Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

looking really good bro:bravo:.Im pretty sure we have the same pheno:)I was reading page 2 where you said you were hoping for colour.as I understand it,with this strain you either have the purple pheno or you dont,dropping the temps down to 65 degrees during the dark cycle will bring purple highlights out of alot of strains but will rarely turn the nugs "purple".Im hoping we both have that beautiful purple pheno....if it exists lol.I have 6 more berrybomb seeds sitting on the bench and a few ice bomb as well:)I posted a couple pics of my berrybomb,it seems to respond really well to lst training.I just topped all the secondary tops and im keeping the main top at the level as the secondaries slowly wrapping it around the pot,its gonna be a neat looking bush when im done with her:) It will be interesting to compare our results,my berrybomb is in soil and is beeing fed gh 3 part flora.your results will probably be the deciding factor on whether I put it into the big system or not:ganjamon:

It would be amazing to get that colour. Part of me thinks they airbrushed that photo though!! I love the big fat leaves its got and the smell is lovely; she smells a lot stronger than the auto bomb.

I'm watching your lst and topping closely; I've not done it before but once I've rooted a couple of clones from this one I'll choose the strongest and then start training, supper cropping and topping to fill a screen so I'm learning a lot from your journal. I'll also start the defoliation.

I'm thinking with a well filled screen I could squeeze a reasonable amount from the space I've got. I think if i get an oz or more from this auto it should be possible to get around 4oz from the berry bomb, but we'll see.

one thing I noticed,with this pheno anyways is the secondary growth is a little slow.I was just going to top her a few times to get the bush im looking for but when I saw this I decided to go with the lst training first and then top everything.
IMAG031511.jpg

IMAG031810.jpg

IMAG031713.jpg

IMAG031616.jpg

IMAG031913.jpg

IMAG032014.jpg

one thing I noticed,with this pheno anyways is the secondary growth is a little slow.I was just going to top her a few times to get the bush im looking for but when I saw this I decided to go with the lst training first and then top everything.
IMAG031511.jpg

IMAG031810.jpg

IMAG031713.jpg

IMAG031616.jpg

IMAG031913.jpg

IMAG032014.jpg

She's looking amazing Jon. I love the training. Can't really say if the smell's lime, I've not really thought about it! I'll pay more attention when I'm next up there and let you know!

Now the Auto Bomb's been harvested I changed everything round yesterday. I had a big clean and wash down of all the kit and the grow cupboard itself and everything was disinfected. I've moved the Berry Bomb mother up to the main room and took two cuttings which are now rooting in the smaller room.

This is now Day 1 of the experiment and the nutrient schedule etc will be recorded for these clones from this point on so that the next, non-defoliated grow can be kept exactly the same. Once these clones have rooted I'll choose the strongest one and that will move up to the bigger room where it will be super-cropped, scrogged and defoliated. The mother will move back down to the propogating/veg room for maintenance. I'll clone her again and repeat all this once I've harvested this crop, and the next will get exactly the same but won't be defoliated.

It's a really long-winded way of doing things and it will add weeks to the overall grow time - a lot of me just wants to continue to veg and flower the mother and not piss about. I do want to see what kind of difference defoliation actually makes though, and with the limited space I've got this is really the only way I can do it which allows the variables to be kept exactly the the same between the grows.

IMG_115410.JPG

IMG_11579.JPG

IMG_116212.JPG

IMG_116012.JPG

IMG_116311.JPG

whats your defol strategy? all those big leaves would be gone already if it was me, lol ;)

I agree! But that one's the mother so it'll get left alone. The strongest of the two clones will get defoliated, and once that's flowered and harvested I'll clone the mother again and then flower the next one but won't defoliate it. Then I can compare accurately what difference defoliation makes

im in looking good i wanted to get my hands on berry bomb strain if this turns out good i think im going to lol cheers man looking health!

Cheers mate, great to have you along.

It's been 48hrs since I took the clones and they're doing well - no wilting at all and they look nice and healthy. I deliberately took small ones and also cut the leaves in half to reduce transpiration and wilting until the roots have started to form and it seems to have worked, which is nice.

Day 7: The cuttings appear to have rooted and are doing well. I'm keeping the EC at 1.1 for the moment. When I next change the res at Day 14 hopefully they'll be some new growth and I'll increase the EC to 1.3

2012-11-05_001_2012-11-05_006.JPG

2012-11-05_001_2012-11-05_004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom