First Time Growing - Mystery Bag Of Seed

Here's an update today. I will be flipping them once I get my grow lights which should be end of this week or next.
image2848.jpeg

image2850.jpeg

Just got my lights in today. I purchased (4) 600w Marshydro old version. I defoliated all the plants so I will give it a few days to recoup before I put them into 12/12 cycle.
image3409.jpeg

update today, these girls have been in 12/12 for the last 10 days. I see no signs of sex for any of them but all I know is they keep growing. With my luck these will all turn out to be males lol

Room temp - 78
water temp - 65
humidity - 50ish

Don't know what else to do. Unless I'm looking for sex in all the wrong places? I fill up my res tank with 5 gallons every day, my PPM is 1200 as of now.

IMG_38009.JPG

IMG_379811.JPG

IMG_37946.JPG

IMG_37906.JPG

Hello All,

I'm planning to start a setup of my own now that I have some time to myself. But unfortunately i don't have the means to get expensive stuff for the different stages of the grow room setup.

BTW, noobiegrow kudos to your setup man that looks wicked. Make sure those flowers boom real good and give you huge budz.:welldone:
And please do keep putting up pics of your plant updates, all the best. :)

Now I hope the experts and experienced growers out there can guide me in the right way with the provided resources. I have to say, what I have to work with is kinda limited but any and all input is much appreciated.

-The space i have to work with is 3 foot x 4 foot wide and 6 foot height. I'm guessing my option is to put a grow tent in that size.
-How many plants can I grow in this space? My guess is 2 but I could be wrong.
-I've decided to grow with LEDs, how much light do u need in this instance?
The lights I've got are 2 of 30 watts full spec grow light(red dominant) + 54 watts full spec(red dominant) + I'm planning of building a simple DIY led with individual reds and blues and a few whites - that might amount to 33 watts
-I also have a couple CFL 60 watters but I don't know if they will be of any help if I add them.

Anyways it just isn't feasible for me to buy the expensive 200W onwards LeD lights and what not.
and switching to hps or mh bulbs would again require the entire setup with ballast which is costly, not to mention the advanced ventilation which is a must for HID lights would definitely cost a few hundred dollars.

I also am not sure on how to use the lights from seedlings to and how to change the intensity as the plant grows bigger.
I am a newbie guys so please go easy on me :)

Very excited to get this started.

My grow space is the same exact as yours besides the height. My height is 8.5 ft but the 4x3 is the same. I have 8 plants in there with the (4) 600w led. But when I started the seedlings, I used an (8) 4ft t5 and kept the light about 2 inches away.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

This is my very first grow of anything let alone mj. I did some reading before setting things up. I made and still making lots of mistakes as time is passing. But these were bag seeds so I wasn't too worried about it. I did the topping and super cropping and everything known to growers. I did it just to do it and to see what I can get away with and what I can't.

Yeah that's true, I'm sure ill make mistakes when i grow but I'm trying to keep them at a minimum by doing maximum research possible. :)

Here's a brief summary of what I've spent so far on LIGHTING:

2 x 30 watts led full spec - $20
1 x 54 watts led full spec - $20
Cheap DIY led 33 watt led - $15
2 x 65 watts CFL 6000k - $20

I'm also saving up for a decent grow light for the flowering stage, Hopefully I should be able to get the 150 watt or the 240 watt on a bargain if my luck favors. The cost should be around $85-$110

Wow, $400 seems to be a bit of a stretch for my budget. :-/ I've already set aside $200 which'll get me the above mentioned lights.

Noobiegrow, so did you use 8 tubed T5 lights for your seedlings? How many seedlings did you start with? And once you started with your seedlings how long did have these T5 lights hooked up til you changed to your Veg light?
Which would be a good light(LED) for vegging under reasonable pricing? upto $120

I'll be getting some real good seeds in a few months, until then I have these local strain seeds. I reside in India btw and the inexpensive pot here is really pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. There are rumors that go around saying that most of the cheap pot around here is mixed with a lot of harmful chems to increase its high. Which it doesn't really.
I've tried it and never tried scoring anymore after that, and you do get some good quality boom if you have the right contacts. Which is the main concern for everybody cuz u can get busted pretty easily if your walking around with 2 oz. or more on you.
According to my personal experience - there are a lot of snitching b*tches if you ever decide to score a huge quantity. Anyways, you can see why I don't wanna deal with any of this anymore.

Coming to the seeds I've saved quite a lot of good seeds(seeds collected from high quality pot) but if I compare it to say one of the well known strains, lets take White widow for example.
These Indian seeds are about half the size of the white widow or maybe 60%. Any particular reason why that is?
Anyways, ill be experimenting with these ones and ill be sure to upload some pics once i get everything started. Provided that's ok with Noobiegrow. :) Should be another couple weeks before I'm all set.

Yes, as seedlings I used my t5 (6500k) and vegged with it for two months. You can see in my earlier pics on how massive they got. I was reading where you can actually veg then flower with t5 but the buds won't be as dense. But if you have a flat canopy, the t5 will do the job.

Hey can you post a pic of the roots? How old are these ladies now, 2 months?

You should have taken one plant when it was 6 weeks old and flowered it to find out the sex but I guess now you'll just have to wait and see how many turn out female. :thumb:

What are the watts of those CFL bulbs that you're using? I see warm white and cool white bulbs.

BTW I plan on starting with 3 plants with individual buckets. I guess I'll have to connect these to a reservoir tank, how big should the tank be in this case?? Any ideas?

I'll be putting the plants in a 3 gallon bucket.

They are all female now. I just haven't had time to update this thread. I will post pics this weekend. They are on 12/12 so by the time I'm off, lights are off. So I have to wait till the weekend. Not sure of the wattage of the lights, I believe 13w? They were just random lights laying around the house so I said why not.

My res is I believe 23 gallons. Remember the smaller the res the more you'll have to top it off. Mine drinks about 8 gallons a day. I replenish two bucks a day.

I would think at least 3-5 gallon or better. But I will tell you to make your tubes connecting from your res and the tubes connected to each bucket is bigger than your hose that spits back into your res. If not, your pump will suck more water than than your res to the buckets can dispense.

Back
Top Bottom