Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

one question that has been nagging my mind.

im kinda thinking that with no leaves the plant transpires a lot less, meaning the whole fluid transit system is slower.
do you think that because of this a plant should be watered a little less and with less nutes than the same strain with all its leaves?

You're right; I think a defoliated plant will use much less water after being stripped of it's leaves, so yes in soil you may have to water less often as the soil will retain water and it could become waterlogged if you water as often as when it had all its leaves.
I'm using hydro (DWC) so I shouldn't have to alter anything, just keep it exactly the same with the same nute concentrations, but I envisage I'll need to top up the res less often with a defoliated plant than one with all of its leaves, at least until it re-leafs and begins to transpire more again.

Day 7 from when she broke the surface of the rockwool (15 days from when she was planted after her 24h soak). Suddenly realising how much slower the regular photoperiods are compared to the autos - the second seed I got when I thought the first was a dud hasn't broken the rockwool yet either and she's been in 5 days, yet her tap root was out through the seed within 12h of soaking, much faster than the first. All looks healthy though so no complaints, just need to accept I have to be more patient!

IMG_102911.JPG

IMG_102713.JPG

IMG_102818.JPG

Thanks Spring - I'd love to get those colours too, but sadly I don't think I'll be able to drop the night temps sufficiently. Part of me also thinks it's probably just marketing shots! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed though- it would be amazing if the buds looked like that at the end!

Ha ha; I'd love to get AC but it might be a bit over the top given the size of my grow space - the unit would probably just about fill it and I'd be growing an AC unit and not plants!!

Day 16: I'll wait for her to get a big bigger and the branches to develop and then take a couple of clones ready to start the first part of the experiment as the Auto Bomb finishes

IMG_107612.JPG

IMG_107912.JPG

IMG_108114.JPG

Day 22 and she's doing well. Not much branch development yet and she's getting tall so I decided to top her to encourage the branches and give me some sites to clone before she gets too big.
She's starting to smell absolutely beautiful - I can't wait until I flower her!
IMG_110215.JPG
IMG_110313.JPG
IMG_110516.JPG
IMG_110613.JPG

Day 26 and 4 days since I topped. She seems to be responding well.

Did the weekly res change. Holding the EC at 1.3 with pH set to 5.8. I'll take a couple of clones once she's a bit bushier and the tops and some branches have developed

IMG_112120.JPG

IMG_112015.JPG

IMG_111812.JPG

IMG_111911.JPG

looking really good bro:bravo:.Im pretty sure we have the same pheno:)I was reading page 2 where you said you were hoping for colour.as I understand it,with this strain you either have the purple pheno or you dont,dropping the temps down to 65 degrees during the dark cycle will bring purple highlights out of alot of strains but will rarely turn the nugs "purple".Im hoping we both have that beautiful purple pheno....if it exists lol.I have 6 more berrybomb seeds sitting on the bench and a few ice bomb as well:)I posted a couple pics of my berrybomb,it seems to respond really well to lst training.I just topped all the secondary tops and im keeping the main top at the level as the secondaries slowly wrapping it around the pot,its gonna be a neat looking bush when im done with her:) It will be interesting to compare our results,my berrybomb is in soil and is beeing fed gh 3 part flora.your results will probably be the deciding factor on whether I put it into the big system or not:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom