GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

Magnificent depth of field on that photo. That is much better than what I see with my manual 90x.
I bought a cheap 30x loupe that I hope will have views this good.

Thanks Rado!

I'm actually quite impressed with my $35 purchase!!

I had to buy a $50 external DVD writer in order to upload the program to use the microscope, but i can simply return it to best buy today or tomorrow for a full refund!!

I love that Ladygreenthum is a registered user - thats F-in awesome!!

Congrats to you. lol

Wish you lived in the states - My wife would get along great with her. lol

I love that Ladygreenthum is a registered user - thats F-in awesome!!

Congrats to you. lol

Wish you lived in the states - My wife would get along great with her. lol

There are always vacations! She should sign up, lots of fun stuff to talk about.

Magnificent depth of field on that photo. That is much better than what I see with my manual 90x.
I bought a cheap 30x loupe that I hope will have views this good.

This supposedly is a 20-200x microscope, but i'm going to go with more like just 200x

I'm not sure if it really is, but i have a 20x handheld loupe that sucks ass! come to think of it, this microscope is about 10x stronger magnification.

Theres no zoom feature, just a focus wheel to focus on the object you are viewing.

But, i have to say, i am liking what i am seeing from it.

I just took a look at some Tuna kush i just picked up and many of the buds are very ripe, with loads of amber trichomes.

I'm expecting a bong hit of some ground buds, and a nice scoop of dry kief from the grinder i have, to put me in the mood to veg on the couch under the basking light of my big screen TV haha

This supposedly is a 20-200x microscope, but i'm going to go with more like just 200x

I'm not sure if it really is, but i have a 20x handheld loupe that sucks ass! come to think of it, this microscope is about 10x stronger magnification.

Theres no zoom feature, just a focus wheel to focus on the object you are viewing.

But, i have to say, i am liking what i am seeing from it.

I just took a look at some Tuna kush i just picked up and many of the buds are very ripe, with loads of amber trichomes.

I'm expecting a bong hit of some ground buds, and a nice scoop of dry kief from the grinder i have, to put me in the mood to veg on the couch under the basking light of my big screen TV haha

Tuna Kush... :rofl: <<< what we were just talking about in the other journal. :rofl:

Send me a link to that scope. I know the higher the magnification, the lower the depth of field. I'd like to check it out.

I cant remember we talk about so much.

But dont laugh about the name.. Tuna kush has been around for awhile. It used to be packed into tuna cans back in the day.. Google it!!

Anyways Capn, i took your advice about a larger water pump for the drip system. As usual you are right. My 700 GPH Mag drive pump which i planned to use for my RDWC pumps the right amount of water through the PVC and waters my Air Pots like magic.

Also, the wooden frame for the flood table is what i should have done from the start. Its so sturdy, and the fact that its wood, means i can nail and screw things on to it. Like a SCROG!!! Either wooden or PVC. Or Hooks to tie down branches with.

So i'm just kind of thinking out loud here, about my plans for my grow.

- Get a 4x8 tent and dedicate it to Veg.
- Put Three 2'x4' flood tables on wooden stands in tent
- Each flood table is on its own drip system
- Each flood table has a 4 foot, 2 or 4 bulb T5 fixture over top
- Each flood table holds 2 plants:
2 Plants for RDWC
2 Plants for Grow box
2 plants for Capn-style flower set ups (one in big tent, one in small tent)

Estimated cost for this Veg upgrade:

Tent = $200
Flood Tables = 3x $46= $138
T5 Lights = 3x $106 = $318 for 4' 2-bulb fuxture
Or
T5 Lights = 3x $162 = $486 for 4' 4-bulb fixture
wood = $30.

Around $700-800 for my new veg area.....

looks like that wont be happening anytime soon!

Anyways Capn, i took your advice about a larger water pump for the drip system. As usual you are right. My 700 GPH Mag drive pump which i planned to use for my RDWC pumps the right amount of water through the PVC and waters my Air Pots like magic.

>>>Get a 4x8 tent and dedicate it to Veg.
Sounds good. Rough rule of thumb is veg needs to be 1/3-1/2 the size of flower, so that should last you a long time!

>>>Put Three 2'x4' flood tables on wooden stands in tent

4x4 outside dimension might be too big. Need to measure before you buy.

>>>Around $700-800 for my new veg area.....

Don't worry, you will be there before you know it. And it will give you time to really ponder what you want. You'll change things around a few times before you're done, I'm sure. With each harvest you can buy something new to get to your end goal. Soon, Lady GT will be asking you for "robs". :)

Can you tell me are T5 the best tubes? Do the T8 or is it T12 provide more light?

You can check on Wikipedia for specifics, but T5 is actually the T5ho (high output) and is superior in size, temperature, reliability, and often pure power to consumer T8 and T12. For a small space, CFL 23watt light bulb style. Growing Everything else T5.

LED is now very and price competitive to T5, at least for veg.
LED also cheaper and cooler than HPS for flowering.

>>>T5 is actually the T5ho (high output) and is superior in size, temperature, reliability, and often pure power to consumer T8 and T12. For a small space, CFL 23watt light bulb style.

Agreed!

>>>Growing Everything else T5.

Huh? Is that a sentence?

>>>LED also cheaper and cooler than HPS for flowering.

Cooler? Maybe. Cheaper? No. watt for watt, LED is about 3 times the cost of HPS.

>>>

Of course you would!!

>>> Rough rule of thumb is veg needs to be 1/3-1/2 the size of flower

My flower space will eventually be an 8x8 tent (not all space used as i need to move around to work in there, plus no need to get crowded in there! i want all the plants to have their own space to grow in.) a 4x4 tent (most all the space will be used in here) and the growbox.

8x8 tent wil have 3-4 plants depending how many lights i stuff in there (i'm thinking only 3 plants, 3 lights). the 4x4 tent will most likely have One Capn-style plant in there. and the grow box, i plan to do mini Capn-style chongers in there, Only 2!

I'm thinking that the 3 flood tables will be perfect size for 6 plants on different schedules and such.

>>> 4x4 outside dimension might be too big. Need to measure before you buy.

I dont understand this at all.. how do you get 4x4? I want to put 3x flood tables that are 2'x4' in size in a 4x8 tent. I'm going to draw this in a few moments to illustrate how i plan to set this up.

>>> Don't worry, you will be there before you know it. And it will give you time to really ponder what you want. You'll change things around a few times before you're done, I'm sure

How many times have i changed things since we first started talking? hahaha i think that speaks for itself.

I mentioned in my video that i'm going to be changing things over the next few months. I'm going to do another video tomorrow to go over these things.

>>> With each harvest you can buy something new to get to your end goal. Soon, Lady GT will be asking you for "robs". :)

She just said something about this last night i think. Winter time is quickly approaching and she needs some new sweaters and a jacket haha "When are we gona buy me some new winter clothes?" she asked.

Little does she know her Sweater and Jacket money is going into a veg tent haha!!!

(just kidding darling! i know you'll be reading this!!)

>>> Can you tell me are T5 the best tubes

I know dick all about lighting. I forgot to pay attention to that part of Science class. I am slowly re-learning what i missed out on, andther essential things i need to know.

From what i gather, and by judging what kind of florescent lights are in my BC Northern Lights grow box as well as the SuperCloset, i'm going to say that T5's are superior to T8s. T-12 are old and inefficient compared to T8's and T5's.

T5's produce more usable light, produce more Lumens per watt (Lumens is for humans tho, PAR is for plants) and are more efficient than T8's.

But this margin is not very much. Some would argue that T5's aren't worth the extra money when T8's would do the job just fine.

But in all honesty, T5's aren't even that expensive. If you are trying to pinch pennies on your grow, you are going to have product that reflects that. If you spend the little extra, you will be that much better off, and be that much more equipped to pull off a great harvest!

>>> LED is now very and price competitive to T5, at least for veg.

I agree to the price comparison. I can get a 300w LED for the same price i can get a 4ft 4-bulb T5HO fixture

>>> LED also cheaper and cooler than HPS for flowering.

This i might not agree with. Cooler, yes. Cheaper? thats up for argument. Cheaper to operate, yes. Cheaper to buy? most definitely not.

