GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

Looking really good GreenThumbJ

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the kind words and likes given, i really appreciate all who stop by and have something to say... even if its just something funny!

I apologize for being a lazy ass and not uploading the video i made the other night.

Truth be told, i was in the middle of filming my closing to the video when some jackass called me, and my Iphone stopped recording the video!!

The grow box had already turned off for the night and i was just bothered that the phone call ruined my great video i had going!!

So i will be waiting until around 845 tonight to take my new video. Will give you all a little update on the grow box, because its a jungle in there and i am very impressed with how the original hydrotub actually performs, as well as my new veg plan area, which is going to double as my drying room until i can get a solid veg schedule going.

Later, just as soon as GreenThumb J cleans up his kitchen from the Greek food he made last night, I plan to start drawing some sketches for my new veg area as well as the construction layout of my monster RDWC system.

Stay green friends!

That is my current plan 100x3watt TopLED for veg. HPS 600w for flower.
After that, we will see two people finish up their 432watt Spider COB light grows- those are about $260 and hopefully 600w HPS equivalent.. in time, the buds will tell!

Rado, pretty sure the Spider COB's are more than 260.. at least thats what Jason from Twilight told me. their site doesn't say.. but if you go to their other twilight website thats hosted by alibaba... it states the price of the Spider COB at 320-400 depending on amount ordered i believe.

I still dont think that 432 LED watts is going to match up to a 600w HPS.

Look at CO Finests harvest with the strawberry blue or whatever plant he flowered with the Spider.. weak looking.

He's a great grower, but LED's simply aren't up to par with HID.

There simply isn't ONE grow around that i have seen that shows an LED match or out perform an equal wattage HID light.

When most people are going for yield, LED's dont stack up against HID's

And theres still no evidence that LED lights grow cannabis with more resin than HID's

The WW i have in flower under my 600w HPS are as frosty as the North Pole. Even the 5 plants i have in my grow box under 2x 400w HPS lights are absolutely caking on the trichomes only 21 days into flower. ( all the strains i have going at the moment are white strains so that should be taken into consideration)

Like Capn says, LED's are 3 times more expensive than an HPS watt for watt. And where you are really going to suffer is in your harvests.

LED's really really good for veg... Not impressive whatsoever in flowering.

I will put that to the test in about 3ish weeks when the BC Sweet Tooth goes into flower under the Twilight 165w Classical LED.

Lo and behold, that light is very good for veg, like i said. I'm very happy with the lack of stretch i've seen under this light, however i feel it needs to be more powerful, in order to get 2 month veg times down to get a decent harvest from a plant. I feel like the HID would take less time to get a plant as big as my LED has. But a couple more runs and i will be able to safely make a comparison for sure.

Rado, pretty sure the Spider COB's are more than 260.. at least thats what Jason from Twilight told me. their site doesn't say.. but if you go to their other twilight website thats hosted by alibaba... it states the price of the Spider COB at 320-400 depending on amount ordered i believe.

I still dont think that 432 LED watts is going to match up to a 600w HPS.

Look at CO Finests harvest with the strawberry blue or whatever plant he flowered with the Spider.. weak looking.

He's a great grower, but LED's simply aren't up to par with HID.

There simply isn't ONE grow around that i have seen that shows an LED match or out perform an equal wattage HID light.

When most people are going for yield, LED's dont stack up against HID's

And theres still no evidence that LED lights grow cannabis with more resin than HID's

The WW i have in flower under my 600w HPS are as frosty as the North Pole. Even the 5 plants i have in my grow box under 2x 400w HPS lights are absolutely caking on the trichomes only 21 days into flower. ( all the strains i have going at the moment are white strains so that should be taken into consideration)

Like Capn says, LED's are 3 times more expensive than an HPS watt for watt. And where you are really going to suffer is in your harvests.

LED's really really good for veg... Not impressive whatsoever in flowering.

I will put that to the test in about 3ish weeks when the BC Sweet Tooth goes into flower under the Twilight 165w Classical LED.

Lo and behold, that light is very good for veg, like i said. I'm very happy with the lack of stretch i've seen under this light, however i feel it needs to be more powerful, in order to get 2 month veg times down to get a decent harvest from a plant. I feel like the HID would take less time to get a plant as big as my LED has. But a couple more runs and i will be able to safely make a comparison for sure.

I stand corrected on the price. I'm waiting for a good harvest on the quality.

I stand corrected on the price. I'm waiting for a good harvest on the quality.

What needs to be done is a Side-by-Side grow using the same nutrient recipe, same room, same media, same genentics, but only difference being one side is grown LED and one side is grown HPS

Only then will we see the true results.

I'm reading all these "HID vs LED" discussions and all people talk when referring to yield is the GPW... yea big deal you get a better Gram per Watt using an LED... you still YIELD LESS per plant per light.

Take a 600w HPS and put it in a comparison to an LED panel.

The LED will produce less heat, yes.
The LED will consume less power, yes.

The LED will yield more per plant than an HPS, NO
The LED will produce more trichomes than an HPS, again not proven.

I said this to KJC in my other journal, because he felt i was being unfair to Twilight in my other journal (which i was not, i am putting Twilight in the same boat as ALL LED's) I made a general statement that LED's dont compare harvest-wise to HPS lighting.

There are reasons why big brand nutrient companies dont use LEDs in their testing facilities
Theres a reason why all the BC Greenhouses here that produce millions of pounds of fruits and veggies a year are using HID lighting during the winter months

There is a reason that the large Medical Marijuana growing facilities here in Canada are not using LED lights. The low operating cost of LED's does not trump the decrease in yield you will see from those same LEDs

These Growing facilities receive government funding as well as they have huge amounts of money to build these facilities. If LEDs were superior to HPS, wouldn't these medical growing facilities use LEDs instead? The HID lights may cost more to run than an LED, but you will consistently be harvesting more per plant, per light with an HID than LED.

The answer simply is that LED's are inferior at this time. I do feel that one day LED's will finally COMPARE to an HID.

Hey Folks, a bit of crappy news!

Went to go upload my video i made tonight, and as it was uploading, i decided to watch it on my Iphone to see how it turned out.......

No god damn sound!!! what the hell!!!

thats 2 nights in a row my video has been foiled!!

Well, i will take a video just as the lights come on tomorrow night at 8 and hope that i can figure out why my video had no sound!!

Figured it out!

Damn Iphones!! i just had to restart my phone and then the damn microphone worked properly!

Well i will try again tomorrow.

Yea i know Capn, put it on Airplane mode AND restart my phone before taking video... landscape... got it!

OK greenthumb J now let me give you some advice on iphones. I worked for apple in the apple care plus phone center (shit job but they don't drug test). I assume you don't have the applecare plus insurance plan that gives you free phone support? IF you have problems with your phone the 1st thing is yes shut it completely off (as its a computer and they need to reset and reboot once in awhile) , so you go that no problems. IF you can't figure out something with your iphone or even iTunes don't call apple they will require you to pay them for help BUT (and heres the trick) apple is required to provide free apple care plus service to all customers that are transferred in by their service provider. So if you use ATT or Verizon or whatever and your iphone is not working call your service provider and ask them to troubleshoot then they will pretty much have no fucking idea and they call apple and then send you to applecare which then has to fix it for free unless its physical damage. Its a nice way to get apple to not ask you for the $19 1 time service fee and you get free service every time from apple!!

Thats awesome!

No i do not have Apple care on my phone as it was Lady GT's old Iphone 4s and i broke my old iphone and needed another phone. The Apple care expired long ago (if she even paid for it!)

But i love finding ways to pimp the system!!

+1 for that my friend...

Will make sure that i have a kick ass video tomorrow, or The Capn's probably gona make me walk the plank!! hahaha

Sorry everyone, i have been having difficulties uploading my video to Youtube.

It is a complete video not cut off by a phone call.

It has sound!

It is taking FOREVER to upload to Youtube!

In a few moments i am changing the bucket out on the WW.. i Will be adding KoolBloom Dry to this water change and i will post the PPM of my nutrient recipe accordingly!

Okay, Finally!

After many boring and frustrating minutes, my video finally uploaded!

So i'm just going to post it.

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;9g-fFbmas2g]
[/video]

Hey everyone!

I made me some purchases today!!

It wasn't a new puppy, so it came in the form of a new Veg tent, a new inline fan, 2 new flood tables, a 4ft 4-bulb T5HO fixture and some Shady's Grow room glasses (which rock!)

This will all be getting set up tomorrow, and i will post pictures of before and after's of GreenThumb J's pad.

I might just do another video on Saturday showing everyone my new space!

Stay medicated friends!

I like how you topped the grow box plants very early and that sends out lots of branches low.

What is your PPM in the grow box?

I dig the vinyl duct. Great idea.

Heavy sagging buds is a GOOD problem to have. Way to go.

General Hydroponics highly suggests an airstone in the res when you're using... what? Floralicious Plus?

Great Video. Loved it. Your white balance seems to work sometimes and then it goes out again. Is it set on auto?

>>> I like how you topped the grow box plants very early and that sends out lots of branches low

Yes i topped them all extremely early. like 3rd node i think? And they are super super branchy! I'm digging how packed full that box is. Except the WWxGWS that are in there (theres 2). i did not top them as they naturally grew 4 tops without any intervention

>>> What is your PPM in the grow box?

PPM currently is NIL as i am doing a water change and adding my Liquid KoolBloom. But it was at 630 just yesterday. Getting bumped up to 750+ right now with this res change

>>> I dig the vinyl duct. Great idea.

Yea i'm actually really liking it. Its durable too which is the main reason i got it, so the aluminum shit doesn't tear, causing dank smells to get out!

>>> Heavy sagging buds is a GOOD problem to have. Way to go

I'm definitely not complaining about my sagging bud syndrome!.

Bought a pair of "Shady's" grow room glasses, and damn, the WW looks even more frosty!

>>> General Hydroponics highly suggests an airstone in the res when you're using... what? Floralicious Plus?

Yes if you read the bottle of Floralicious Plus, it suggests an airstone in your res. Their online feeding schedules also suggests to keep the nutrient solution aerated when using Floralicious Plus. Personally, have you smelled what Floralicious plus makes your water smell like after a few days of no aeration? AWFUL!

>>> Great Video. Loved it. Your white balance seems to work sometimes and then it goes out again. Is it set on auto?

Thanks Capn! The white balance? fuck i don't know i'm assuming its set to auto. Its whatever the Iphone factory settings are for video recording.

Maybe next video i'll hold my Grow glasses over the lens haha!!

>>> You may have missed it, but your plants did some great growing between video #1 and #2 !!

Which ones? the clones? yes those definitely have swelled up now. The WW? Yup, she's stacking on the buds. The BC Sweet Tooth and everything under the LED? nah not so much. The Sweet Tooth, yea its growing steadily, but thats because its in that rapid growth phase still. although its starting to slow down pretty good.

But thanks for your observations Rado! The grow box FOR SURE has filled out like crazy! I'm doing a res change on it right now.. I will Actually update my nutrient recipes as per the Liquid KoolBloom!

Oh, Capn, by the way.. Remember we were talking Flood tables and the sizes of them in comparison to the space in the tent?

well my 2x4 flood tables aren't even 4ft long, couple inches shorter!! so i'm sitting really pretty now that i KNOW for a fact that i can get the tables in without a hitch! i only got 2 as the hydro store only had 2 in stock. so next week i will be getting my 3rd one.

I was thinking about this last night with Lady GT. The T5HO fixture i have could illuminate a 3x3 space pretty good, but plants would need to stretch like crazy to get the light they need. What if i threw my 600 watter i have in my bathroom currently. I'm just worried about a bare bulb adding a bunch of heat to the Veg tent you know, and i'm trying to stay away from buying yet ANOTHER inline fan.. That would bring my total fan count to 5 inline fans if i got a CoolTube for the 600w (Already have the ballast for it so would just need the reflector)

Hey buddy!

Great question! And that depends which KoolBloom you add.

Generally speaking, no i do not cut back on my 3-part, but It also really depends what stage of growth you are in. During flower, i gradually decrease the amount of Grow that i put into the mixture, while steadily increasing the amount of Bloom that goes in. Micro stays the same all the way through flower @ 4-5ml per gal, and the PPMs get higher

In the first 6 weeks of flower, Liquid KoolBloom should be used as its a bulking agent. Its N-P-K is 0-10-10, so theres plent of Phosphorous and Potassium or Potash for growing fat buds!.

In the last 3 weeks before you begin flushing, i would stop the Liquid KoolBloom and begin adding KoolBloom dry in the amount suggested on the bag. When i added the KoolBloom dry (1tsp for 4gal of water) it didn't affect my PPM nearly as much as i thought it would. the N-P-K for KoolBloom Dry is 2-45-28. I was worried that the amount of P and K would make my PPM spike off the charts, but i was pleasantly surprised

There are a few things that i drop during flower.

Gen Hydro's Rapid Start is one thing i drop in flower as its not needed.

In the last 3 weeks of flower, i also significantly drop the Grow part of the formula till eventually i am adding none at all, as the plant has enough stored N in the leaves to make it through until harvest. This is why you see the leaves yellowing off in late flower.

TheCapn drops the FloraBlend in the later stages of flower according to his recipe, but i continue to use it through into the ripening stage, as it contains many plant based ingredients that help the ripening process.

I will actually update my recipe today to state that i DONT use Aquashield in my reservoir anymore. I strticly only use it for brewing tea, except for the WW which got 40ml of Aquashield in the reservoir with its change 2 days ago (because its in a DWC bucket still!)

For people running DWC and NO water chiller, i would highly suggest it to keep Pythium away. But if you are running a Capn-style flowering set up, as long as you can maintain a good room temperature, the water will stay within the safe range, and you can get away with running NO Aquashield in your res. Just make sure you apply Heisenberg tea 1-2 times a week to keep your roots white and healthy, and your plant growing vigorously

NICE I was wondering as I use bud blood the switch to big bud and carboload, the at the end its carboload and bloombastic for me. I just get a huge spike in PPm with bud blood and bloombastic just worried about burning at the end of bloom. I have cut my 3 part normally but i'll go harder this round. Finally perfected my mixing order to make AN ph perfect to actually work with my hard water. You really blasted off about LED the other day LOL at least you broke the mold of everyone praising them without reason. I'm sticking with LEDs myself but only highest quality not Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom