Ganesha's Evolution

Somewhat useable, although a smaller maze would be handy
The colour has already greatly improved after filling the res with the Terra Aquatica (that's apparently French, so apart from the Genetics it's indeed a very EU setup, well yeah I just get what's more readily available to me)

IMG_1694786281294.JPEG

Lol
IMG_1694786288971.JPEG

I removed the net and leaf tucked them for the night as I really liked the shape those two manipulations gave me.
I've got all the branches on top so I'm just gonna try to keep them that way with tucking and keep pulling out the main.
The only bud I want to pull sidebranches from is the main so I feel that's a good tactic
IMG_1694928340978.JPEG

Hmmm, now with three SIPS in the tent.. humidity gets high.
I have just a one fan system that vents the tent intermittently and that fan is pretty loud as well.
And looks like I have to run it a lot to keep humidity under control, some shrooms told me.
Now I was wondering about one of these.
That way I can exhaust on temperature or humidity and the speed controller will allow me to run the fan more silently.
There's also bigger versions which allow for a lot more control, lights, fans, humidifiers..
Although I feel this is the most important block that allows for humidity and temperature with just outtake and optional intake.
cli-mate-twin-controller-humi-44-amp.jpg

Grrr and the silver lining is starting to delaminate & rip at the door and elsewhere in the tent it's getting damage as well.. I need to go back to a German tent... I sold my old Homebox to my friend and that white inner lining is still spiffing..
Ha now I suddenly feel the urge to blast Ode To Joy in the tent..take it away Johann!

Hmmm, now with three SIPS in the tent.. humidity gets high.
I have just a one fan system that vents the tent intermittently and that fan is pretty loud as well.
And looks like I have to run it a lot to keep humidity under control, some shrooms told me.
Now I was wondering about one of these.
That way I can exhaust on temperature or humidity and the speed controller will allow me to run the fan more silently.
There's also bigger versions which allow for a lot more control, lights, fans, humidifiers..
Although I feel this is the most important block that allows for humidity and temperature with just outtake and optional intake.
cli-mate-twin-controller-humi-44-amp.jpg

Grrr and the silver lining is starting to delaminate & rip at the door and elsewhere in the tent it's getting damage as well.. I need to go back to a German tent... I sold my old Homebox to my friend and that white inner lining is still spiffing..
Ha now I suddenly feel the urge to blast Ode To Joy in the tent..take it away Johann!
I like my inkbird it has temp and humidity settings and it didn’t cost a fortune 🔮. CL🍀.

I like my inkbird it has temp and humidity settings and it didn’t cost a fortune 🔮. CL🍀.
Aha I'll check it out if that's available around here.
Upon checking which type number? as I see one only humidity and all the other only temp?
That looks like a neat no nonsense controller. We don’t need no fancy we’re all business 👍🏼
I mean I feel it's a bit fancy as it's twice as expensive as Lucky's devices with the digital pressing pads.
But it's made in the Netherlands, I'm on a theme here, gotta keep it going 😆

One model bigger looks cool too and would be great for a 4x4 with two of these lights.
Which might be where I'm eventually heading.
When the lights switch off a heating circuit comes on.. you got the fan & humidity section, you can run an extra de/humidifier and there's a continuous socket for ventilators or whatnot.
The sensors that comes with them is a sturdy little box to put in the tent.
And it also has a fuse, if the whole tent runs off it maybe nice extra safety, and I also can get an inrush current limiter for my light.
It's 151 vs 239e.. but I'd only be using three sockets from this for quite some time.
And the analog timer has me a bit worried, as I feel those little relays start to fail after a while, what I got going on with my fan now. And the only benefit of having the timer in there is that a heating circuit pops on, but I don't really need that now.. with a bigger tent maybe as that would be in another location.
Mini-Controller-Humi-met-gloed-879x1024-1-450x600.png

I feel the other one is more essential though as that basically lets you control the rh, temp & negative pressure of any space with just connecting two fans.. seems useful.