For a 1000w ballast, CoolTube reflector, 1000w HPS and MH bulbs, Timer and Yo-yo i can buy that for $340

For $340 can you find an LED thats the equivalent to a 1000w set up? I strongly doubt it.

Anything near 1000w is well over $400 and up!

What you really need to gauge is how much you are going to lose in yield with LEDs and ask yourself is that worth the extra money?

Personally, no its not worth it. But from what i am seeing from my Twilight LED, LED is great for vegetative growth. Which is why i'm actually considering picking up some topLED's panels. The Old models, the 300w ones that are like $100 or something? and using that in my Veg tent. Then all the plants will be put under HPS for flowering.

>>>T5 is actually the T5ho (high output) and is superior in size, temperature, reliability, and often pure power to consumer T8 and T12. For a small space, CFL 23watt light bulb style.

Agreed!

Huh? Is that a sentence?

Cooler? Maybe. Cheaper? No. watt for watt, LED is about 3 times the cost of HPS.

Of course you manage to reply before me...

>>>

... But from what i am seeing from my Twilight LED, LED is great for vegetative growth. Which is why i'm actually considering picking up some topLED's panels. The Old models, the 300w ones that are like $100 or something? and using that in my Veg tent. Then all the plants will be put under HPS for flowering.

That is my current plan 100x3watt TopLED for veg. HPS 600w for flower.
After that, we will see two people finish up their 432watt Spider COB light grows- those are about $260 and hopefully 600w HPS equivalent.. in time, the buds will tell!

Agreed!

Huh? Is that a sentence?

I felt like I had been stoner stupid right after I posted.
I was also stoner slow in getting back to fix the post.

>>>I dont understand this at all..

Well it depends on the tray. My 36x36 tray is 40" x 40". I guess if they advertise 36, they want to give you the full length.

can't wait to see the new video. Remember, landscape!

I'm just giving you a hard time, buddy. I like reading your post, and I'm looking few to your new lighting set up, whatever you decide.

I've been thinking water, not lights.

I'm going to try a 20 gal fish aquaponics into an ebb and flow 30x20" tray to grow lettuce and garden herbs .

I know you find DWC to be high risk / not worth it. Any complaints about ebb and flow if the fish help keep the water stable?

I've been thinking water, not lights.

I'm going to try a 20 gal fish aquaponics into an ebb and flow 30x20" tray to grow lettuce and garden herbs .

I know you find DWC to be high risk / not worth it. Any complaints about ebb and flow if the fish help keep the water stable?

Hit me up on my Q&A after this one so we don't hijack GT's journal. I like ebb and flow a lot, especially for veg. It's not much different than top feed. Only disadvantage is it requires a larger reservoir, and if a big tray gets wet, that water evaporates and can cause humidity issues.

Aquaponics... Never tried it. But my outdoor garden, all my outdoor plants, are all fed with water from my Koi pond. My banana trees are 15' tall and my coleus are 4' tall, so I know the plants are loving the nitrates. My guess would be that it would be perfect for veg, but too much N for flower.

>>>I dont understand this at all..

Well it depends on the tray. My 36x36 tray is 40" x 40". I guess if they advertise 36, they want to give you the full length.

can't wait to see the new video. Remember, landscape!

My flood table that i bought is 4 feet by 4 feet from edge to edge. The usable space inside the flood table is not 4 feet by 4 feet.. More like less 2" on either side.

The 2x4 flood table is 2 feet by 4 feet. Again, not every inch of the table is usable, i'm sure you know. To build a stand for it similar to what i have for the clones, i would get 2 pieces of 2x4 cut 2 inches shorter than 2 feet and 2 pieces cut to 4 feet in length so that when joined, i have an even (hopefully!) 2'x4' wooden stand for the Flood table to sit in nicely, just like the 4x4 one i have for the clones.

>>> can't wait to see the new video. Remember, landscape!

Will do.. pretty sure i said i was gona film it tomorrow. I cant remember!

Today is The lady any mine's Anniversary so i'm headed off to bed, cause i'm pooched!

Back
Top Bottom