Ganesha's Evolution

Coming along nicely
Yeah really can't complain, there's a bunch of plant material where last week there was none.

Third SIP has arrived now I have to figure out how to transplant it as there's no real soil & root mass I can take out of the pot.., pretty sure that it will all fall apart, so just gently scoop it out I guess and replant.

Yeah really can't complain, there's a bunch of plant material where last week there was none.

Third SIP has arrived now I have to figure out how to transplant it as there's no real soil & root mass I can take out of the pot.., pretty sure that it will all fall apart, so just gently scoop it out I guess and replant.
I always use Myco when I uppot. It really helps with any transplant shock and makes the roots explode. But I grow in soil I’m not sure what you’re using if it helps. CL🍀

3 SIPS !
@NickHardy Is it Europäisch Bauhaus enough like this? 😆
IMG_1694699000657.JPEG

Now.. the transplant could not have gone much worse... suddenly it looked like there was some integrity and I could take out a shape, but a wrong move and the whole thing collapsed with the plant crashing on the side... loads of fine roots lost.
If she survives this.. she'll be extra strong?
She also ended up the tallest now.
IMG_1694699985314.JPEG

Now I can prep some nutes and fill up the reservoirs.
And I'm gonna give some Rhizotonic to the transplant.
Oh and I've topped up the other pots with soil as well.
Right fill em up time!

3 SIPS !
@NickHardy Is it Europäisch Bauhaus enough like this? 😆
IMG_1694699000657.JPEG

Now.. the transplant could not have gone much worse... suddenly it looked like there was some integrity and I could take out a shape, but a wrong move and the whole thing collapsed with the plant crashing on the side... loads of fine roots lost.
If she survives this.. she'll be extra strong?
She also ended up the tallest now.
IMG_1694699985314.JPEG

Now I can prep some nutes and fill up the reservoirs.
And I'm gonna give some Rhizotonic to the transplant.
Oh and I've topped up the other pots with soil as well.
Right fill em up time!
Oh my gosh! Epic. Truly epic bro 🙇🏽‍♂

(Sorry about the transplant mishap - but wow do they have a classy room!)

I’m def in the rest this grow! JOTM already! 🤣

Nick

Oh my gosh! Epic. Truly epic bro 🙇🏽‍♂

(Sorry about the transplant mishap - but wow do they have a classy room!)

I’m def in the rest this grow! JOTM already! 🤣

Nick
Lol! Cheers, Welcome!
Yeah my ocd is definitely calmed now with three similar pots, three modules, clean lines. :)
And the difference between smartpot & sip was also instantly obvious, good riddance!

So smart pots not good? I’m looking for something new to try for the Canuk comparative awesome giveaway. I’m thinking maybe Autopots seem a sort of SIP/DWC crossover. Maybe 😂
Fabric pots are great, but this grows faster & bigger and I've got three gauges telling me when to water.
I've just filled them so now I won't have to do anything for a while.
Wait bend them, I was going to bend today, still gotta do that.

Edit: hmm autopots I've only seen them online.

I
Fabric pots are great, but this grows faster & bigger and I've got three gauges telling me when to water.
I've just filled them so now I won't have to do anything for a while.
Wait bend them, I was going to bend today, still gotta do that.

Edit: hmm autopots I've only seen them online.
I bought a 4 set with tank for my mate (called Nick!) because I like the gravity based autowater. He over ran the planting greenhouse in the UK so won’t set them up until April or so next year. Might try a set myself first here. Looking for something new. Although love the solos.

I

I bought a 4 set with tank for my mate (called Nick!) because I like the gravity based autowater. He over ran the planting greenhouse in the UK so won’t set them up until April or so next year. Might try a set myself first here. Looking for something new. Although love the solos.
I mean should grow great as well, anything where the plant has steady supplies goes hard. I'd think.

Looking good (well, two out of three anyway). Don't blast the transplant with light for a day or two, let her regroup a bit first. And, if you've filled her reservoir up right out of the gate, that may be yet another hurdle for her to get over to get established.

She will, it'll be fine, but I'd baby her a bit initially.

Looking good (well, two out of three anyway). Don't blast the transplant with light for a day or two, let her regroup a bit first. And, if you've filled her reservoir up right out of the gate, that may be yet another hurdle for her to get over to get established.

She will, it'll be fine, but I'd baby her a bit initially.

Owww, yeah no I transplanted her with a body slam, blasted the light and filled up the reservoir and tied her down.
When I saw all those fine roots ripped I thought she's gone but she's doing pretty good considering how it went.
IMG_1694744567109.JPEG

These other two already having a crazy response to the bends.
IMG_1694744559446.JPEG

@Azimuth Okay get it, blasting her with light will make her very active only to then notice that her supply lines won't cope as well some are gone!
She was a bit droopier before lights out although still not too bad considering and she responded a bit to the bend but nothing like the other two.
I don't know how to give her less light though.. yeah I can just put her in a room not too close to the window for a while.

Say what now with these nutes, I've made the dose for week three which was 1,5ml of grow per L and 0,5ml of bloom per L I made 6L and gave each 2.
So how to prevent the salt buildup? as even the feed chart tells to flush between growing & pre-flower and between pre-flower & flower.
Keep res topped up?
Or send a just water through the res as a flush, is it then an upwards flush? where everything gets absorbed instead of washed away?

Or send a just water through the res as a flush, is it then an upwards flush? where everything gets absorbed instead of washed away?
My plan for something similar is why
I put valves in the bottom of my latest SIPs. I can drain it and then top water flush them. I think there’s a few people, discussed this topic in the SIP thread first recommended as often has been, Emilya Green, where top watering every 1-2 weeks is considered optimal?

My plan for something similar is why
I put valves in the bottom of my latest SIPs. I can drain it and then top water flush them. I think there’s a few people, discussed this topic in the SIP thread first recommended as often has been, Emilya Green, where top watering every 1-2 weeks is considered optimal?
Hmm nonono I didn't get into sub irrigation to top water, apart from dripfeeding I'd like to avoid it as it compacts the soil especially if you flush.
Maybe feed a bit of distilled water?

Back
Top Bottom