First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

Go for it
:popcorn:

Haha it sounds like it would work by that response? :goof:

Just found a great seed this morning in my rolling tray. Honestly have no idea where it came from as it's been clean and I've only been sampling my own stuff lately...Mystery seed

I remember reading a thread somewhere on a solo cup flower challenge. Thought that was a pretty cool experiement...one of the dudes was accused of flowering a clone in a solo because it got crazy yields. Can't seem to decide which might be more feasible in my situation.. Save the good seeds for bigger plants?...I'm stuck in a conundrum at the moment... :)

I can't flower a big plant in my windowsill either due to smell...my windows are all south facing though which is perfect...I believe?

Thanks Syenite! Those all sound valid and things I should consider...

Forgot...I found this squashed bud on the floor the other day...must have dropped it while trimming...Looks like it was stepped on a time or two...Lol smoked it anyway, did the trick..:laugh:

Also got a great tip.."Put some to smoke in a different jar if you have to!"

20201010_143808.jpg

:) Haven't opened the jar for about 4 days now. The anticipation is killing me! Humidity at 65%. Time for a burp soon? How long is a good burp once it's dry?

At this point I can't stop thinking about popping seeds even though it's nearly winter. What did I get myself into? Haha might just wing it with a seed or two in my bathroom very soon to satisfy my grow cravings. My soul has officially been transferred to the plant spirits...

Also noticed a post of mine was deleted on a thread for being a "troll." I've never ever had any intentions to be a troll on here, so it's a bit confusing. It was a real story, not anything made up. Oh well, the actual troll got deleted. So that makes me happy. Lol

That's one of the reasons I joined this forum over others. The community is amazing and it's not ego vs ego like I've seen elsewhere...

Hope everyone's week has been going well! :meditate:

:) Haven't opened the jar for about 4 days now. The anticipation is killing me! Humidity at 65%. Time for a burp soon? How long is a good burp once it's dry?

Here are the instructions for the curing part that I'm quoting from the Low&Slow thread:

- Once buds are below 65% RH in jar after at least 2 hours: leave it in jar in a cool place (around 70-75 degrees) for next 30 days. Trim off any sugar leaves and excess stem, and manicure to your taste. Save sugar leaves in a separate jar if desired. You can cure these leaves separately and save to make cannabutter or hash.
- Burp jars 2-3 times per day first few days, then once every 3-4 days - just leave lid off for about 10 minutes. Gently shake / tumble jar. Should be no more than 2/3 full. Ideal RH in jars is 62%. You may want to place a Bovida pack inside jar to keep right at 62%. Some people like 65% RH Bovida packs. 65% will smoke just fine but is a little moist. Below 60 is little dry; mix contents of jar with a more humid batch.

At this point I can't stop thinking about popping seeds even though it's nearly winter. What did I get myself into? Haha might just wing it with a seed or two in my bathroom very soon to satisfy my grow cravings. My soul has officially been transferred to the plant spirits...

Hahaha "grow creep" is what people call this. It's been the same for me. I started with some bag seed and.. now look where it's gotten me! :laugh:

Also noticed a post of mine was deleted on a thread for being a "troll." I've never ever had any intentions to be a troll on here, so it's a bit confusing. It was a real story, not anything made up. Oh well, the actual troll got deleted. So that makes me happy. Lol

Weird!! Maybe they decided to nuke that whole interaction.

That's one of the reasons I joined this forum over others. The community is amazing and it's not ego vs ego like I've seen elsewhere...

Agreed. When I've been googling stuff I find threads in other forums/communities, and so often there are tons of terrible toxic bros being dicks to each other!

Haven't opened the jar for about 4 days now. The anticipation is killing me! Humidity at 65%. Time for a burp soon? How long is a good burp once it's dry?

Hiya. I know you had one guy tell you not to open the jars.
Hopefully Syenite’s link has got the info you need.
I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving jars sealed until the cure is almost complete. Especially not if they aren’t even dry - I hope that’s a typo?
The point of ‘burping’ is to replace the atmosphere in the jar as the chlorophyll becomes ammonia and you don’t want that reabsorbed.
I’m trying to help you to be more deliberate about your reasoning with things there.
Let us know how you get on?

:love: :green_heart::420:
Hell yeah!

For the first week or two in the jar I’m opening jars twice a day.
I’ll take lids off for as long as it takes to roll a few joints. 5min.
The jars aren’t full, so gently tumbling it to make sure there is no clumping, and to present fresh material to the fresh air.
The chemical processes that happen in the first week or two slow down. Then I’ll burp daily for at least another week. Weekly when it feels stable, and a boveda after that for storage. (I don’t really get that far with mine because I’m running to stand still, but that’s where I’m heading).
If I’m in a hurry I’ll take a lid off and just move the jar around in the room to replace the air inside it.

Here is the link

:thumb:

and here is the text

- Once buds are below 65% RH in jar after at least 2 hours: leave it in jar in a cool place (around 70-75 degrees) for next 30 days. Trim off any sugar leaves and excess stem, and manicure to your taste. Save sugar leaves in a separate jar if desired. You can cure these leaves separately and save to make cannabutter or hash.
- Burp jars 2-3 times per day first few days, then once every 3-4 days - just leave lid off for about 10 minutes. Gently shake / tumble jar. Should be no more than 2/3 full. Ideal RH in jars is 62%. You may want to place a Bovida pack inside jar to keep right at 62%. Some people like 65% RH Bovida packs. 65% will smoke just fine but is a little moist. Below 60 is little dry; mix contents of jar with a more humid batch.

The trim is really useful and under rated IMO.
I’ll bet your own grown trim is a better smoke than much of the flower you’ve paid for over the years.
Like Sy’s citation says it’s good for extracts (makes good rosin). I use mine to make flowers go further as jars run out.

Back
Top Bottom