Ganesha's Evolution

There’s some chat in Carmen’s thread about top watering SIPs as a more general thoughts on sub irrigation (she’s tried SWICKs) might be of interest to you!
Carmen's Winter Autos With ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro!

To top water or not is an issue me, Carmen, Shed amongst others is all recent grow history.
What's the issue with top watering?
I've kinda avoided it now, I've prewatered, planted the seed and then let her do her thing, after a week I filled a bit of water in the res to make sure she knows where it's at.

Thanks!
Ah yes I've noticed that about the netting, should have seen the one they sent me for a 1x1m tent, the quality was really high as it was good and rather thick rope, actually great for just using the weight to train photoperiods. but the holes... you could stick a pot through it don't know what they want you to scrog with th
at
I already found the tightening trick as I'm using zip ties to connect them at one side, that way I can pull the tension up and still move them up and down.
I also have two nets, what I sometimes like to do is put the two close to another but strap them differently so the squares don't match and then use that to weave the plant through.

But I'm not sure I should scrog.. as I feel I actually thin the plant out too much that way, as I was used to pulling each branch and just continue to pull it out and that way you can fill a lot of area yes but it's different a bit too diluted.
I mean I'll probably place a net to indeed space the buds a bit when they come up but I feel I should be more careful with when and how to manipulate, as well anything you do to the plant she responds.
And I was kinda hoping to get that autoflower look well a bunch of big fat colas sticking out from the pot but then I probably shouldn't guide too much but more gently pulse them upwards and outwards.

Yes it's a bit tight on the bottom, but I dunno, I like to see it :)
Maybe I should try that porcupine method where you put a stick to every branch and then you can keep adjusting each branch individually in height.

Ah and you top, yeah I wasn't really planning on doing that, although I could roll out the top on of them to see how that goes. hmmm
IMG_1694891706395.JPEG
Here's how I combated the scrog net pulling in and the tent sucking in from fan at same time ,if you know someone or have a 3d printer the STL files are available in my signature "3d printed items for grows " i printed ends for 20mm conduit and hooks that go on the conduit.

Day 21 - 3 weeks!.. looks like there's still some good veg in there... Good as they still have plenty of veg nutes.
I feel like putting the net again to splay them open one more time and maybe already clean up branches a bit as I do not want to encourage extra buds growing up but rather concentrate on the tops.

IMG_1695129187883.JPEG

The cats had a blast, after three weeks of patiently waiting and looking at me looking at the plants today they got more leaves than they could munch, after I stuck the 5th or 6th one under their nose they were like naah we're good & full.

I removed all the first nodes and fan leaves and the second set of fans as well, sometimes the node too if it was low on the branch.

IMG_1695139397996.JPEG
IMG_1695139411603.JPEG
IMG_1695139455199.JPEG

Even the small one, this is gonna keep miniature I'm afraid, but could be fun and well.. well no we'll see soon.
IMG_1695139466793.JPEG

Best now let them recover and just let them grow.

Day 22 after the pruning and defoliation.. it's crazy how fast these recover.
I'm just gonna tuck a couple of leaves and let them grow for today.
IMG_1695215500339.JPEG

IMG_1695215623715.JPEG

And Dang, I should have taped up these holes..
That way a flush would be fairly easy I can take off the reservoir, and then the water can pour out of the water channel.
But I didn't so if I did some pebbles will fall through and it might also be difficult to get them back on with pebbles getting in the way .. but if those are closed, easy.
As I'm still wondering what to do with these feedings, do I get that flashclean/florakleen, and do some sort of flush as the chart prescribes.. or just fill the tank up again and power through preflower and flower and see what happens?

holes.jpg

Oooh, just found out the little time clock in that climate controller thingy can be replaced for a tenner.
That might sway me more to that device again as I can instantly buy a spare or two and be golden for a while.
Might spur me on faster to expand the tent as well.

And oh no what's this.. seems to be another invasive species...
Something Amnesia auto.
That little plant in the right SIP is in dwarf mode so she needs a companion to help sip.
I still had a freebee auto so why not.
IMG_1695233695747.JPEG

I like this one
IMG_1695233524120.JPEG
IMG_1695232756885.JPEG

Temperature above the light is 26°c
Temperature at canopy is 28-29°c but I read here that's actually okay for LED
RH% still high takes about an hour to rise to this if I then vent a minute it drops to 50.
IMG_1695232616218.JPEG

Day 24
The branching on the left one is even better.

