Ganesha's Evolution

Could the fluffy dots possibly be cocoons of sorts?

The destruction of the bus depot is an expensive disaster. Have they found the cause? What alternative public transport can people use?

I think your time is the same as ours in SA. Are you a fellow insomniac?

Yup we're on the same time zone. Hmm used to be a night person but now not so much.
They are investigating and yeah bus schedules in the area are a bit disturbed at the moment.

cocoon or egg of something maybe, and where it's under the leaf that's where the next spot is gonna be.
I need to do more investigating when the lights come on.

Okay this is the second time I've seen this on this plant, and I had not seen it before.. it regrows new tip when torn off.
IMG_1697731112313.JPEG

I'm still finding these
IMG_1697731357137.JPEG

And the circular ones
IMG_1697731134391.JPEG

Now it looks like orange bud
IMG_1697731214715.JPEG
IMG_1697731249622.JPEG

Lol! The Zamnesia Amnesia auto is still alive... but yeah no chance, she's far away from the light and look at those roots she has to battle against.
IMG_1697738480069.JPEG

We're at day 52 now.. Middle one isn't drinking fast anymore, the others already emptied their reservoirs.
So if she finishes hers I'm gonna put her on the Finalpart nute.
I haven't seen much spots today, maybe the neem & soap treatments are having effect.. as well neem seems to be a great cat repellent too as they are not interested in the leaves anymore as the smell and taste probably is a bit much.
IMG_1697784361219.JPEG

Hiya Fender!
Did you spray Neem in flower? That may cause hairs to turn brown.
Plants look fantastic!
Yeah, that's why, well I'm trying to get to whatever is causing things.
There's still damage and holes appearing.
This is also something I see happening to lots of leaves that cut...
IMG_1697840835018.JPEG

It has to be a some critter no?
And there is something flying in the tent, but it's fast and too tiny.
I've been thinking about getting a microscope, I have a telescope but that won't help in determining if something is a fungi or a critter or an egg.
And videoing some eukaryotes etc.. would be pretty cool too.

med_gallery_32223_4122_1407439221_12042.gif

Yeah, that's why, well I'm trying to get to whatever is causing things.
There's still damage and holes appearing.
This is also something I see happening to lots of leaves that cut...
IMG_1697840835018.JPEG

It has to be a some critter no?
And there is something flying in the tent, but it's fast and too tiny.
I've been thinking about getting a microscope, I have a telescope but that won't help in determining if something is a fungi or a critter or an egg.
And videoing some eukaryotes etc.. would be pretty cool too.

med_gallery_32223_4122_1407439221_12042.gif
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but judging by that photo 😳oh my God I can't believe it 👀 its not good your plant looks to have craters all over it 🤯 i mean there's dimples all over the surface everywhere.
In all seriousness could the leaf damage be from flying debris in the wind or is there more that just the one and do they all look like the same sort of damage?
Edit -your in a tent🤦‍♂️ and its happening a bit🤦‍♂️🤔 hang some sticky yellow cards see if you can't catch it

I was being a smart arse referring to the moon picture you had in you comment 😁 im bad i know 🤪
Yea try some sticky insect traps

Wait which dimples and craters do you mean? those yellow ones I keep showing or are you seeing something else?
And the damage, I thought it was tears from handling them and maybe they are tears that grew apart, but the weird thing is it looks exactly the same on various leaves.

I was being a smart arse referring to the moon picture you had in you comment 😁 im bad i know 🤪
Yea try some sticky insect traps
That doesn't work without hearing that upward inflection, but looool no I should have picked up on that 🥸 but I was deep into googling insect eggs & leaf damages, trying to figure out the problem that it woooshed.

There's sticky traps, I puffed crushed diatoms on the soil, I neemed and soaped the leaves, it's still ongoing.
Not as bad or fast as a couple days ago, still.

That doesn't work without hearing that upward inflection, but looool no I should have picked up on that 🥸 but I was deep into googling insect eggs & leaf damages, trying to figure out the problem that it woooshed.

There's sticky traps, I puffed crushed diatoms on the soil, I neemed and soaped the leaves, it's still ongoing.
Not as bad or fast as a couple days ago, still.
I was hoping you'd catch the attempt at humour and not panic over something that you thought you missed , im a🤡 I know 🤣

I know everyone wants a perfect plant with no blemishes, but I wouldn't get all that worked up over what you're seeing. Could be a lot of different things from water pressure in the leaf causing a split, to a critter, to whatever.

I'd certainly pay more attention going forward to that section of the plant to try to find the source of the issue, but unless it's spreading noticeably and quickly, I'd be more curious than worried for now.

I know everyone wants a perfect plant with no blemishes, but I wouldn't get all that worked up over what you're seeing. Could be a lot of different things from water pressure in the leaf causing a split, to a critter, to whatever.

I'd certainly pay more attention going forward to that section of the plant to try to find the source of the issue, but unless it's spreading noticeably and quickly, I'd be more curious than worried for now.
Hmmm, yeah it's not one section.. it's kinda happening everywhere.. even the tiny Amnesia has a hole.
So I should let it progress to see what's up.. as I've been removing serious affected leaves.

Yeah I think I'm gonna decide to stop worrying.
I do want a little uv light, or maybe one to grow in the tent.
The big ganesha curtain on the front of the tent is uv reactive, also good to keep away certain pests & fungi.

With the flash everything is very green as with regular light.
I still get a lot of canoeing on top though, and dimming the light is not really an option with it being so high.
I've been thinking maybe snip a few light hours off so they got more time to relax.
IMG_1697973248954.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom