First Grow DIY Box & Bagseed

I'm a little concerned that B1 is a male. What do you guys think?

IMG_20190114_174820.jpg
IMG_20190114_174838.jpg
IMG_20190114_174857.jpg

b2 is definitely female and buds are forming nicely and she's my biggest by far.

A1 has seen a bit of growth but not nearly as much as the B's.

Group shot:
IMG_20190114_174947.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190114_174820.jpg
    IMG_20190114_174820.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 99
I've yet to play this game...but thinking of it for my next grow(only mine will be a reversal)...if you have the space...isolate him, let him mature, and collect pollen for a little breeding in the future... might give a lil' satisfaction!?... or cull the dude now...shit happens...all part and parcel...better luck with the other unknown...:thumb:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

I've yet to play this game...but thinking of it for my next grow(only mine will be a reversal)...if you have the space...isolate him, let him mature, and collect pollen for a little breeding in the future... might give a lil' satisfaction!?... or cull the dude now...shit happens...all part and parcel...better luck with the other unknown...:thumb:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

So decided to play lol. I've segregated the male in my smoking porch under a 60w full spectrum bulb.

I'll wait till some sacs open and I will attempt to impregnate a few lower buds and see how it goes.

And good news A1 has finally popped so me hairs and we have 2 females confirmed :yummy:. So I will attempt to get seeds from both plants. By how much farther along the B's grew I am still leaning towards them being autos, but if I breed successfully I can test that theory on a future grow as the male is from the same batch.

All new growth on A1 is looking great and everyone was right it seems to be doing great.

10 days from flip and B2 is impressive. The buds are growing like crazy and hopefully it won't stretch up to much taller as she's out of space (I already doubled over the light wires to shorten).

A1 finally has started some buds and the pistils have been rapidly appearing.

B2

IMG_20190119_185805.jpg

IMG_20190119_185827.jpg

IMG_20190119_192315.jpg

A1
IMG_20190119_190943.jpg

IMG_20190119_191228.jpg

IMG_20190119_192339.jpg

Both

IMG_20190119_192300.jpg

I really love the structure on B2, spacing etc. I've never defoilated her at all. I can't wait to see her bulk up.

They look great, Brother! :welldone:

OK....So, if you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting some more light on those girls. It looks like your running a CFL fixture, which is fine for veg, but you're gonna get real loose buds trying to use them for flowering and they don't have the power to penetrate far into the canopy.

It looks like your flower area is approximately 8 square feet. You want a minimum of a 250w and 400w would be much better. If using LED's, you'll want the equivalent in ACTUAL power draw (not what the MFG advertises the fixture as! ;) )

They look great, Brother! :welldone:

OK....So, if you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting some more light on those girls. It looks like your running a CFL fixture, which is fine for veg, but you're gonna get real loose buds trying to use them for flowering and they don't have the power to penetrate far into the canopy.

It looks like your flower area is approximately 8 square feet. You want a minimum of a 250w and 400w would be much better. If using LED's, you'll want the equivalent in ACTUAL power draw (not what the MFG advertises the fixture as! ;) )

Thanks Krip!

I am running Led as well, I just turned it off for the pics. It's a 1000w pulling about 200w plus the cfls.

Very nice! Sorry about your male, but it sounds like you’re making lemonade with that lemon. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

So far so good he looks ready to drop pollen at any time, as long as this cold snap doesn't kill him

Cheers to stacking up nicely! Looking great man! That's some serious pistil development for only 10 days in! Home stretch is upon you!

They are stacking up beautifully. That's why I'm leaning towards the b's being autos as they are 10 days younger than the A's and way ahead as far as maturity. Pretty sure she was devoloping buds before I flipped them.

My sequestered male, no pollen yet, hopefully soon.

IMG_20190123_142227.jpg
IMG_20190123_142253.jpg
IMG_20190123_142310.jpg
I was just reading today, that it’s not as good to take the first pollens that pop, and it’s better (stronger genetically) to take the pollen from a second or third blooming. I’m sure someone can chime in and let us know if it makes any difference or not. I have no experience with males, it was just what I read (gwe).

Back
Top Bottom