Start of day 19
They've come up a bit
The right one is getting light again, damn shame though as seems like there will be a bit of a yield difference.
Gonna do some tucking and some pulling, probably should get some pipe cleaners though as that thin green wire is scratching the stem.
Seems like there was some consumption meters have gone down a bit, but they're set for quite a while it seems, the dose was also the veg dose throughout the entire process so I'm okay with that.
IMG_1694956580254.JPEG

Aha I'll check it out if that's available around here.
Upon checking which type number? as I see one only humidity and all the other only temp?

I mean I feel it's a bit fancy as it's twice as expensive as Lucky's devices with the digital pressing pads.
But it's made in the Netherlands, I'm on a theme here, gotta keep it going 😆

One model bigger looks cool too and would be great for a 4x4 with two of these lights.
Which might be where I'm eventually heading.
When the lights switch off a heating circuit comes on.. you got the fan & humidity section, you can run an extra de/humidifier and there's a continuous socket for ventilators or whatnot.
The sensors that comes with them is a sturdy little box to put in the tent.
And it also has a fuse, if the whole tent runs off it maybe nice extra safety, and I also can get an inrush current limiter for my light.
It's 151 vs 239e.. but I'd only be using three sockets from this for quite some time.
And the analog timer has me a bit worried, as I feel those little relays start to fail after a while, what I got going on with my fan now. And the only benefit of having the timer in there is that a heating circuit pops on, but I don't really need that now.. with a bigger tent maybe as that would be in another location.
Mini-Controller-Humi-met-gloed-879x1024-1-450x600.png

I feel the other one is more essential though as that basically lets you control the rh, temp & negative pressure of any space with just connecting two fans.. seems useful.
Its model # ITC-608T Inkbird. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Pipe cleaners have little wire barbs that stick out all along the surface. Personally I use fishing weights to hold the limbs down. Allows a bit of movement and the weights help strengthen the branches.
Real pipe cleaners do, the kids craft ones are just fuzzy.

Hi @Fenderbender - I just caught up. Before I get to your specific question, a couple observations…
- I can’t speak about SIP but…
- Your pants look great!!!!!! Even the bastard you seem to think is so bad doesn’t look so bad to me. She’s a bit lighter in color than the other two. I’d watch her and keep doing what you’re doing. And lose the paper, lol! That girl needs light.

This looks awesome to me so far. I think you’re doing great, and the SIP plants look awesome as hell! All three are a bit on the tight side, ie, it’s very little space between nodes. Good that you plan to scrog three of them, cuz I’m not sure you could fill the screen with two given how tight they are. (This is my lead in to what you asked me about)…. So all that said, bout your screen/scrog -

- you have already realized the weakness using this type of pre made tent net. The holes are way too big. Everyone likes them different but I feel smaller is better. It gives you way more options as you negotiate the screen as there’s a ton less distance to the next line. So great, you realized the reality of what you have to work with. But that’s what you have. So how to make it work best is the question, right?
- first thing I’d do is tighten the screen up. This is as easy as placing the removable hooks that hold it to the vertical poles one square in from where they are on the four corners.
- you will still have the “bow” on the sides, or the hourglass effect if you like, but worry not of that. That’s just another line to tuck under, and if you get that far, a bud between the bow and the wall of the tent (inside the bow) works great.
- so now your screen is tight and you want to keep it so you can adjust the height if you want, ie, - don’t tape it in place (some folks do that). At this point I would say it is still a little too early to determine exactly where you want it. But it’ll be ready when the girls are.
- now - are you gonna top them? Or let them grow as is into the screen? Given that they’re autos, I prefer to top, just the main, above node four or five. With squattish plants I usually go five. That gives you two shoots at screen level to begin with and they are 180 degrees removed from one another. It works out well. But either way works. I would suggest you make that decision soon if you haven’t yet.
- then all you have to do is fill her and strip below as far up as you want (I try to go to the screen, as everything under that will get little light once the screen is filled). You may take pause as you try to bridge the wide gaps of those squares, but worry not about that either. Just let the growth grow above the screen till it’s long enough to reach the line you want it at. That small distance above the screen will be no problem to tuck back under.

I’m no scrog expert, but if you ask me for my input I will always give it my best shot. You might want to reach out to StoneOtter. He was doing scrogs long before me, is excellent at it, and is my scrog Sensei.

Hope that helps! I’m in. And thanks for the prompt!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

There’s some chat in Carmen’s thread about top watering SIPs as a more general thoughts on sub irrigation (she’s tried SWICKs) might be of interest to you!
Carmen's Winter Autos With ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro!

To top water or not is an issue me, Carmen, Shed amongst others is all recent grow history.

Hi @Fenderbender - I just caught up. Before I get to your specific question, a couple observations…
- I can’t speak about SIP but…
- Your pants look great!!!!!! Even the bastard you seem to think is so bad doesn’t look so bad to me. She’s a bit lighter in color than the other two. I’d watch her and keep doing what you’re doing. And lose the paper, lol! That girl needs light.

This looks awesome to me so far. I think you’re doing great, and the SIP plants look awesome as hell! All three are a bit on the tight side, ie, it’s very little space between nodes. Good that you plan to scrog three of them, cuz I’m not sure you could fill the screen with two given how tight they are. (This is my lead in to what you asked me about)…. So all that said, bout your screen/scrog -

- you have already realized the weakness using this type of pre made tent net. The holes are way too big. Everyone likes them different but I feel smaller is better. It gives you way more options as you negotiate the screen as there’s a ton less distance to the next line. So great, you realized the reality of what you have to work with. But that’s what you have. So how to make it work best is the question, right?
- first thing I’d do is tighten the screen up. This is as easy as placing the removable hooks that hold it to the vertical poles one square in from where they are on the four corners.
- you will still have the “bow” on the sides, or the hourglass effect if you like, but worry not of that. That’s just another line to tuck under, and if you get that far, a bud between the bow and the wall of the tent (inside the bow) works great.
- so now your screen is tight and you want to keep it so you can adjust the height if you want, ie, - don’t tape it in place (some folks do that). At this point I would say it is still a little too early to determine exactly where you want it. But it’ll be ready when the girls are.
- now - are you gonna top them? Or let them grow as is into the screen? Given that they’re autos, I prefer to top, just the main, above node four or five. With squattish plants I usually go five. That gives you two shoots at screen level to begin with and they are 180 degrees removed from one another. It works out well. But either way works. I would suggest you make that decision soon if you haven’t yet.
- then all you have to do is fill her and strip below as far up as you want (I try to go to the screen, as everything under that will get little light once the screen is filled). You may take pause as you try to bridge the wide gaps of those squares, but worry not about that either. Just let the growth grow above the screen till it’s long enough to reach the line you want it at. That small distance above the screen will be no problem to tuck back under.

I’m no scrog expert, but if you ask me for my input I will always give it my best shot. You might want to reach out to StoneOtter. He was doing scrogs long before me, is excellent at it, and is my scrog Sensei.

Hope that helps! I’m in. And thanks for the prompt!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Thanks!
Ah yes I've noticed that about the netting, should have seen the one they sent me for a 1x1m tent, the quality was really high as it was good and rather thick rope, actually great for just using the weight to train photoperiods. but the holes... you could stick a pot through it don't know what they want you to scrog with that
I already found the tightening trick as I'm using zip ties to connect them at one side, that way I can pull the tension up and still move them up and down.
I also have two nets, what I sometimes like to do is put the two close to another but strap them differently so the squares don't match and then use that to weave the plant through.

But I'm not sure I should scrog.. as I feel I actually thin the plant out too much that way, as I was used to pulling each branch and just continue to pull it out and that way you can fill a lot of area yes but it's different a bit too diluted.
I mean I'll probably place a net to indeed space the buds a bit when they come up but I feel I should be more careful with when and how to manipulate, as well anything you do to the plant she responds.
And I was kinda hoping to get that autoflower look well a bunch of big fat colas sticking out from the pot but then I probably shouldn't guide too much but more gently pulse them upwards and outwards.

Yes it's a bit tight on the bottom, but I dunno, I like to see it :)
Maybe I should try that porcupine method where you put a stick to every branch and then you can keep adjusting each branch individually in height.

Ah and you top, yeah I wasn't really planning on doing that, although I could roll out the top on of them to see how that goes. hmmm
IMG_1694891706395.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom