langa78

hi guys first time on here and first time grower, ok just need a little help in knowing what im doing is somewhere right or completely wrong lol ,i have a 80x80x120cm tent one 300w cfl with reflector plus a further 2 30w cfls im hoping to grow 4 plants 2 bubblicious and 2 bubble cheese both all 4 in palgron royal mix i have a small fan for air circulation just wondered if this will work or if theres things im missing?too many plants for the space etc ? some help would be good many thanks

hi thanks for replying!hi i have ionic soil grow for vegetation and same make for bloom was cheap and the guy said it should do the job on the cheap and thats what im trying to do till i get my head round it all,well im thinking it maybe to small so may have to drop a plant as they grow depending on size,there just in your everyday plant pots 8x12inch,im a little concerned with temp already with only the 300 running its around 82f and humidity is at 45%?have to say these bubblicious have taken off really quick from germination to 1inch high 3days i think is fairly good?bubble cheese is a bit slower,have u ever grown or know anyone that has grown them how they got on?pictures will be put up in the next couple of days

i have the lights about 12 inches above the heat isnt bad under the light its the overall heat of the tent?perhaps some sort of intake with fresh air who knows i certainly dont!!

Move the lights as close as you can get them to the babies. The most effective way would be to put your hand right above the top of the plants, and if you can hold your hand there for a minute without burning, then its ok for the plants. closer the better :) goodluck!

ok i have moved them 2-3 inches away there real quick at taking i must say bubble cheese is slightly slower only just showing now,temperature has evened out now to 82f 42%humidity a friend of mine has a nice extractor so hopefully will be able to bring the temperature down and get those other cfl's on the go,oh and bonus my bro has dropped a cheese plant off not sure of age bit has some foilage on it so ive pinched the stem in a couple of places see if i can keep it nice and low till the others catch up :)

Photo0052.jpg
Photo01110.jpg
Photo0129.jpg
Photo0132.jpg
Photo0143.jpg

thanks lil stinker tent arrived this morning my thought of the temps being so high have deminished there now running 74.5 45% humidity got a couple of pics now tent is up im now getting the excitement of my very first grow i ended up germinating 5 seeds just in case some are male plus one of my bros so 6 in total just hope in a way there not all female else i will be looking for more space unless i can keep the crop small somehow...any ideas would be welcome

Hey there! Your grow is looking great! Your tent setup looks good, and if you go with nutes I've heard Fox Farms are the best, that's what I'm planning to use.

Question: Are you planning to repot the plants when they get bigger? How big are you wanting them to get. I think you'll be good for a while in the pots you have, but once you hit the 4-6 week mark they'll probably need replanting.

Your lighting and temps look good, and the setup looks pretty nice. Good luck and hopefully they'll be some lovely ladies for you. :grinjoint: :bravo: :goodluck:

well thanks em nice to know ive got something right to start with,ive got some ionic soil grow which im going to stick with this time round then some ionic bloom and some boost when into flowering,next time round im going all canna i think as i have heard good results off them,im going to check on the roots in a couple of weeks to see if they have filled out and more than likely have to re-pot,yes thats just the one 300 cfl at the moment the other 2 30w cfls come tomorrow so lets see hw the temp is then i know they dont kick out much so hopefully wont affect it to much,fingers crossed for some ladies i only have one feminised now as my dog decided to much the other one darn dog!!

i know they are not for a while now though so fingers crossed i have a couple of females out of the rest,the pots are quite big on 3 of them not sure what gallons but after measuring them properly not guestimating there 7 inches deep by 7 inch across the top what sort of size sgould i be going for for transplant and how long do u think i need to leave it?im going to look fox farm nutes up..are they a american company just wondered if i would get them in uk anyway im going to have a browse see what i can dig up

Fox farms is straight out of northern california, up in humbolt county, which... is hysterical that they claim the nutrients are for anything but that sweet sweet dank. not sure if you can get em in UK though...

As far as planter size, ive heard plants can reach about 1 foot per gallon of dirt. If you go on my page, the white buckets i transplanted the plants into are 5 gallon buckets. Might be hard to tell, but from the sounds of it 7 inches deep will not be enough for a baby to grow. dont hold those numbers against me, just what ive heard.

I suggest transplanting anytime between now and the start of flowering. It is a HUGE stress on the plant though, so sooner the better so it is ready to rock for flowering. Expect stunted plants, but in the long run, its for the best. ;)

im using the computer fan as an exhaust at the moment at the top of the tent as money is tight temperature has levelled off all day at 75f and hunidity round about 55% not sure if thats about right though. ive looked for fox farms but cant find anywhere so far that sell it in the uk so i may try some canna if i have some cash spare.when would i want to start nutes do u think?

ive got a ph tester and the soil is at 6 and the run off water was at 6.5 so i think this isnt to bad,well im pretty sure from looking around uk doesnt have these nutes anywhere so i will try and afford the best i can at the moment i have ionic soil grow not brilliant but will do for now plants arent that old so i think i should wait a couple of weeks?need some serious advice cause im really unsure of it and i dont want to kill them off

Back
Top Bottom