it’s been very fun so far, loving my new hobby. Gl on ur grow, I’ll be in the back watching :popcorn:
Stu

Hey Stirstick, I’ll follow along, seen you in my journal :thumb:
Nice job tieing that lil guy up, and keeping him up, I’m on my first grow also, dove right into the deep end with some training and quadling, it’s been very fun so far, loving my new hobby. Gl on ur grow, I’ll be in the back watching :popcorn:
Stu

Hey Stu, welcome aboard! Ya I've been reading along in your journal and it's looking great. I figured why not dive in right away, learn as I go and hope for the best too. Definitely hooked.

Think I'm going to do my transplant tonight and will have an update later.

Glad to have ya and welcome any feedback you have.

Update A's day 23:

So I went ahead and did the transplant today. A1 is looking great, has some new growth going on node 3 + 4 and never even blinked at the trimming.

A2 is looking quite droopy. I thought that it was over watering but when I transplanted today it was bone dry. So it may have been under watered and maybe a bit to do with the position of the lights (A2 was the tallest so the light was below the top of the leaves and may have been bending because of that.) Regardless I think it's looking more perky now that its several hours later.

The pro-mix soil I bought was still quite damp so I only gave each about 250ml of water around the edge of the new pots.

The B's are doing great and should be getting a trim within a week, they are both working on node 4 now so I will give them a bit more time and then start the same treatment the A's got.

IMG_20181205_121930.jpg
IMG_20181205_122150.jpg
IMG_20181205_124014.jpg

I've moved the cfl since posting this and have it hanging down from the led lighting.

My pots are about 5L and are recycled kitty litter containers painted .

I'll post an update tomorrow with how the recovery is going as well as some pics of the B's.

So whatever was causing the drooping (looks like underwatering the most likely) on A2 seems to be fixed. She is looking the best I've seen her. Both plants are loving the new soil!

Since there are nutes in the soil, I'm going to hold off giving more for a few weeks.

IMG_20181206_104209.jpg
IMG_20181206_104304.jpg
IMG_20181206_104312.jpg

And not to be forgotten, the B team:
IMG_20181206_104416.jpg

Update A's day 26 and B's 16:

Girls are looking great since the transplant, growing alot faster now.

I decided to move my led bulbs back some since I hadn't adjusted the height since setting them up. They are now 13" from the tops.

B'S are pushing out their 4th nodes now. I'm just gonna wait a bit to trim them until I think the foliage on nodes 3+4 are big enough to support the plant. Should be soon.

A1:
IMG_20181208_152413.jpg

A2 (big improvement):
IMG_20181208_152357.jpg

Both and the B team
IMG_20181208_152419.jpg
IMG_20181208_152430.jpg

I haven't tied anything down yet but keep manually spreading the nodes. I guess I'm just waiting for a little length to attach a pipe cleaner to.

Update A's day 31 B's day 21:

A's are continuing to grow well, A2 seems to like to grow faster. I'm continuing to adjust the ties on A2, I adjusted more toward the tips after taking today's photo.

B's have lost their bottom two nodes and have been topped above node 4. They have had a light nute feeding for the last two waterings. I plan to transplant to the same 5L pots tomorrow and expect I will see them take off like the A's.

B2 has some stretch compared to 1 but should be fine in transplant.

IMG_20181213_194411.jpg
IMG_20181213_194436.jpg
IMG_20181213_194453.jpg
IMG_20181213_194523.jpg

I'll post tomorrow after the transplant.

Transplanted the B's to their new home. I also have both CFL's hanging down now from my LEDs. So far so good and seems to be enough light to veg

Can't wait to bring on the blurple!

IMG_20181214_222035.jpg
IMG_20181214_222039.jpg

Now question time, these aren't signs of sex already are they?

IMG_20181214_222120.jpg
IMG_20181214_222103.jpg

Last question, anyone see an issue growing in 5L containers? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to upsize the pots at some point but not sure that's sufficient soil, I am limited to 5 feet total grow space so keeping the plants a little smaller might be ok ... Thoughts anyone?

So with A2 being male, I think I'm just going to cull him and not try for pollen collection on my first go. I don't really have a spot to put him safely and I don't think I could control the pollen with the furnace going. He was useful in the fact that I was able to test quadline with him and I think it went well.

B2 continues to grow taller than B1 which leads me to think it may be male as well as they are the same batch of seeds unlike the A's.

Both are taking off since the transplant and I can see some new growth at the node sites.

I'll post a couple pics later of the male and his training before I rip him out. Good thing is it will be more light for the remaining plants till I pick up the new light at the end of the month.

Alright I did the deed bonus to pulling up the male I got a good peek at how the root devolopment was. It's given me a pretty clear picture that I need to up pot again.

Male training:
IMG_20181217_115640.jpg

Male rootball:
IMG_20181217_120632.jpg

A1:
IMG_20181217_115653.jpg

Node 3 has almost caught up to 4 then I'll start bending them out.

Group shot and then the B's
IMG_20181217_115719.jpg
IMG_20181217_115741.jpg
IMG_20181217_115753.jpg

...always a crap shoot bringing in clones from an outside source...could be hosting some pests...I think 3 five gallon pails would work in your space...solid colors if you can...the more translucent ones will likely give you some algae on the side of the pail...not really a big deal IMHO, the plants still continue to grow, although it is a lil' unsightly...what is your intent for lighting past the led's and cfl's?...all in all, things are coming along nicely for Ya'...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

...always a crap shoot bringing in clones from an outside source...could be hosting some pests...I think 3 five gallon pails would work in your space...solid colors if you can...the more translucent ones will likely give you some algae on the side of the pail...not really a big deal IMHO, the plants still continue to grow, although it is a lil' unsightly...what is your intent for lighting past the led's and cfl's?...all in all, things are coming along nicely for Ya'...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Hey h00k, sorry I thought I had replied to this lol. I think your right about the 5g buckets. Lowe's has some dark blue ones for like 4$ a piece should block most of the light. On the 30th I pick up my new led lights full spectrum 1000w. Pulls about 200w I believe.

Back
Top Bottom