Harvest time?

Wallyj24

420 Member
This is my first grow, I know it’s not ready for harvest but I am wondering by looking at my plant how long I have till I can cut her down?

C0B6AA4E-E4B8-4A22-A0D8-5031044E62C9.jpeg

B6839A1C-53D6-469E-B5C6-B85D007ED79F.jpeg

Hi @Wallyj24 :welcome:
Many will use a loupe to monitor the trichomes and harvest somewhere between starting to go milky [high buzz], and eventually turning amber [heavy stone]
I don't use one, I simply wait until the pistils turn orange and begin to crinkle, but before they shrivel completely
At that stage the resin is swollen and just beginning to turn
You probably have 2-3 weeks to go depending on the characteristics of the strain

You are simply going to get peoples opinions who would love to be correct about it. There are resources you can research on this topic as it actually can be very subjective and based on the final product you or who plans to use the medicine personally prefer. Your picture is showing I would say 50% red hair or pistils. I prefer to chop at about 100% red or if fox tailing begins. I also like to gauge trichome colors. This is where many opinions will differ. I like to harvest when trichomes begin to turn amber and there are about 10% amber and mostly cloudy or 90% cloudy trichs. You can get a cheap jewelers loop or a digital microscope to inspect for trichome color.

What strain is that? How is it smelling? Have you rubbed any of the sugar leaf trichs and smelled your fingers?

I’m not sure what strain it is, I got it from product. As for smell, it smells amazing! And I have not rubbed any trichomes off the sugar leaves yet.

Hi @Wallyj24 :welcome:
Many will use a loupe to monitor the trichomes and harvest somewhere between starting to go milky [high buzz], and eventually turning amber [heavy stone]
I don't use one, I simply wait until the pistils turn orange and begin to crinkle, but before they shrivel completely
At that stage the resin is swollen and just beginning to turn
You probably have 2-3 weeks to go depending on the characteristics of the strain
Hey so I checked on my plant this morning and it was sloped over all the way, I think the main stalk of the plant snapped but is still in tact, is this bad?

Hey so I checked on my plant this morning and it was sloped over all the way, I think the main stalk of the plant snapped but is still in tact, is this bad?

you can support it with bamboo or other sticks and tape over the damaged area of the stalk. it will depend on how far gone it is. if the stalk has had it then you're done as is and should pull it.

it does look like it could use a couple wks. if the stalk is too damaged it won't get nutrients to finish.

you can support it with bamboo or other sticks and tape over the damaged area of the stalk. it will depend on how far gone it is. if the stalk has had it then you're done as is and should pull it.

it does look like it could use a couple wks. if the stalk is too damaged it won't get nutrients to finish.
It was still in tact not separated, I posted it up with two wooden skewers

that should do it. nice little plant. good job

you can carefully tape the bend with a little electrical tape or even better a bandaid if it helps to support. i would just use the sticky part of the bandaid. they have holes for breathing and will stretch if the stalk continues to grow and thicken.

just leave it alone if you feel taping would cause more harm. the stalk is a bit thin on that plant, and you are late in flower, the plant will likely concentrate on finishing, rather than repairing itself.

Hey @Wallyj24, and welcome to the forum!

That is one cute little bud plant – congrats. Stick around and you'll be growing giant beauties before long!
Thank you, this is my first grow to see if I could even do it, I would say I’ve done pretty good for my first time. The only nutrients I’ve given her is DR Earth pump and grow.

that should do it. nice little plant. good job

you can carefully tape the bend with a little electrical tape or even better a bandaid if it helps to support. i would just use the sticky part of the bandaid. they have holes for breathing and will stretch if the stalk continues to grow and thicken.

just leave it alone if you feel taping would cause more harm. the stalk is a bit thin on that plant, and you are late in flower, the plant will likely concentrate on finishing, rather than repairing itself.
Should I still be giving her nutrients at this point or does it not matter because it’s so close to harvest?

Back
Top Bottom