ZZcommandoZz's First Soil Grow Journal, 2019

zZcommandoZz

so i'm not sure one the strain or genetics of this plant one of my buddy's gave it to to me as a birthday gift its been 14 days since i had it. now is its leaves drooping like that do to over watering? I water every 4-5 days i grow under a 20w blurple (red/blue) i don't have a temp for in my grow box but my room stays around 75F and if im growing in a box should i add a small fan.
I have a whole up top in between the lights to let heat out should that be good? oh and i just watered today
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG

Welcome to 420:welcome:

First thing you need to do is move it into a container with drain holes in the bottom-it looks the way it does because it's drowning.
Transplanting into a solo cup or something with drain holes is something to do sooner rather than later...
If it survives,then adding a small fan to your growspace is a good idea.
And also let the soil dry out between waterings, keeping the roots sopping wet all the time is not good for them at all...

Welcome to 420:welcome:

First thing you need to do is move it into a container with drain holes in the bottom-it looks the way it does because it's drowning.
Transplanting into a solo cup or something with drain holes is something to do sooner rather than later...
If it survives,then adding a small fan to your growspace is a good idea.
And also let the soil dry out between waterings, keeping the roots sopping wet all the time is not good for them at all...
Thanks and ill get her moved over to a solo ASAP :)

Thanks and ill get her moved over to a solo ASAP :)
Welcome to :420:
It's a good thing Carcass stopped by, go for it and save your B day present.
If you can't do a solo cup very soon, you could use any pre-fabbed poting container with holes on the bottom. What kind of soil are you planning to use if it grows up?

Wick. :morenutes:

Welcome to :420:
It's a good thing Carcass stopped by, go for it and save your B day present.
If you can't do a solo cup very soon, you could use any pre-fabbed poting container with holes on the bottom. What kind of soil are you planning to use if it grows up?

Wick. :morenutes:
i am not to sure what would be the go to to use?

That's a good question...If you're on a low budget,Black Magic or Miracle Grow Organic(no nutrients added) would both work fine,and you can get them at home depot (if there's one near you)
I would recommend potting soil without built in nutrients,then you control what you feed it
from start to finish- sometimes the built-in nutes are a little hot for young cannabis plants,and you don't want to burn her leaves if it can be avoided-you won't really need to add any nutrients until the cotyledons (the first set of little rounded leaves) turn yellow and start to shrivel up.
So you'll also need to research what you'd like to feed her when she does need it-there's a "dazzling array" of different types and brands of nutrients available for our favorite weed.
I personally use Mega Crop-cheap and easy-1 thing,start to finish,all you really need is a gram scale to weigh out the dosage- 4gm for veg,5gm for early to mid flowering,and 6gm+ for full flowering (per gallon,every watering).
You probably already know this,but if she does well,you'll need to get a more powerful light
to grow her under-big buds require pretty good lights for them to grow well
So there's a few things for you to think on for awhile,any more questions,feel free to ask-
we're here to help...

That hole at the top of your box, you should throw a small fan upside down in the hole, set the tent on wood pallet looking thing, the fan draws fresh air from the bottom extracting out of the top. Always giving it a fresh air flow. It’s not as important now as a seedling but when it gets bigger you will want sufficient air flow in the box.

Welcome to the site by the way!! You got an exciting birthday present lol!

I’m in for the ride, willing to help where I can.

Take a look at my journal if your interested, located at the bottom of my post called blue angel 2019 to get a view of my diy tent build. I don’t know if I showcased it or not but if interested I’m sure I can find a picture showing what I did with the fan at the top of my tent.

Welcome.

That hole at the top of your box, you should throw a small fan upside down in the hole, set the tent on wood pallet looking thing, the fan draws fresh air from the bottom extracting out of the top. Always giving it a fresh air flow. It’s not as important now as a seedling but when it gets bigger you will want sufficient air flow in the box.

Welcome to the site by the way!! You got an exciting birthday present lol!

I’m in for the ride, willing to help where I can.

Take a look at my journal if your interested, located at the bottom of my post called blue angel 2019 to get a view of my diy tent build. I don’t know if I showcased it or not but if interested I’m sure I can find a picture showing what I did with the fan at the top of my tent.
thanks and yeah ill give it a read

Morning ZZ,
I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what strain your B-day present turns out to be.
You did right by coming hear and becoming a member of our great "free University". Glad to have you aboard. Anyway, Carcass has a lot more experience than I do and he's got your back. I'm just going to hang out and go along for the ride.
I tried an experiment with soil using ,three Lambs Breath auto seeds.
You can find out what is happening with the link in my box. Good luck and let's see your B-DAY gift grow.
Cheers!

Wick :morenutes:

Morning ZZ,
I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what strain your B-day present turns out to be.
You did right by coming hear and becoming a member of our great "free University". Glad to have you aboard. Anyway, Carcass has a lot more experience than I do and he's got your back. I'm just going to hang out and go along for the ride.
I tried an experiment with soil using ,three Lambs Breath auto seeds.
You can find out what is happening with the link in my box. Good luck and let's see your B-DAY gift grow.
Cheers!

Wick :morenutes:
cheers man and thanks for all the great help :)

lil update she was moved over to sum with wholes in the bottom and she had a lot of leaves coming out in just a day
Hang in there ZZ, you got this!

:welcome: to :420: zZ:passitleft:...Don't worry zZ :hmmmm: I killed 5 out of 9 plants my first grow...not saying your plants gona die :rofl: but if you love it too much it will...remember less is better when they're babies :goodluck:

What's up ZZ, did you transplant yet? If so, into what?

Back
Top Bottom