Has anyone used these small heat presses?

Dan Dark

I am seeing a new crop of heat presses for making rosin on eBay. Has anyone used these? I'm think $229 is a fair price if it works...recommendations or guidance is appreciated! :snowboating:

Post a link so we know what you're talking about. Quality in, quality out. If its too good to be true, it probably is. The return i get on cheap presses isn't even worth it.
I would love to but 420 does not allow links - only sponsors. I was looking at the Rosineer at $229 or a 5ton at $359. What I am after is to make dry hash into something I can smoke in my wax dab kit.... I'm looking now at both eBay and homemade options. It looks like all I need is heat plates to about 265 and press with some force. Looks like more force gives metter results.

I will be honest, I have not. Every 420 sponsor I have bought from has been a disaster with one exception Magical Butter. Every other one has been terrible. Bad customer service, shitty shipping and awful communication. I find the sponsor list is a good start on which vendors to avoid! I've ordered seeds, nutrients, bags and extractors. Amazon is my go to even if I look at a sponsor's products. It is a sad state of affairs IMO in this grow world, full of scammers and very marginal players.

That said, I ALWAYS appreciate your feedback and your help. The one great thing I have found here is the people, you are all amazing! :thumb:

Go homemade, its worth it. I made one thats fully pneumatic and hydraulic, just push a button lol, up to 2500psi

20200920_233950.jpg

I will be honest, I have not. Every 420 sponsor I have bought from has been a disaster with one exception Magical Butter. Every other one has been terrible. Bad customer service, shitty shipping and awful communication. I find the sponsor list is a good start on which vendors to avoid! I've ordered seeds, nutrients, bags and extractors. Amazon is my go to even if I look at a sponsor's products. It is a sad state of affairs IMO in this grow world, full of scammers and very marginal players.

That said, I ALWAYS appreciate your feedback and your help. The one great thing I have found here is the people, you are all amazing! :thumb:
dab press .. Or homemade ..I went your route , and started with a few less known brands ...if I was mechanically inclined I would have saved the plates and guts from the old ones to make a new one .

Ceramic hair straighteners is good place to start for the basic gear :lot-o-toke: :ganjamon:

I have one at the shop I don’t even use

i got a car i have to try finish. there's seals of all kinds, ball joints etc. kind of looking for something i can use for the build and then use for real fun :p

i got a car i have to try finish. there's seals of all kinds, ball joints etc. kind of looking for something i can use for the build and then use for real fun :p
Yeah I agree go with a press then u can use for multiple purposes

wow i haven't seen one of those in ages.

i gotta get body and paint done. it's mostly dry but there's a few issues.
machinist called yesterday about the head. so many upgrades to stuff i can't list it.

I would love to but 420 does not allow links - only sponsors. I was looking at the Rosineer at $229 or a 5ton at $359. What I am after is to make dry hash into something I can smoke in my wax dab kit.... I'm looking now at both eBay and homemade options. It looks like all I need is heat plates to about 265 and press with some force. Looks like more force gives metter results.
Hmm, a Modified Waffle Iron & a C-Clamp maybe ?

Hmm, a Modified Waffle Iron & a C-Clamp maybe ?

c-clamps are the fail point with the hair straighteners. can't get enough force to make it worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom