First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

Thanks King! Will do! Should I let the large fan leaves on top of the screen die off on their own?

Yes but u would tuck some that are blocking bud sites . But i wouldn't.Remove top growth for now .

Look better?
420-magazine-mobile1321235169.jpg

Yup now let her produce for last few weeks

Day 56 of flower
Shortie
420-magazine-mobile1556775470.jpg
420-magazine-mobile893586481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1202002374.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1643952157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile683572994.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1257843814.jpg

Big Mama
420-magazine-mobile1867177328.jpg
420-magazine-mobile425285744.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1509342315.jpg
420-magazine-mobile162754955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1097720354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile177246965.jpg

Looks like we still have at least a week for shortie and maybe less for Big Mama. Lots of cloudy trichs still.

They really aren't bulking up as much as I would have like, but still look and smell amazing! Hopefully this last week they will pack on more weight. ☺

I'm gathering supplies for the big chop, dry, cure.
Trimming scissors, gloves, hemp string, clothes pins, lemons, baking soda, 5 gallon buckets and more to come I'm sure... I'm so ready for harvest!!

Girls are looking great! Have you been using any bud fattening nutes? I am going to try Buddahs tree PK 9-18 towards the end of my new grow. Might give back building a whirl aswell

Girls are looking great! Have you been using any bud fattening nutes? I am going to try Buddahs tree PK 9-18 towards the end of my new grow. Might give back building a whirl aswell
Thanks Muzzy!! Nope. Just plain RO water the last 2 weeks except for a couple feeding with molasses. Before the flush i was using Fox Farm tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.

I do want to try back building next time! I've been following a couple journals and want to see how it turns out for them

Thanks Muzzy!! Nope. Just plain RO water the last 2 weeks except for a couple feeding with molasses. Before the flush i was using Fox Farm tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.

I do want to try back building next time! I've been following a couple journals and want to see how it turns out for them .

Your Ladies look fantastic! Great job on all of it! I'm getting geared up to do the same thing as you and have started buying some supplies! 5 gal pails and a bottle of H202 each run to the WallyWorld...Lol! So exciting!!

So... am I reading this right... you are in your last week of flush?

The majority of your trichs are still cloudy? Some Amber?

I know I told you before I was just a few weeks behind you... and like you said your girls did, my ww pushed out a bunch more white pistols the other day when I hadn't seen much action and I was actually debating on if I should start my flush...

I'm still debating!! Lol! If she just gave me more pistols... do you think I should give her another good shot if nutes and re-evaluate next week? I haven't seen any amber trichs...

I do want to try back building next time! I've been following a couple journals and want to see how it turns out for them .

Im sure i asked you this before. You know us smokers

Looks like Shortie is still throwing out a few white pistils. I always find it kind of hard to guess the percentage of white to red. But the trichomes never lie i guess.

Your Ladies look fantastic! Great job on all of it! I'm getting geared up to do the same thing as you and have started buying some supplies! 5 gal pails and a bottle of H202 each run to the WallyWorld...Lol! So exciting!!

I know I told you before I was just a few weeks behind you... and like you said your girls did, my ww pushed out a bunch more white pistols the other day when I hadn't seen much action and I was actually debating on if I should start my flush...

I'm still debating!! Lol! If she just gave me more pistols... do you think I should give her another good shot if nutes and re-evaluate next week? I haven't seen any amber trichs...

Personally i would keep going with the nutes until you see at least a few amber, like 5%. I think i may have started my flush a week or possibly 2 weeks too early. Although it might have slightly damaged my yield i think it certainly helped to give me a really smooth and tasty smoke

Yep, I'd keep giving nutes until you see at least a few amber! I probably staryed a bit too early on Shortie. I need to stop by and catch up with your grow!

Personally i would keep going with the nutes until you see at least a few amber, like 5%. I think i may have started my flush a week or possibly 2 weeks too early. Although it might have slightly damaged my yield i think it certainly helped to give me a really smooth and tasty smoke .
I think I should've waited a little longer to start Shortie's flush.. Just another learning experience for the books

I think I should've waited a little longer to start Shortie's flush.. Just another learning experience for the books .

Yep. Learning is the best part about growing for me. Maybe in a decade or 2 I will be producing cannabis cup winning bud. Buuuuut probably not.

Will buds continue to swell at all during flush? You could always just flush for another week or 2 if so.... again, i'm no expert

Yep. Learning is the best part about growing for me. Maybe in a decade or 2 I will be producing cannabis cup winning bud. Buuuuut probably not.

Will buds continue to swell at all during flush? You could always just flush for another week or 2 if so.... again, i'm no expert
It's like the blind leading the blind lol.

That being said ...

From what I've read, flushing doesn't affect bud swelling. They just naturally swell in the last couple weeks. The problem is when you have a bunch of built up salt in your medium and nute burn which will keep the buds from reaching max potential and give you a really harsh smoke. Plus the Buds suck up thc and other awesome goodies from the leaves when there are no nutes left in the soil.. so more potent

Also my form of flushing is plain RO water for 2 weeks.. occasionally adding molasses which feeds the soil and helps nutrient uptake.. If I'm still seeing colored run-off before harvest, I'll flush til clear.

It's like the blind leading the blind lol.

That being said...

From what I've read, flushing doesn't affect bud swelling. They just naturally swell in the last couple weeks. The problem is when you have a bunch of built up salt in your medium and nute burn which will keep the buds from reaching max potential and give you a really harsh smoke. Plus the Buds suck up thc and other awesome goodies from the leaves when there are no nutes left in the soil.. so more potent .

Also my form of flushing is plain RO water for 2 weeks.. occasionally adding molasses which feeds the soil and helps nutrient uptake.. If I'm still seeing colored run-off before harvest, I'll flush til clear.

it sure is. But we learn together. That is the beauty of this community!

Flushing certainly seems like the shit! Can't believe some seasoned growers don't do it. At least a couple of comments on various forums suggest not everyone thinks it is a vital process.

I am at work now (on a sunday i know) but i will put some pictures up later. I was a bit reluctant to put pics up as my girls are REALLY short and bushy but im sure someone will give me guidance

Big Mama really looks like she's finished, but I still see mostly cloudy trichs, maybe 5-10% amber on the big colas.. with like 10-20% amber on the smaller buds.. hardly any new pistils this week. It's like they've stopped growing. What do yall think.. few more days? A week? Now?(lol) I'm scared she's preggo, and I'm still seeing a few nanners here and there.
420-magazine-mobile1859242899.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1130241376.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1397784819.jpg
420-magazine-mobile718460855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1017984540.jpg
420-magazine-mobile157507037.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2039674893.jpg

Back
Top Bottom