First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Mullins 1 day root update.

20190925_130308.jpg

Also my ppm pen seems to have been lost in the mail, so now I have to order another one since these cannot be purchased locally.

She looks healthy so I'll keep up with the quarter strength nutes feed when I change the res on Saturday.

On with the show!

Happy growing!

We're 3 weeks in since they germenated and I believe I made a mistake with the height I kept the lights, these are leggy compared to other NL auto the same age.

Ashburn.

20190926_122428_HDR.jpg

20190926_122415_HDR.jpg

Mullins

20190926_122629.jpg

20190926_122607.jpg

Mullins 3rd day root update.

20190926_122808.jpg

She has 2 in the water now so I'm expecting more every day!

In hindsight I should have kept the lights down about 8" or 5" at the start. They would have had tighter node spacing and been a bit bushier now.

On with the show!

Happy growing!

Mullins res change day.

Old res out, ph 6.94
New res in, 5.11, I had it at 5.69 then messed it up, lesson learned, just leave it when it's close.
Still at quarter strength of micro and gro.

20190928_185201_HDR.jpg

Two good long roots are developing and a couple more on the way out.
20190928_185216_HDR.jpg

Mullins is getting wider.

20190928_192900_HDR.jpg

Tent conditions.

20190928_192942.jpg

Ashburn is still staying up with Mullins growth, fed quarter strength the same nutes.

20190928_192849.jpg

Ashburn and Mullins.

20190928_192834_HDR.jpg

On with the show.

Happy growing!

Ok this is wierd, just before lights out I went to feed Ashburn and there is a root growing out of the top of the coco, these are fabric pots so shouldn't it have followed the water down the pot?

20190929_234210.jpg
20190929_234203_HDR.jpg

I didn't pull on the little thing to check and I would have broken it anyway, so maybe try bury it again?

On with the show?

Ashburn and Mullins are fairly the same size and height.

Ashburn

20191001_124715_HDR.jpg

Mullins

Is a bit ahead in growth with her 5 bladed fan leaves.

20191001_124725.jpg

Ashburn and Mullins.

They are still on quarter strength nutes.

20191001_124633_HDR.jpg

On with the show!

Both looking great! have you done a rez change for Mullins yet? How has the ph been have had to make any adjustments at all? Any res top offs?
Thanks, yes I changed the res Saturday, ph in was 6.34 and after I think 9 days when I did the first change the ph out was 6.94, I didn't check ph daily because half of that time the roots were not in the water and the res level was a couple of inches above the netpot's bottom.
With the roots in the water now the res level is a couple of inches below the netpot.
I'll be checking the ph today, I'm going to have to order another ppm pen because mine seems to have been lost in the mail.
No top offs yet.

On with the show!

Mullins roots update, there's some staining and I'm wondering if that's normal with the GH trio? I keep the grow space temperature at 17 degrees but am unable to test the res temperature because my trio pen hasn't arrived and is probably lost in the mail.
The ph today is 5.47, it was 5.11 two days ago at res change, if I'm correct its telling me that the plant is eating properly (nutrients uptake) and all seems well, the fluctuation isn't that great for 48 hours and again if I'm correct I'd only have to worry if it goes way out of wack in a short period of time or if it's dropping, in which case the plant isn't eating and the roots may be stressed or too strong a nutrient mixture.
I wish I had my ppm pen because with a rising ph my ppm should be dropping and vise versa, that way I'd be sure what's going on in the res.

20191001_141509.jpg

Any advice, comments or concerns with my take on the situation is greatly appreciated.

On with the show.

*Edited*. It was a difference of 48 hours between readings, not 24.

Thanks for the links @N420
I've read a lot of Barney's stuff, I have a coco link in my signature, I think I'll browse his stuff again for dwc pointers.

Ya no problem Barney 86 does have some good pointers he has a tutorial on how to feed a rez in his signature as well. I have been reading a bit for the last month and bookmarking any post that looks like it could be helpful.

Here is Barney's res tutorial

Ya no problem Barney 86 does have some good pointers he has a tutorial on how to feed a rez in his signature as well. I have been reading a bit for the last month and bookmarking any post that looks like it could be helpful.

Here is Barney's res tutorial
Alright, thanks again! Read, read and read again.

On with the show!

That was one of the ones I researched last night, also a few others, and whether to go with beneficial bacteria or sterile res. Choices...

That was one of the ones I researched last night, also a few others, and whether to go with beneficial bacteria or sterile res. Choices...
Ya it gets a little confusing. I have senziym and have used it with my pro mix grows and thought it might be an option to use in Dwc. Hydroguard is pretty popular on here but not available in Canada. Advanced nutrients Voodoo juice has the same ingredients as hydroguard but is alot more expensive. Another one is Z9 by flying Skull which is the Canadian version of Z7 a popular enzyme that alot of members growing hydro use.

Back
Top Bottom