Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I decided to add in half the Lime I usually use for a fresh batch. We'll see how that works out.
I got thinking about this the other day since I'm about to either reuse my soil or start with new. Here's my thinking. MC has a high nitrate content. It seems that users of Promix are more prone to a rise in pH over a period of time compared to soil users. Before you I'd do anything I would have done a slurry test to see where the pH is sitting. If it's already drifting up the added lime would act more in way to increase the pH as opposed to buffing the substrate. Something to think about.

Relocated to the back deck with a nice Romeo y Julieta, Tequila, and a Twisted Tea chaser. Deadwood on the TV. Life is good.

I got thinking about this the other day since I'm about to either reuse my soil or start with new. Here's my thinking. MC has a high nitrate content. It seems that users of Promix are more prone to a rise in pH over a period of time compared to soil users. Before you I'd do anything I would have done a slurry test to see where the pH is sitting. If it's already drifting up the added lime would act more in way to increase the pH as opposed to buffing the substrate. Something to think about.

I considered such. I did a slurry test from a 5gal of fresh Faux-Mix® that was left over waiting on a seed that didn't pop, vs some of the previously used stuff, before I made the call. The pH was very close between the two (within .2). The TDS of the old was 200 point higher on the old stuff. Probably some left over nutes. Gave half the lime and 1 gal water per gal of Faux-Mix to rinse out the old nutes.

I considered such. I did a slurry test from a 5gal of fresh Faux-Mix® that was left over waiting on a seed that didn't pop, vs some of the previously used stuff, before I made the call. The pH was very close between the two (within .2). The TDS of the old was 200 point higher on the old stuff. Probably some left over nutes. Gave half the lime and 1 gal water per gal of Faux-Mix to rinse out the old nutes.

How many times was the used mix used? During the lockdowns, I wasn't able to swap out my old FM and reused it like 6-7 times. well this lead to a pretty severe Mg lockout from the media being too salty, and not properly buffered. I'm trying to find the max point of how much the mix can be reused. I'm swapping out the old now that supply lines are reopened, but knowing the limits would help me make better plans going forward.

How many times was the used mix used? During the lockdowns, I wasn't able to swap out my old FM and reused it like 6-7 times. well this lead to a pretty severe Mg lockout from the media being too salty, and not properly buffered. I'm trying to find the max point of how much the mix can be reused. I'm swapping out the old now that supply lines are reopened, but knowing the limits would help me make better plans going forward.

It was only used once prior.

You've completed 6-7 grows since March? :eek:

I'm not entirely sure, I have reused it maybe 2-3 times prior without issues, then all of a sudden I couldn't go out for more supplies, then when I could go out, Home Depot didn't have peat or perlite, so I just kept reusing what I had on hand and since I harvest a plant every single week, yeah, I get through it all quicker than one might imagine.

Not much to report. The autos in the smaller tent are doing well. Just trying to keep them happy until the finish. They seemed to like the increase to 6/5/5. The bigger tent, the Triple Cheese in the back may want an increase in feed. They seem like they could be a bit deeper shade of green. The small Purple Urkles in the front just need to add some more size but they are about 2 weeks younger than the Cheese.

I see some yellowing on the lower Cheese leaves?

They weren't quite dry yet, but I gave them half gallon each of 5mg Mega Crop, 5ml Cal-Mag, and 5ml Faux-Tekt® to see if they'll darken up some.

The autos in the small tent look good. Upping the feed to 6/5/5 solved the Cal-Mag deficiency in the Fruit Punch (front center) as expected.

The big tent looks better. The front Purple Urkles continue to grow. The back Triple Cheese that were yellowing from lack of N are rebounding.

Ever wonder what bottom leaves look like that are/were resting on freshly fertilized soil? This is the type of burn they exhibit when the fertilizer mix is hotter than foliar feeding can handle...

You can see the contact points.

Back
Top Bottom