First Outdoor Grow For High Elevation About 4,500

lol thanks RSOiler! =)

When leaves "taco" or "canoe" upwards its almost always heat stress. I can tell also the blades of your leaves are pointing up. They may still be adjusting to the powerful sunlight. If its really hot where you are I might would put them in shade through the hottest part (2 hours) of the day and let them adjust as high temps will cause this. Some are more sensitive to light.

The last photo you posted you circled something? Im not sure what you circled. Make sure that you are not spraying your plants during the hottest part of the day as it can burn them. I see a little bit of "clawing" which can indicate your soil is "hot" with nutrients. It looks like they will be ok once they grow more as I dont see any nute burn anywhere just the clawing.

They are looking good though. As long as the heat stress doesnt get to bad where its killing her you will be fine. Make sure your soil is drying out good before you water it.

Subbed! Cant wait to see how these grow with sunlight!

Thank-you I have been covering the two that look look like this and the one that is doing good out. I foliate in the mornings or if it is cloudy. Up where I am relocating to I have a screen thing that I soak down to help create humidity and shade. It worked for the most part. Thank you for the help I have never messed around with autos before or grown in natural light. :Namaste:

Awww Why not sub into another thread? I'm here if you'll have me LadyV. :love:

I will get back into the swing of communicating in the virtual world of the great back yards. I have already have tried to catch people in my yard. :rofl: I have been out of the community for a year. I am glad to be home. I have missed it. :circle-of-love:

HI Lady V!
Sorry I didn't pop over here sooner. I'm a second shifter, your message came in while I was working. :)

I totally agree with HunterNitro. It looks like a classic case of heat stress. When the leaves curl onto themselves like that, they are trying to protect themselves from the heat. They do look dry on the edges too.

Personally, I would just use plain PH'd water to mist them. And putting them in the shade for a bit is a good idea too. :)

I cooked some small seedlings a couple weeks ago by putting them out in the bright sun and heat without slowly letting them adjust. They never recovered. I boo boo'd and had them sitting on top of a METAL outdoor wood burner trying to keep them out of reach of critters. Cooked them from bottom to top. DOH!

You'll be fine following that excellent advice. :)

I cooked two of my Widow Bombs and the one I have has no roots to mention. My sister is taking care of it right now. I am going to Indiana/ Ohio in august so I told her this is the test plant for the next 30 days. I am nervous about leaving them with someone for a whole month. I am getting some clones to replace the ones I lost. But they will go into the tent in September. Thank you for popping over after my sly invite. LOL

This is what I have been doing
June_30_2015_photo_2.JPG
June_30_2015_Photo1.JPG

The temp out side is getting up to 105F-108F during the day. I have been shading the plants but the leaves still look dehydrated. I feel like I have never grown before. I think growing outside is difficult. I am not in a position to set my tent up. :( I feel like I am killing them.

It gets rough. Is there any break in the forecast? I feel for you. I understand the sense of responsibility they bring on. They trust us to keep them healthy and happy. Your investment feels jeopardized.

All you can do is your best right here and now. :love:

It is a lot of money for seeds and I have lost 2 plants to heat stroke. I 'm really frustrated with the weather. I was debating about setting up a T 8 and bringing them in the house. It is to be just as hot today. :(. I have been trying to get set up for the yard sale next weekend-- My dad gave me so much crap to get rid of. And most of it is rubbish. I am thinking about a free sale before the yard sale. Sorry, for blowing steam. I am just frustrated with the move. I look at everything I own or most of it and have declared that it can be replace. I'm not depressed just over whelmed with the task at hand that feels more like a quest. O.k that was my vent for the day. :)

Happy growing to all and have a good day :circle-of-love:

The plants are looking good!! That critical jack herer is looking great. Personally I have never done an outdoor grow. Since its later in the season (here anyway) I would image smaller plants would suffer due to heat. But dont let that get you down as you will get a lot more out of em if you can get them to make it! You look to be doing a wonderful job and i like the way you have them shaded. Good luck!!

Also on a side note. Keep an eye on those black pots as well. They could be getting super hot in the sun and baking your roots? I know i had some flowers in a black plastic pot and it burnt them up!!! They draw heat super fast. Just a thought!!

It is a lot of money for seeds and I have lost 2 plants to heat stroke. I 'm really frustrated with the weather. I was debating about setting up a T 8 and bringing them in the house. It is to be just as hot today. :(. I have been trying to get set up for the yard sale next weekend-- My dad gave me so much crap to get rid of. And most of it is rubbish. I am thinking about a free sale before the yard sale. Sorry, for blowing steam. I am just frustrated with the move. I look at everything I own or most of it and have declared that it can be replace. I'm not depressed just over whelmed with the task at hand that feels more like a quest. O.k that was my vent for the day. :)

Happy growing to all and have a good day :circle-of-love:

Venting is good. It's one little step at a time, but don't stop moving. Suddenly it's all done and behind you. I'm dealing with being overwhelmed myself and a friend asked if I knew the best way to eat an elephant? One bite at a time until it's gone. Makes me laugh every time he alludes to that, but he's right and we both know it. I just keep taking those bites.

Should I wrap the pots? If I can lift the pots up I plan on bringing them in the house for a few hours today. I guess it is like growing in a tent if your hand gets hot at the top of your plants the light is to close. If I do not want to be out in the heat maybe they do not either. :hmmmm::blushsmile:

SweetSue,

:thanks: for the laugh. I just set up my free table in the front yard and I hope in the morning when I wake up it will be all gone so I can put out more :)

835AM and it is almost 90F outside. The sun is not to the plants yet so I have time to figure out what to do. Well back to work :)

well, I strapped a light around my kitchen table and brought them in from the heat. This will only work for a short time. I have a tall table but not that tall.
July_2_2015.JPG

Let's hope this outside inside plan of attack works.

I hope so.. They just don't look healthy. I keep wondering if I should flush and if part of this is a nutrient lockout. I do not want to try to many things at once because they you don't know what worked and what didn't. :hmmmm: So I will try this for a couple of days then start thinking about the flush. I am not using nutrient just the FoxFarm soil. The plants should be good to go with out extra help even tough they are autos. I was just wondering if autos suck up more nutrients because of how they are altered to bloom. I do not want to give them nutrient burns. The soil is only 2.5 weeks old.

I think the soil will be perfect for them. The Fox Farm is pH balanced and has a good nutrient blend. I love it. I would not flush your soil just water when dry. This will let the soil nutrients last longer. I put clones right into fox farm soil.

I think the soil will be perfect for them. The Fox Farm is pH balanced and has a good nutrient blend. I love it. I would not flush your soil just water when dry. This will let the soil nutrients last longer. I put clones right into fox farm soil.

O.k. I will let them be. The leaves just don't look healthy to me and the stocks should be bigger by now. *sigh*

O.k. I will let them be. The leaves just don't look healthy to me and the stocks should be bigger by now. *sigh*

Yea like bar said. I would do anything. Maybe transplant them into bigger pot. If they are In lock. It help dry them out faster.

Yea like bar said. I would do anything. Maybe transplant them into bigger pot. If they are In lock. It help dry them out faster.

I can't transplant. They are Autos. If they would have been regular girls I would have transplanted them already. :( I will fluff the soil around them and that should help dry them out.

Back
Top Bottom