Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

Tremendous news, sounds like the next stage has begun! :bravo:

Yes, finally! Slow old process though. Particularly as the mother's looking really nice and is getting to the perfect size for some training and defoliation. But patience is a virtue and all that. And I do like an experiment

hey green knight i just got my hands on a fem berry bomb,fem white widow, and fem ice bomb cant wait to start them !

Nice! Widow's on my list of must grows when I eventually get round to it (after the two Berry Bomb grows i'll grow a Super Lemon Haze, and Widow may be after that!)

Ice Bomb sounds nice so I'm keen to see how it turns out for you- I nearly chose that instead of the berry bomb but I got seduced by the seed co.'s picture of the berry bomb!

Nice update dude! Now you see i love the fact that you love a good experiment cos then i can just sit back read your findings and save myself the hassle of doin it! :thumb:
Reps to ya brother for havin an inquisitive mind!

Cheers Tony - and thanks for the reps mate, very much appreciated

I'm keen to make the experiment as robust as possible and get decent results on the difference defoliation actually makes - there seems to be very little in the way of direct controlled comparisons and I'm curious!

I'm keen to make the experiment as robust as possible and get decent results on the difference defoliation actually makes - there seems to be very little in the way of direct controlled comparisons and I'm curious!

If you are going to defoliate first, I am curious how long you will resist defoliating the second!

Looking forward to seeing this!!
:popcorn:

Nice! Widow's on my list of must grows when I eventually get round to it (after the two Berry Bomb grows i'll grow a Super Lemon Haze, and Widow may be after that!)

Ice Bomb sounds nice so I'm keen to see how it turns out for you- I nearly chose that instead of the berry bomb but I got seduced by the seed co.'s picture of the berry bomb!

yeah eh check out single seed canada i got a fem white widow from vision seed for $6.04!

So the clones are now at Day 14 and starting to grow. I think the one on the left is going to be the winner and she has good root growth. I've now increased the EC to 1.3.
IMG_12576.JPG

IMG_12586.JPG

IMG_12595.JPG

The mother's looking very healthy and smells quite strong. I'm looking forward to when the clone's this size and I can start thinking about flowering.
IMG_12557.JPG

IMG_12568.JPG

So, it's Day 22 from when I took the clones. Both have rooted but its now time for the winner to move up to the flowering room:
IMG_12633.JPG

IMG_128210.JPG

I've fimed her and I think that by next weekend she will be ready for her first full defoliation.

Earlier this week I also had a bit of a play with supercropping, and beat the shit out of the mother. I need to prune her anyway to make her smaller so I can drop her back down to the veg room so thought i had nothing to lose and could be a bit aggressive. A couple of the branches snapped part way through. I didn't bother taping, just let them be. Anyway, four days afterwards there's a full recovery, and the branches that were snapped are absolutely fine. She looks lovely and I would love to her flower her. But that would ruin the experiment.
IMG_126210.JPG

She needs to be made quite a bit smaller to fit back in the veg room, so I have her a prune. A proper one. If anyone has any doubts about the resilience of these plants then look away now, but I'm 100% confident she will make a full recovery and I'll be able to take good clones off her for the next round

IMG_12648.JPG

IMG_126910.JPG

The roots have got to a really good size but they also need a trim:
IMG_12689.JPG
IMG_12758.JPG
IMG_12767.JPG

IMG_12859.JPG

I've dropped the EC on the mother down to 1.1 for the next week whilst she recovers. The clone that's been moved up to the main room is at EC 1.3 where she'll stay until I switch the lights in a few weeks. In the meantime she will be stripped and bent

Wow! I could not look away because I thought there is no way it can be that scary!?... Man I was shocked. Had to go back and look at her twice! This is the first time I have seen roots trimmed back so much. Im sure she will be fine! I will keep watching.

Fantastic job, looking forward to seeing her after another couple of sessions of topiary:thumb:

Is the clone going into the flowering room to flower or veg some more?

She's got a few weeks of veg ahead of her. I'm going to leave her alone this week and then depending how things go she'll get her first full strip of leaves next weekend. As she gets a bit larger and more branches develop I'll also start supercropping her, and then looking to flip the lights in about 3 weeks or so

Back
Top Bottom