First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Just catching up over here. How goes it today?
Good morning Al, all is well, these 2 are enjoying the 24/0 t5 on top of my desk and the dp clones are yet to be seen until lights on at noon.
How's it going in your world?

Good morning Al, all is well, these 2 are enjoying the 24/0 t5 on top of my desk and the dp clones are yet to be seen until lights on at noon.
How's it going in your world?

It's good. Just doing the Sunday thing today. Going to check on the girls when I eat.

The girl in the peat pod popped 2 days after the one in rockwool and she's already out growing her!

20190908_222905.jpg

I initially was just going to let the one in rockwool go until she uses up her cotyledon but it appears that she needs a bit of nutrients to keep up with the one in the peat pod, those pods are usually precharged with nutrients sufficient for newly germinated seeds.
I'll use a dropper to feed some nutrients to the rockwool.

Happy growing!

Picked up a 6 gallon fabric pot for the NL that's going into coco, even though she popped 2 days later than the one in rockwool she's a ways ahead of her now.

The girl in the peat pod popped 2 days after the one in rockwool and she's already out growing her!

20190908_222905.jpg

I initially was just going to let the one in rockwool go until she uses up her cotyledon but it appears that she needs a bit of nutrients to keep up with the one in the peat pod, those pods are usually precharged with nutrients sufficient for newly germinated seeds.
I'll use a dropper to feed some nutrients to the rockwool.

Happy growing!

One of my friends just ran a few Hippie Cripplers through DWC using AN with great results ... I'm voting your DWC yields really well at harvest ...

... maybe you should go 10 gallon coco to give "Stretch" a fighting chance :)

One of my friends just ran a few Hippie Cripplers through DWC using AN with great results ... I'm voting your DWC yields really well at harvest ...

... maybe you should go 10 gallon coco to give "Stretch" a fighting chance :)
That's definitely a thought, but those I'd have to order online, also I hope I don't make such a mistake with my first dwc attempt that I kill the poor girl!

Happy growing!

Hello @Capt420 thanks for checking in! What's growing these days?
Hey there friend!! :)

I have Northern Lights, Pineapple Lemon, and Sour Diesel plants flowering outdoors and also indoors.

The indoor plants are in DWC but in small square containers to save height. They're flowering now though so I'm excited how it unfolds as it's my first time to have buds. Haven't come this far in my previous grows.

I'll be watching this grow to learn so keep the updates coming please! And good luck on the grow! :D

The NL in the peat pod has its feeder root out of the bottom and a few roots out of the side so I precharged 5 gallons of coco to 5.1 ph at 1/8th nutes strength and transplanted the pod into it, that little root is bent under the side of the pod so I didn't want to wait for it to get any longer without the coco.

I'm not a fan of the prep-work!

20190910_152003.jpg

Little feeder root along the bottom and some smaller ones out the side.

20190910_160859.jpg

Her new forever home in 5 gallons of coco!

20190910_161359.jpg

Happy growing!

Nice work on the transplant that's a very healthy happy seedling. Years ago my brother in law had a grow op and he used coco he would get the coco bricks and my job was to mix the coco let me tell you that job sucked. You had to use hot water to expand the brick and he would add worm castings perlite and dolomite lime to the mix and I would mix it by hand in a rubbermaid container the mix was hot and it was a ton of work.

Nice work on the transplant that's a very healthy happy seedling. Years ago my brother in law had a grow op and he used coco he would get the coco bricks and my job was to mix the coco let me tell you that job sucked. You had to use hot water to expand the brick and he would add worm castings perlite and dolomite lime to the mix and I would mix it by hand in a rubbermaid container the mix was hot and it was a ton of work.
Thanks, and damn that sounds like a ton of work! I use brick too and this 5 gallons was the most I ever mixed at once! And I got tired of it!! I said to myself, this weed had better be a great smoke!

Happy growing!

Thanks, and damn that sounds like a ton of work! I use brick too and this 5 gallons was the most I ever mixed at once! And I got tired of it!! I said to myself, this weed had better be a great smoke!

Happy growing!
Isn't all weed that you grow yourself a good smoke. lol :bongrip:

Isn't all weed that you grow yourself a good smoke. lol :bongrip:
Quite honestly, not yet, still working on getting my first harvest, I have 2 DP in coco that's in its transition week of flip, so still working on it! I'm hopeful that the plants I grow are of quality bud!

:morenutes:

Happy growing!

I saw a couple of tiny roots sticking out last night before feed so I decided to try a dunk feed, I dunked the lower half of the cube in the nutrients and set it up to drain, those roots came out this morning.

20190911_092912_HDR.jpg

She's looking good, sturdy.

20190911_092905_HDR.jpg

I think a couple of days ago I accidentally broke off the tip of her feeder root which caused her stunted growth vs her companion in the peat pod. It was sticking out a tiny bit and I didn't realize it was the feeder root and brushed it off thinking it was some debris, what an idiot! I'm glad she survived!

Happy growing!

This will be my first attempt with an autoflower and with dwc
I have one in DWC and it was my first plant first grow and I've noticed if my tent isn't open it'll get about 28°c and that makes water warm. My next run I'll be adding a temp control with a cooling system from a computer to keep the water at optimum. If you're not worried about to much heat then no worries. Good luck:yummy:

I have one in DWC and it was my first plant first grow and I've noticed if my tent isn't open it'll get about 28°c and that makes water warm. My next run I'll be adding a temp control with a cooling system from a computer to keep the water at optimum. If you're not worried about to much heat then no worries. Good luck:yummy:
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely keep an eye on that when I do a photo, since this will be an auto I'll be just keeping it outside of the grow space and my new tent!

Both of these girls are surviving, so I shall name them as such...

In coco is Ashburn, she's survived day one post transplant.

20190911_233331.jpg

In rockwool that's going into dwc is Mullins, she's survived her first day post dunk feeding and her roots look great!

20190911_233418.jpg

Happy growing Ashburn and Mullins!

Ashburn is still stretching, strong little stem, she hasn't leaned over yet!
Her first feed of gh flora micro and grow ph 5.34 at a very light dose of 1 ml per gallon.

20190912_234556.jpg

I've never used the GH trio before, I figured since this turned out to be a comparison grow that I'd use the same nutrients in the coco as well as the dwc.
I think I'll start adding the bloom about week 4 or 5 for this 10 week auto.

Mullins received another dunk feed today and put up to drain, she's finally stretched too.

20190912_235913.jpg

Happy growing!

Happy healthy seedlings! The Gh trio is supposed to work good for hydro lots of people use it with great success I never have but I think you will do great with it.
Do you have a fan moving air around in the room the seedlings are in? It will help to strengthen the stock.

Back
Top Bottom