Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Thx Scrub. ;)

I just chatted with Curso too. He said to break some legs on that 8bk. I'm gonna do it...I gotta do it. The lights are to the stops and the only height adjustment I have left is doubling the cables (nets me about 4 more inches), so I'm going to try to hold off doing that until they finish their stretch. It's almost done from all indications.

:cool:

Yeah, I dunno man. Running GLR is supposed to minimize stretch too. Even her clones got real stretchy. If I run this pheno again, I'll definitely train her harder. Hell, I can't even quite spread out the blue dream right now, no space in the footprint. But it's all good. They're pretty happy right now.

IMO, HB opens up potentially all sorts of new phenos. I dont think in most areas where this incredible plant grows, ever get exposed to a near perfect environment as Doc and the others have created in their own space...and it grows great almost everywhere it has the chance to adapt to. Just think ...years of perfecting the art of perfection.. :)

Twilight Zone X Outer Limits :thumb:

Can you tell im cooking with herb and licking the utensils :)

IMO, HB opens up potentially all sorts of new phenos. I dont think in most areas where this incredible plant grows, ever get exposed to a near perfect environment as Doc and the others have created in their own space...and it grows great almost everywhere it has the chance to adapt to. Just think ...years of perfecting the art of perfection.. :)

Twilight Zone X Outer Limits :thumb:

Can you tell im cooking with herb and licking the utensils :)

I saw some of those tasty treats you've made. I'd be licking the spoons too man. :cool:

Yes, 8bk is a hybrid and the kit may simply drag out the sativa in her. That little 8bk is now 6ft tall...seriously.

I bubbled 3 gals of RO water, 7ml cationic drench, 2ml transplant and 2.5ml tea and split it between all 7 plants this morning. The Blue Dream's buds are all the size of golf balls already and the 8bk's slightly smaller, but both have just passed bud-set.

Like they say on those beer commercials...here we go!

:peace::cool:

Hello Gov, great grow you have going on here.

I just got caught up this morning. Someone else said it earlier. Its funny how you have a path laid out and the more you read the more the path changes. I think I finally have myself on the right path.

I
hello gov, great grow you have going on here.

That's when i get in trouble. When things go smoothly. I haven't found that path yet.

I just got caught up this morning. Someone else said it earlier. Its funny how you have a path laid out and the more you read the more the path changes. I think i finally have myself on the right path.

It's only been a couple days, but this is a small peek at what the Blue Dream is up to.

20150121_043643.jpg

20150121_043705.jpg

20150121_043643_-_Windows_Photo_Viewer_2015-01-21_06-13-50.jpg

Also, on the 8bk I noticed some of the lower leaves down in the core of the plant have had some mild issue. Under the LED's it's difficult at times to spot some of this, but once I plucked them and laid them out, I figured a pic would be best instead of trying to figure out what it was on my own.

20150121_044449.jpg

This isn't over the entire plant, but was broad enough for me to take notice and as stated, is mostly down deeper on the plant and seems fairly localized. I've read some older journals on the 8bk in soil and it was labeled a "nute pig" so she may just need something more, but I will continue to run it "by the book" for now.

It's only been a couple days, but this is a small peek at what the Blue Dream is up to.

20150121_043643.jpg

20150121_043705.jpg

20150121_043643_-_Windows_Photo_Viewer_2015-01-21_06-13-50.jpg

Also, on the 8bk I noticed some of the lower leaves down in the core of the plant have had some mild issue. Under the LED's it's difficult at times to spot some of this, but once I plucked them and laid them out, I figured a pic would be best instead of trying to figure out what it was on my own.

20150121_044449.jpg

This isn't over the entire plant, but was broad enough for me to take notice and as stated, is mostly down deeper on the plant and seems fairly localized. I've read some older journals on the 8bk in soil and it was labeled a "nute pig" so she may just need something more, but I will continue to run it "by the book" for now.

Low down on the plant......but the upper portions look fine? I'd say they're not getting light down there and these are the first of the fans to die and fall off....which is totally normal.

Yeah, thanks for that Doc. They ARE down low on the plant. Not to the bottom though, but deep. I think they also had some minor pooling on the leaves of brix last time I sprayed (my first use of my Solo sprayer...lol), and all the top growth looks good...except that one branch that grew PAST the light already. :straightface:

Yeah, thanks for that Doc. They ARE down low on the plant. Not to the bottom though, but deep. I think they also had some minor pooling on the leaves of brix last time I sprayed (my first use of my Solo sprayer...lol), and all the top growth looks good...except that one branch that grew PAST the light already. :straightface:

Sounds just fine.

What sometimes happens is that for whatever reason, the plant begins to outgrow it's ability to feed itself, either through poor root development or lack of soil energy or both.

The foliars sort of trick it into growing more than it should, and eventually something has to give so the lower fans start digesting. A good watering when they need it, followed by some DeStress about 3 days after that usually gets the job done.

Everything is looking great.

Keep it up!

Thanks...will do :thumb:

So, the 8bk hempy finally got the machete. Full 7 day flush and she was ready. I apologize up front for the pics as I only thought of it as an afterthought...selfishly. In fact, these are through the first stage only. We were still cutting when these were taken, and lemme tell you, that shit was everywhere. It smelled funky as hell and permeated everything in the room...it was nice.

20150121_122806.jpg

She had a nice rootball that filled the entire 3.25 gal bucket...

20150121_123134.jpg

I always laugh when I see these big plants and the rapid rooter in the roots

20150121_123837.jpg

like I said, for these pics we were still in motion and prepping to wash...

20150121_153921.jpg

20150121_153909.jpg

20150121_151841.jpg

Hard training made some big muscles

20150121_222000.jpg

So, this is the last chapter in the hempy portion of this journal. I will certainly post more details later on, but getting this thing down and properly harvested is still on tap. I will dry them on the stem and am keeping the tent at 70f/50% rh they should be good in 4-5 days and be ready to come off the stems and into the c-vaults.

I haven't sampled any of the flowers, but my buddy and I both had a serious ball of scissor hash...hell yes we smoked it. That special treat of the freshest terpene-rich resin you can get as our very first taste of the produce was so satisfying. A little rough and grassy but so lively with every flavor too :passitleft:

We're going to dry it all for a few days and make some 200 proof EHO. We have all the trim and a handful of fluff in the freezer to make some bubble hash tomorrow as well. Should be a fun weekend.

Sounds great man keep us updated, Im chopping down my pineapple chunk in 8 days so I'll be running that same gauntlet!
Really nice harvest man.

Awesome gov, congrats from down under....

Very nice Gov! I can almost smell the goodies!

Back
Top Bottom