First Grow DIY Box & Bagseed

Update Day 47

So I broke down and took a sample nug today off of A. Trich's are looking mostly cloudy I believe with some clear. No amber yet on the calyces, so it will give me a better idea for future grows when to harvest.

I didn't take a top bud, it was about half way down one of the main branches.

After clipping a few of the fan leaves and leaving some sugar leaves, wet weight of 1.4g.

Tester:

IMG_20190225_114113.jpg

IMG_20190225_114414.jpg
IMG_20190225_114008.jpg
IMG_20190225_113958.jpg
IMG_20190225_113937.jpg

I put it in a paper bag and I will try it out in a few days.

IMG_20190225_113442.jpg
IMG_20190225_113234.jpg
IMG_20190225_113227.jpg
IMG_20190225_113217.jpg
IMG_20190225_113518.jpg

I'm a big fan of sampling, but I recommend you start taking samples once the plant is in, or at least close to, the "harvest window". That girl still has about 3 weeks to go! Patience, Grasshopper! :Namaste:

Well I dried and just smoked that test nug.

I'm a heavy smoker and decided to wait till this morning to smoke it so I could get a good indicator of the high.

Now I don't know if it's that we have smoked a couple oz of the same stuff recently and this was just different or that it's psychological cause its the first time smoking my own stuff, but damn I'm high. It's definitely a good head buz, got my heart rate up a little and I feel more stoned than I have in a long while.

Taste was ok, I did jar it for 2 days just to try and take a bit of the fresh grass smell out, and the flavour was weak but not offensive. Had a little bit of a slight harshness at the end like a good hit. I imagine that will smoothen with a good cure.

Needless to say if this is going to be better in then next couple of weeks I'm excited and can't wait to harvest.

Maybe in another week or two I might take a sample from B, I have a feeling she's going to be a while still.

Update Day 59

Girls are still chugging along. Water uptake seems to be slowing down. I have started adding blackstrap mollasis to my watering and the girls seem to love it.

I also started making some calmagpho solution for the next grow following @Emilya instructions with eggshell. About another 16 days or so and that will be ready.

I'm starting to see a bit of amber on A's buds so I'm hoping to harvest her in about a week or so. I would say B has a bit more to go. She is no where near as frosty as A, but when I try and see in a little deeper in the buds there is a fair bit of frost, just not as explosive as A. Here's hoping she develops more over the next few weeks.

I think I have enough supplies to hobble together a makeshift veg box so I can get started on the next round while these finish up. I plan to have it up by the end of the weekend.

And now a photo dump:

With in the last week I have seen explosive yellowing of leaves, including sugar leaves on B. Some on A but not nearly as bad. I did increase nutes to try and compensate but it didn't seem to slow it down. I'm going to chalk it up to being close to the end, they are in week 10 of flower now, 64 days. I was planning on harvesting A this weekend but I may end up doing both depending on how much further B starts to deteriorate.

Trying a little experiment, I made a small cloning bucket with an airstone, small air pump and a sponge lol. I took a small branch from down below, stripped the bud at the end and am going to try and reveg it. Doubt it will work, but it's fun to try!

I'll post some pics of the yellowing a little later.

Edit: I just cut up a bit of that bud I took from the "clone", and there was a single seed in it, either I had some pollen from the male I kept and it got on me and then in or she self polinated. Either way I'm ok with it, gives me some more seeds to play with(as long as there aren't too many lol)

Update Day 69 of flower:

Well this morning was rather eventful, I decided it was time to harvest. I was seeing some ambers on the buds on A and B was dying off so I made the decision to go for it.

I took both out for the first time in a long while and it was funny to see them without any supports holding them up.

All in all it looks like a decent harvest, I have noticed seeds in both both plants but very few, we will see what happens when I star cutting up a few.

They have been hung in the grow box to dry before curing, I did add a wet towel in there to try and raise the humidity and slow the drying.

I froze my trim for some edible making at a later date.

I just want to say thanks to all who followed along and provided feedback for my first grow. I'm going to mark it off as a success!

Thanks @Asesino85 for making the #quadline an easy and rewarding training method that even a newb like me could follow

Update Day 69 of flower:

Well this morning was rather eventful, I decided it was time to harvest. I was seeing some ambers on the buds on A and B was dying off so I made the decision to go for it.

I took both out for the first time in a long while and it was funny to see them without any supports holding them up.

All in all it looks like a decent harvest, I have noticed seeds in both both plants but very few, we will see what happens when I star cutting up a few.

They have been hung in the grow box to dry before curing, I did add a wet towel in there to try and raise the humidity and slow the drying.

I froze my trim for some edible making at a later date.

I just want to say thanks to all who followed along and provided feedback for my first grow. I'm going to mark it off as a success!

Thanks @Asesino85 for making the #quadline an easy and rewarding training method that even a newb like me could follow
Congrats on the harvest! I think it's time to remove that Padawan from your signature. You are no long in training as this looks really successful. Appreciate the shout out and looking forwards to seeing more quadlined plants in the future! Great job Stir!

So weights are in ... A - 57g and B- 75.2g. Not to bad, and hit my 1/4 lb goal :ganjamon:

I don't like the buds on B, way to airy, so most of it I think I will attempt to turn in to edibles. I will start a journal for my edible adventures.

A's buds are nice and tight and are just how I like em.

There are quite a few seeds throughout, but not as bad as it could have been. I think I'm going to avoid pollen for the next few grows.

Started a new job so will shortly be able to afford some good genetics and I think that's probably the best investment for me right now.

:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom