Ganesha's Evolution

Yeah I think I'm gonna decide to stop worrying.
I do want a little uv light, or maybe one to grow in the tent.
The big ganesha curtain on the front of the tent is uv reactive, also good to keep away certain pests & fungi.

With the flash everything is very green as with regular light.
I still get a lot of canoeing on top though, and dimming the light is not really an option with it being so high.
I've been thinking maybe snip a few light hours off so they got more time to relax.
IMG_1697973248954.JPEG
I'm far from an expert in lighting but I think your PPFD is what is going to matter when it comes to canoeing, not DLI. I stand to be corrected as I am making an educated guess.

I'm far from an expert in lighting but I think your PPFD is what is going to matter when it comes to canoeing, not DLI. I stand to be corrected as I am making an educated guess.
Two cents for you - I agree with Carmen. If you’re getting canoe-ing it is likely your light is too hot. The height is irrelevant. The ppfd hitting the tops is what matters. Do you have an app to measure your light levels? My unsolicited suggestion is that you measure the light level and adjust til you’re somewhere between 1000-1200 ppfd. For what it’s worth.

How is height not relevant? as that's very much related to intensity,
Heat is unlikely although I'll probe when the light comes on.
And more dark is also less light stress how could it not be?
As if it's natural for the plant to have the exact same intensity from the exact same spot for 18hrs a day.
The largest top isn't getting more than 1000-1200 ppfd though, it's just at the 1000 with the light strung up.
That's why I kinda don't want to decrease wattage otherwise the grow below gets a lot less, now the rest is still in the 600-850 range.

Could be nute related again.. but it's only the tops... last feed was high in calmag.. and I'm hoping that I didn't switch grow & bloom dose with a stoned head.. as well the left and the right plant have had an intense greening.
The left one was getting a bit pale (under led I have to say before the flush) they then had half strength refeed, and they finished that quick and then they got high calmag and full dose. Which they are nearing to end as well and the past couple days the green got way more intense.

Too much evaporation could also be a problem, but then they usually close downwards..

The middle plant is drinking the slowest that one started flowering and building buds the earliest, I'm letting them all SIP out the res.. I'm gonna put that one on Finalpart solution.. and the others look like they'll still be flowering for some time.. I'm gonna try to finish the middle one in the 77 days as per box and ripen the others from that point on.

Can't wait to start the photo grow.. that's why I bought the light so I could deliver enough power corner to corner on 12hrs.

Ok this is driving me bonkers, lights just came on.. and my leaves are full of craters and dimples @Absorber.. it's no joke.
I know its not gnats but you may catch what ever is causing the damage, it can't hurt lots of insects are attracted to alcohol.

I know its not gnats but you may catch what ever is causing the damage, it can't hurt lots of insects are attracted to alcohol.
indeed alcohol, or a sweet vinegar also attracts a lot of bugs, I guess beer won't hurt as it's low in percentage.. but strong alcohol and vinegars can damage the leaves if they're off gassing in the tent.. have had that happen before.
I kinda found a critter that could be a muncher.

indeed alcohol, or a sweet vinegar also attracts a lot of bugs, I guess beer won't hurt as it's low in percentage.. but strong alcohol and vinegars can damage the leaves if they're off gassing in the tent.. have had that happen before.
I kinda found a critter that could be a muncher.
It looks like a Flea Beetle. Little mutha!

Baked beans too… left a ramekin of them out over night on the kitchen counter and had 25 dead gnats in the morning. And flatulence. But that was me. 😂
Yeah like fungus gnats are very dim fortunately.. they'll just walk & land into any trap, but their strength is in numbers as if they get to nest properly eeeeh.

Oh nononononononono... some leaves on the top bud of the middle plant turned yellow, then I saw some fuzz!
First time seeing fuzz indoors here! But the problem is probably I brought tainted bud from outdoor in this room.
Still dammit.. I'm cutting the middle one, the nugs are not huge but rock solid.
I already wiped the tent, and now the two remaining plants don't touch.
If the big one gets it.. argh that would really suck as those nugs are getting on the huge side and can still want to grow bigger. And I'm kinda counting on that one to fill a couple jars.
IMG_1698526324654.JPEG
IMG_1698526456054.JPEG
IMG_1698526436664.JPEG
IMG_1698491231674.jpg

Bummer Fenderbender, that is disappointing. Best of luck with the rest of the grow! Let's hope you got it all.
I of course fear it's already in there and as soon as a part weakens with ageing it's likely to go south.

On another note the smell just changed completely, I was wondering as things mostly smelled green and weedy, but now I got the Skittlez reference as it did start to smell super sweet in the tent, I dunno what skittles smell like but I got some very candy and melon like smells.

So far all the Barney's have turned out very sweet flavoured.

The other plant was coming along nicely but now I spotted fuzz on the one, I'm of course pretty worried.
Like I'm already seeing yellow leaves on the tops as well although I'm thinking the light stress there, I've dimmed it down the past couple of days.. still that will go weak. But I mainly fear I'll see fuzz turn up as well which means she got it too.
I'm also thinking could it be from the inside from the roots as these two do have brown dead & decaying roots at the bottom that hung into the res.

These nugs could get really big if she could flower to the end of next month.
But I'm not sure she's gonna make it.
And I can't risk it as looking the plant up and down that one alone is already filling the three big jars, and I've mostly been using outdoor from last year, I wouldn't mind something else.

So yeah keeping a very close eye

I'm gonna get the climate controller, or maybe just one of them mars electronic controlled exhaust fans.. as that would pretty much achieve the same goal.. keep humidity and temp in check at a lower fan speed.
And just two little sips next time.. as these size are capable enough already to grow a 4 or 5' plant maybe even bigger.
But that's already all way too large for this tent.
IMG_1698647470920.JPEG
IMG_1698647495664.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom