Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

I should not need to move them far Hemp, as my flower room is 5 feet wide and 13 feet long so I figure I will just need to turn them a bit to give them even light all the way around:) At least I hope, I have metal rods in my back and hardware all over my broken body. If I need to move them far I may need to consume more meds:smokin:

LOL...consume more meds if I need to move them...LOL. Nice. Just wanted to comment about your watering. I always water so that I get quite a bit runoff in order to get rid of any built up salts. I usually get about a quart or 2 of runoff from each bucket. :Namaste:

I always water so that I get quite a bit runoff in order to get rid of any built up salts. I usually get about a quart or 2 of runoff from each bucket.

Cool bro, thanks. I will need to adjust my method to deal with that as I assume we do not want to have 2 inches of water for the buckets to sit in.

LOL...consume more meds if I need to move them...LOL. Nice.

We must do what we need to do my friend, someone has to:) I think the state should revise the plant count to take into account all the physical activity involved in growing our own!!
:peace:

I just tested the PH level of my water and it appears to be around 7.0. In Jorges Growing Bible he says the desired range is 6.5-7.0. On the side of the tester it says "most plants" should be in the 5.5-6.5 range I think.

Is my 7.0 ok or should I try to lower it a tad?

Should I flush them with a few gallons of H2O each?

Should I wait till they dry out a bit before I flush?

I assume we do not want to have 2 inches of water for the buckets to sit in.

That's correct my friend, you do not want them to sit in water for sure. You want them drying out.

I just tested the PH level of my water and it appears to be around 7.0. In Jorges Growing Bible he says the desired range is 6.5-7.0. On the side of the tester it says "most plants" should be in the 5.5-6.5 range I think.

Is my 7.0 ok or should I try to lower it a tad?

Should I flush them with a few gallons of H2O each?

Should I wait till they dry out a bit before I flush?

Test your runoff. Ideally it should be 6.5-6.8. I don't know if I stated it here or on another journal, I have a pH problem with the runoff myself. It is consistently too low. I water my plants with water pH of 8.5 and the runoff is still between 5.5 and 6.

Flushing will not hurt your plants so you can do it for sure. It will take out the excess nutrients and salts out of the medium and make your plans happier.

If they are getting nute burn you should flush as soon as possible...but on the other hand your plants don't look that bad so a waiting a couple days won't hurt that much. Hope this helps.

I would say you can wait to flush until you were going to water. And you can ussually get away with using a little less than 3x, the idea is to push all of the built up salts out fully and start from scratch with fresh water.
You should proberly lower the ph a little, but your not in too bad shape where your at. My tap water is over 8, I have been buying spring water and using melted snow and rain water for this grow to avoid using the tap water.

I don't really bother with the run off, but some people do, it can't hurt though.

I don't really bother with the run off, but some people do, it can't hurt though.

I with NEPharmer about measuring the run-off. I flushed (4X volume) with 7.5 ph and still get 5.5-6 in the run-off. It was driving me crazy, my plants are very healthy with not nute problems. Now I do not measure. F--k the run-off.

F--k the run-off.

LOL Placerville!

I could not wait to flush as my 3 biggest and healthiest plants started getting some burn on the lower leaves. I only did 2 gallons of RO water per plant, they are in 1 gallon buckets, I hope that was enough. A lot of the perlite came to the top and the whole medium compacted down a bit. I did test the run off and it dropped to about 6.5, it was 7.0 when I started.

Should I add more soil to the mix as it is lower now?

Should I hit them with some more water as I only did 2 x volume?

What is the best way to test the PH?

I was getting low on my water resevoir so that is why I only did 2 gallons per but i do have enough to run another gallon through each. I use a little PH test kit that I drop 3-5 drops of stuff in the sample of the water and shake it then match the color to a chart. Not very scientific as you are ball parking the color. I will take more pictures soon.

You can add more soil, it won't hurt.

Your flush should be sufficient, now wait and see how they react

best way to test the pH is with a "pen" tester.

You can add more soil, it won't hurt.

Your flush should be sufficient, now wait and see how they react

best way to test the pH is with a "pen" tester.

Thanks Hemp! I will get some pics up soon. My girls are doing ok but on the Blue Mystics some of the fan leaves dried up, same on the Auroras. I added a bit of dirt to some of them and trimmed a couple dead leaves, hope they bounce back. THe growth below the fan leave still look healthy though, i think that is a fairly good sign. My big 3 Blue mystics are about 8 inches, the Aroras are still pretty small but getting some vertical growth.

I think I may need to water them tomorrow and if I do I may try to start bending a few to see how it goes.

420_mag_00113.JPG

BM # 5 LST

420_mag_00213.JPG

BM #1 LST

420_mag_00312.JPG

BM # 2 LST

420_mag_00411.JPG

BM #4 this was one of my struggling ladies right out of th egate

420_mag_00511.JPG

BM #3

420_mag_00612.JPG

Northern Lights #5

420_mag_0079.JPG

NL #2

420_mag_0089.JPG

NL #3

420_mag_0098.JPG

NL#1

420_mag_0107.JPG

NL #4

420_mag_0117.JPG

Aurora Indica #1 got cooked, should i be trimming those burnt leaves?

420_mag_0126.JPG

AI#2

420_mag_0134.JPG

Canopy after LST

420_mag_0143.JPG

Canopy after LST. Before my lights looked like they were popping a wheelie, the 3 Blue Mystics were around 9 inches tall and the others were far behind in vertical growth.

Should I be trimming the burnt leaves? I did on some but did not want to on all.

Canopy after LST. Before my lights looked like they were popping a wheelie, the 3 Blue Mystics were around 9 inches tall and the others were far behind in vertical growth.

Should I be trimming the burnt leaves? I did on some but did not want to on all.

The burnt leaves will probably come right off within a day or so...yes, I would pull off the dead ones. You are going thru what I went thru with not being sure whether to flush or not and when to do it. Point is the Aurora's look like they are suffering from a nitrogen deficiency after this most recent flush.

I want to make sure you understand - I'M NOT AN EXPERT!!! What I did do at the end of my first grow was pick up a book called "Marijuana Garden Saver" by J.C. Stitch - great book and I would highly recommend getting a copy. The pic that most closely matches your Aurora's suggests a Nitro deficiency. I would venture to guess that if you search the 420 site for previous Aurora grows you would probably find the Aurora's to be heavy eaters...just a guess.

The whole flushing issue seems to be a difficult thing to get experts on this site to weigh in on. Should you flush every thirty days or not, if not then what should you do? Man I have tried to get an answer to this and no luck. His/her point is we are basically growing roots and whatever stress we put the plant under will show up in the leaves (see whole post).

I think what drives me nuts is Jorge Cervantes says flush every 30 days to get rid of plant wastes. On the other hand, I have seen numerous posts on this site that say if you have a 10%-30% run off each H2O watering (no nutes) then you should not have to flush (if using organic soil/nutes). For me to do a 3x-pot size-H2O flush is a BIG DEAL - all 5 gal pails for me - no sink, no drain...booohooo, poor me! Point is if I don't have to do it then I don't wanna do it... extra runoff every watering is easier to deal with than a massive bucket brigade every 30 days. Took me 3 eight hour days and nearly 300 gallons of H2O to do one complete flush of all my plants...all with 5 gallon pails!

I just started my next grow and I still am not sure if ya gotta flush every 30 days or not! :helpsmilie:

:morenutes:
:goodjob:
:peacetwo:

420_mag_00214.JPG

Blue Mystic #2 4 hours after I tied her down!!

420_mag_00114.JPG

Blue Mystic #5 4 hours after I tied her down:)

What I did do at the end of my first grow was pick up a book called "Marijuana Garden Saver" by J.C. Stitch - great book and I would highly recommend getting a copy. The pic that most closely matches your Aurora's suggests a Nitro deficiency.

Pop Kulture, thanks for all the good info bro, I really appreciate your help. Also appreciate that you are not an expert, we are all learning all the time and I am a big boy so if I take one persons advice or another it is my decision and do not cry over me f ing something up!! I have learned a lot from you guys that are following my grow and can not thank you all enough! I will pick up the book by J.C. Stich and I know what you mean on the flush, took me a couple hours and beat my back up. Almost drained my whole resevoir so I am trying to fill that back up but I am definitley taxing my little RO system. It connects to my fridge so my wife gets pissed if I just let it drain the tank into my resevoir so I am trying to do it a little at a time to replenish!

I am amazed what has happened in the last 4 hours, I know it is what is supposed to happen but it is freaking cool! The tops are turning back up and the future bud sites are reaching up and getting more light! Duh, that is what is supposed to happen but i didnt break any of my little girls limbs and I think I did her a favor! Or me a favor I guess but you know what I mean, I am just stoked, learning so much from this first grow I can not even tell you. By the time this grow is finished I will be starting it up again in late spring, early summer and then have to learn a lot of other stuff probably related to heat and whatever else may creep into the mix. Bottom line is I am sure I will be learning for years, just some what happy that i havent killed any of them yet. I am sure Nirvana's genetics have something to do with that too. My NL#4 and BM#4 were both looking so bad I almost axed them to plant some new ones and although they are not the tallest in my garden, they both look pretty good i think.

Off to The Furthur show fat sack of Blackberry and a chunk of bubble hash in hand!
Peace,
NEPharmer
:yahoo::ganjamon:

Pop Kulture, thanks for all the good info bro, I really appreciate your help. Also appreciate that you are not an expert, we are all learning all the time and I am a big boy so if I take one persons advice or another it is my decision and do not cry over me f ing something up!! I have learned a lot from you guys that are following my grow and can not thank you all enough!

Amen brother! :rollit:

I spent over a year studying and reading about how to grow this magical plant...not 'till I actually completed my own grow did I grasp what the heck I was reading about. Its all about the hands-on!

Researching the art and science of marijuana cultivation is like trying to get a drink out of a fire hose...so many different methodologies and approaches to choose from and so many opinions on how to do it. Gotta do it to appreciate what its like to balance air, soil, water and TLC!

:peacetwo:

Off to The Furthur show fat sack of Blackberry and a chunk of bubble hash in hand!

Awesome NEPharmer! Great way to roll no pun intended! I can not wait to see the boys play again, either individualy or together. I have not been to a show in too long, can not even remember. Back when Jerry was alive I used to get to 5-10 shows a year. My friends Dad used to be in the "family", she just had to make a phone call and it was back stage for all of us!! I hope you had a great time:yummy:

Researching the art and science of marijuana cultivation is like trying to get a drink out of a fire hose...

LOL Pop Kulture, great analogy! I am going to try to pick up that book today to help me diagnose my ladies a little better. Lots to learn for sure.

Not a good time!!!! The ticket co sent me the wrong tickets!!! I ordered Sunday night and they sent me Saturday!!! I got to the ticket scaner, adt the lady thought I was trying to pull some sh*t using last nights ticket for tonight. I'm sooooo pissed!!! I was pumped for the show and that killed me. I'm calling now, they better give my money back!!

Not a good time!!!! The ticket co sent me the wrong tickets!!! I ordered Sunday night and they sent me Saturday!!! I got to the ticket scaner, adt the lady thought I was trying to pull some sh*t using last nights ticket for tonight. I'm sooooo pissed!!! I was pumped for the show and that killed me. I'm calling now, they better give my money back!!

Dude that blows. I am so sorry to hear that man, they better give you your money back. I had tickets for a 3 day show in Oakland CA and got thrown in the clink before the first show, got out to see the 3rd one though. That was a little bit of a bigger bummer than last night cause you got to sleep in your own bed! I hope that makes you feel a little better. F ing cops took my nitrous and I am sure had a buddy selling baloons around the corner from where I was. The are supposed to crack them when they take them and drain all the gas, they didnt and I know those f ers sold it. I was just an enterprising young college student whose buddy screwed up and had a bad show! Or a no show I should say! LOL.

Sorry bro, not trying t make light of the sitiation just trying to cheer you up!

420_Mag_00115.JPG

Blue Mystic #4

420_Mag_00215.JPG

BM #3

420_Mag_00313.JPG

BM #5

420_Mag_00412.JPG

NL#5

420_Mag_00512.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_00613.JPG

BM #1

420_Mag_00710.JPG

NL#2

420_Mag_00810.JPG

NL#4

420_Mag_0099.JPG

NL#1

420_Mag_0108.JPG

NL #3

420_Mag_0118.JPG

AI#1

420_Mag_0127.JPG

AI#2

420_Mag_0135.JPG

This is bumming me out

420_Mag_0144.JPG

Those little brown spots start to grow and then turn the leaves totally brown and then die.

420_Mag_0153.JPG

The leaves are also showing sharp ridges on some of them which I can not figure out the problem either.

420_Mag_0163.JPG

420_Mag_0172.JPG

This one the brown spots took over and killed her lower leaf.

Not sure what is going on here but I am trying to pin point, got that Garden saver book from J.C. Stitch and Ed Rosenthal yesterday and it does look like it could be nitrogen deficiency but the guys at the grow store said it looked like something else. They said to try some Bio Root (1-1-1) and some CaMg+. I did add a little to the watering last night, as of this morning it doesnt look like anything is happening yet. I am at my wits end, they start to do well then go the other direction. The guys at the store say it is time for nutes at this stage but I know it also could be nute burn from the soil. The plants started to go down hill about the time I was going to start introducing nutes, that is why I did give them a weak dose on 2 occassions. Oh well I will find out if the Bio Root and Cal Mag do any good.

Back
Top Bottom