First Time Grower

looks good.
I see trics forming.

Omgsh funny I just came back to post I just noticed them forming, didn't notice earlier lol :)
20150906_131556.jpg
20150906_131450.jpg
20150906_131353.jpg

Good evening steff. I've been swamped with my convoluted brood of plants and missed a few days. I wanted to share this light idea with you. Graytail shared this with me, so it's really nice to be able to pass it on. These lights are amazing. The plants are growing with nodes as close as 2 per inch! They work really good for seedlings. You can get them right down over top of them. You can get CFLs to within an inch to very impressive effect, but you're going to singe a few leaves. I'm of the opinion that the stress of occasional burns signals some sort of survival message that causes the plant to form more trichomes. I never really worried about it. Singed leaves never slowed any of my plants down. Singed baby plants, a totally different story.

Graytail says these work really well for a single vegging plant, something I've yet to try. For veg and flower I prefer hanging them around from loose cords or using strips with plug in-adapters. You see that on my journal a lot. I want my plants surrounded by light and I'll do anything to make that happen.

Your plant is flowering and you need to get those lights close as you can and make sure it's the side that is exposed to the plant. They derive no beneficial light from the ends.

I loved the close-up shots. I never spent much time photographing until I started growing and journaling. Now I post about 20 photos a day! :laughtwo: Heirloom nailed it - I'm seriously addicted to growing.

SUCCESS! :slide:

image28087.jpg

These run about $30 or so apiece, not cheap at all. I'm willing to put that money out because I know from experience how effectively they contain nodal development, allowing me to get more plant into less space in the end.

TAA-DAA

Building The Light

The components:
1 heavy duty reflector (resist the urge to cheap out - buy the $13 one)
1 screw-in adapter with plugs
3 y-adapters

image28171.jpg

Begin by lifting the copper tabs inside one of the y-adapters. This will be the first one you screw into the plug adapter.

image28172.jpg

Screw in the plug in adapter. You will need to pull the hanging clip out of the holes to get it screwed in tight. Then just reattach the clip.

image28173.jpg

Add on the y-adapter with the adjusted copper tabs.

image28174.jpg

Add the remaining adapters, being careful not to screw them in too tightly to leave the play you'll need to line them up correctly.

image28175.jpg

Add bulbs and voila'!

image28176.jpg

Wow this thread is one of the best/exciting I have read so far! Love how she's coming out steff! Super job on that! I have just started my first grow as well! Started from seeds, now are about 18 days old and looking mighty fine. I'm doing an indoor closet grow, as of now only have 3 23w cfl's but will be doubling maybe tripling that soon. Anyways keep up the good work and the badass pictures!!

If you want a cheap but effective reflective material then I would suggest that you look into emergency blankets. I use them to line my veg chamber and flower box. They are about two bucks at wally fart in the camping section. And those light clamp reflectors are awesome I use em too.

Wanted to add cause i gapped it but your are doing really well keep up the good work. Your grow is coming along very nicely and your girl looks very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom