First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

Man I love it...And the best flower is like the best woman. You do your darndest to keep her around once you find her...

You know, we've worked ourselves into quite a little situation here. We've got a rising youth culture, governments out of control, an environment that's all ripped up, and we've got no place to go. So, who you gonna call? My solution in a situation like that is to roll another one...

Ended up trimming before jarring this morning. The smell was wonderful hiding under all the leaves. Gives me hope...

They were super sticky but not wet per se. Hoping they even out well in the jar. Thinking I got close to an oz-1/2.

:yummy:

20201008_114834.jpg

Don’t worry if it spikes for the first hour or so. You said how they feel about right so we don’t expect 80% in the jar.
Sealing the jar means moisture is drawn from deeper in each bud and you can kind of see it working.
Give it an hour or two. If it’s below seventy you can burp it down from there.

Don’t worry if it spikes for the first hour or so. You said how they feel about right so we don’t expect 80% in the jar.
Sealing the jar means moisture is drawn from deeper in each bud and you can kind of see it working.
Give it an hour or two. If it’s below seventy you can burp it down from there.

Appreciate it @DonkeyDick. Seemed a bit moist this morning. Let it dry outside of the jar for about 30 minutes. That's when I realized the hygro fit. Felt relieving in a way. :thumb:

68% right now.

:thanks: Getting better! Got up to 72% with the jar sealed, so I removed the bud for about an hour. Hovering around 65% with a slight gap in lid.

About to sample after dinner. From my sampling popcorn buds so far it is very potent. The taste isn't pronounced yet but it's not bad in any way. Smokes good in a joint but it's not completely dry yet, gets stuck in the grinder. Going to give it a week or two before I can give a review on it. :blunt:

Well...something definitely changed. It's getting really gassy/sour on the exhale the further it continues to dry. Let the sample sit outdoors for a couple hours before rolling it up. Not much fruit flavor if any from this one. Straight gas/og funk.
Much more exciting now that the buds are finally coming out of their shell...Could never have done it without everyone's help! :high-five:

Humidity has been hovering around 65% in the jar with the lid cracked, thinking I should leave it cracked overnight? Will be burping periodically and taking the buds out to dry more if need be until the stems match the flower. Hope that's right way...

Hmm I'm not sure! Might need @DonkeyDick 's advice here.

Hmm I'm not sure! Might need @DonkeyDick 's advice here.

Ended up leaving it cracked. Humidity was still at 65% come morning... Removed the buds into a chinese food style box (open) for about 3 hours. Felt crispier and the hygro read 56% so I put back in the jar to seal. Hovering around 65% at the moment.

If they are staying to moist leave them in the air you will get the feel of it after a while it really is a simple concept hang till a certain moisture content then cut from stems into jars or paper bag what have you even just on a plate then jar and burp till no more sweating of stem to flower.

Thanks man. They were more brittle this morning...Not quite matched up but very close..the jar has remained steady at 65% for about 6 hours now and I am much more confident leaving the buds in that environment versus 72% and rising.

Been reading Simon cure on ICmag and that thread goes super deep into hamg dry curing. Glad I found it honestly...

I left the bud out to air dry until it felt brittle, but not crispy dry. It's been MUCH more stable...

Now the real challenge of self discipline to not smoke it fast....because it's already very pleasant....:meditate:

Smokes good in a joint but it's not completely dry yet, gets stuck in the grinder.
That’s definitely part of the craft and getting a feel for it. When you don’t have to clean your grinder anymore (that tool that gets the sim tray out of your phone is very handy) you know the dry/cure process is morphing from one to the other.
Keep the lids sealed when you’re not burping them. RH below 70 is perfect you’ll be fine. It’s having the jar sealed and only ¾ full that draws the moisture from the centres to even things out as they cure.
Initially taking the kids off to burp - a few minutes for gas exchange - you’re going to get more grassy type smells as the chlorophyll breaks down into ammonia and co2 (I think?) so the sharper smells come off first.
If you’re not burping the jars the ammonia gets reabsorbed.

If they are staying to moist leave them in the air you will get the feel of it after a while it really is a simple concept hang till a certain moisture content then cut from stems into jars or paper bag what have you even just on a plate then jar and burp till no more sweating of stem to flower.

Hi Beans :ciao: While I was typing, too. Congrats on the nugofthemonth that was outstanding.
The paper bag thing is cool. That works. In the fridge, too.
But keeping it in the jar there as a technique to draw moisture out using rice balls. The link is in @InTheShed ’s signature. Keep a look out for that while you’re reading here and there.

Back
Top Bottom