IMG_1695388437371.JPEG
IMG_1695388478291.JPEG
Wow! Never seen that technique used quite that way before. Very cool, very neat and clean. Do you do that so that you don’t have to anchor anything to get your apparently desired ring? And so you can get zero interior growth real easy?

Wow! Never seen that technique used quite that way before. Very cool, very neat and clean. Do you do that so that you don’t have to anchor anything to get your apparently desired ring? And so you can get zero interior growth real easy?
Also, what are those? Pieces of ducting? Nice McGuyver-ing.

Also, what are those? Pieces of ducting? Nice McGuyver-ing.

Well.... I have no idea :D
It was more caveman than macguyvering as I just saw the two rings of ducting lying around and put them there... I thought, I'm always bending the plant open to get light through, how about I just set it like that and yeah that might indeed result in a ring of buds so cool.
I'm kinda also hoping it grows and toughens up the stem, or that it promotes growth as the plant would like to cover it up again, and it's also easy to see if anything is growing back and needs to be snipped.

I'm kinda hoping they stay a bit like that when I remove them again.. on the other hand I could of course let the area be taken by the couple of buds that want to be there.

Well.... I have no idea :D
It was more caveman than macguyvering as I just I saw the two rings of ducting lying around and put them there... I thought, I'm always bending the plant open to get light through, how about I just set it like that and yeah that might indeed result in a ring of buds so cool.
I'm kinda also hoping it grows and toughens up the stem, or that it promotes growth as the plant would like to cover it up again, and it's also easy to see if anything is growing back and needs to be snipped.

I'm kinda hoping they stay a bit like that when I remove them again.. on the other hand I could of course let the area be taken by the couple of buds that want to be there.
If you keep it like that til the stretch starts the branches will quickly stiffen up and they’ll stay. I’ve never done it or seen it so no idea if you lose it now what would happen. But it’s a really cool idea. I may borrow that off you sometime.
:thanks:

Day 25
It stays somewhat, I've just put the big fan on them and hosed them down, no more spray soon so I thought I get a one last little storm in, this one is getting ready
And the other one has started the stretch.
So with synth nutes what would you do?
Do I just make a small amount of pre-growth dose and add to the reservoir. (which is how I'd like the process to be, you put stuff in and plant munches it all without complaints)
Do I try to flush?
Or do I let it run empty and then send a dose plain or RO through.
Why did I go this route I would have been perfectly fine just putting water in the res and top dressing the nutes I had to avoid smelly res.
On the other hand can't complain about GHE yet either as the nutes promise good growth & tight nodes and so far it's nothing but that.
The main tops have started to negated my netting and sticks as they are too weak to hold them down either the stick comes up or the wire bends.
But I can let everything go.. with the new light I'm also not scared of vertical growth as I have a wide ideal par range which I can push out far in front of the light.
IMG_1695453738796.JPEG
IMG_1695453758315.JPEG

Day 27
These both had pre-flower nutes which is equal part grow & bloom at 5,8ph, I just added a litre to each res screw the flush, the blurb on the package prides themselves in preventing saltbuildup with their formula yet they recommend to flush with their extra thing that prevents salt buildup..uhu, unless that's part of the formula, but well it's not in the bundle.. so shutup. we'll lets just see how powering through goes.
Left is a feel a bit deficient and the right a bit too much.. As left I like the leaf structure but a bit pale & slow with filling in the greens.
I'm really wondering how these will end up, I've kept them compact but they got a chonky stem.
But I'm hoping for some height now.

IMG_1695647490322.JPEG

IMG_1695647719109.JPEG

I'm so happy with the light every time I open up the tent
I'm kinda counting down till November as I want to test my favourite photoperiod under it, that's going to be so wild.

IMG_1695647809098.JPEG

I do wonder what this one is going to morph into, a bunch of huddled together gnarly dwarf buds.
IMG_1695647451769.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom