closer

Picture_00957.jpg

side, fattening

Picture_01248.jpg

other stalks, fattening also

Picture_01340.jpg

more stalks, fattening too, yellowing leaves

Picture_01442.jpg

the other stalks were shooting up too much so i added the cfls again and stopped them in their tracks, now they are happy

Picture_01726.jpg

far away, she takes up alot of room in the tent, dont know how im gonna do it with more, maybe i'll just do six instead of nine like i wanted next time...

Good job man! That first pic is my favorite :thumb:

Those buds are gonna fatten up nice. How close are those bulbs to the plant right now?
If you can keep them within 2" or less the buds should fatten up even better, just as long as the heat can get moved out.

Great work and I'm looking forward to the finish as well.

well , when i took the pic they were growing up really fast and i was afraid they would get burnt while i was at work, but now that they have slowed i can keep the cfls closer... unfortunately i have alot of yellowing now, leaves are dying off, looking very droopy and weak, but all growth around buds look healthy and green...i'm a bit worried, my buddy said that some yellowing is normal, but i dont think she looks normal...water is 6.0 going in and runoff is 6.3...i fed stronger this week, she loved it at first...i'm thinking i need to step up the non nute waterings, maybe she's thirsty...i'm gonna take pics before and after watering, i think she will perk up, but the yellowing worries me, she like the nute mix at first so maybe she wants more?...i dunno...

well , when i took the pic they were growing up really fast and i was afraid they would get burnt while i was at work, but now that they have slowed i can keep the cfls closer... unfortunately i have alot of yellowing now, leaves are dying off, looking very droopy and weak, but all growth around buds look healthy and green...i'm a bit worried, my buddy said that some yellowing is normal, but i dont think she looks normal...water is 6.0 going in and runoff is 6.3...i fed stronger this week, she loved it at first...i'm thinking i need to step up the non nute waterings, maybe she's thirsty...i'm gonna take pics before and after watering, i think she will perk up, but the yellowing worries me, she like the nute mix at first so maybe she wants more?...i dunno...

Do you have a TDS meter? Any Idea what the PPMs are in your nute/water mix? How much are you feeding exactly?

Sorry for all the questions :), but when things start to change I try to look back to when they were good and figure out what has changed in that time.

I hope things start to get better, let us know and :goodluck:

Picture_00199.jpg

this is the yellowing i was talking about

Picture_00583.jpg

scale pic

Picture_00494.jpg

top growth seems good

yeah, sorry i shoulda said what the ppm was, i used 2 tsp of micro and bloom, and one tsp of grow...ph was 6.3 i think, and ppm was about 1000...but my water has a ppm of 350....

Hey nehemiah,

I agree that yellowing is natural in flower but I guess my concern came from how much yellowing there has been in only a few days and how early into flower you are. Aren't you right around your third week of flower now?

Also if your water is reading over 300 on it's own that may be causing you some problems as well. I remember you saying you were using RO at one time, do you have an RO system or did you pick up some from the store? I would suggest flushing that girl with a few gallons of distilled or RO water as you may have some nute and salt buildups from your tap water.

At first I thought it kind of looked like a nitrogen problem, but when I looked a little longer it made me think of a magnesium problem as the color was fading from the outsides of the leaves and inward.

The flush won't hurt anything, I've watched DocBud flush every time he waters and I started doing something similar with my plants as well. I just follow my flushes with an immediate feeding and the growth takes off, Doc was using OC+ so the nutes are already in the soil. Docs method is being used with great results for a lot of members here. farnorth recently started doing the flush and feed and he's told me he's never seen so much growth following a feeding.

These are just a few ideas, I hope they help you out some. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon my friend.

:Namaste:

Hey nehemiah,

I agree that yellowing is natural in flower but I guess my concern came from how much yellowing there has been in only a few days and how early into flower you are. Aren't you right around your third week of flower now?

Also if your water is reading over 300 on it's own that may be causing you some problems as well. I remember you saying you were using RO at one time, do you have an RO system or did you pick up some from the store? I would suggest flushing that girl with a few gallons of distilled or RO water as you may have some nute and salt buildups from your tap water.

At first I thought it kind of looked like a nitrogen problem, but when I looked a little longer it made me think of a magnesium problem as the color was fading from the outsides of the leaves and inward.

The flush won't hurt anything, I've watched DocBud flush every time he waters and I started doing something similar with my plants as well. I just follow my flushes with an immediate feeding and the growth takes off, Doc was using OC+ so the nutes are already in the soil. Docs method is being used with great results for a lot of members here. farnorth recently started doing the flush and feed and he's told me he's never seen so much growth following a feeding.

These are just a few ideas, I hope they help you out some. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon my friend.

:Namaste:

hey, again, thanks for sticking by me and my girl...you've been so much help...

by flush do mean just pour a couple gallons of ph'd water until it most flows out?...and by immediately feed do you mean IMMEDIATELY after the flush?....you were clear, just double checking... i was using ro water, but these nutes seem to work better in tap, because they balance the water... when i use water with a ppm of 7 the nutes seem to over balance...but i was also making some rookie mistakes at the time so it could be me...i'll switch back to ro... but when i use tap the ph is perfect every time...

Sorry for lagging on the reply, just got home from physical therapy and after I updated my grow I saw this and here we are :).

Id say to flush with straight RO, don't worry about the pH until you add the nutes at the end. I was told to flush with twice the volume of the container, so if you have a 3gal pot, use 6 gals of water. You can do a mini flush and use an equal amount of water for your container as well- 3gals water for 3gal pot. After the flush wait a few minutes for the water to stop draining then feed as usual with your pH'd water and nutes. Your PPMs are gonna drop down a bit with the RO but the Cal-Mag will add them back. I use Cal-Mag Plus by Botanicare and a 5ml dose adds around 200 PPMs to my RO.

One thing though, do you have a Cal-Mag supplement? I would strongly recommend adding it when you use RO, sorry if you already knew that, just making sure. If you know the Total Alkalinity of your water, I can help you find a good ratio to mix your tap water with your RO and just use the Cal and Mag already in the tap water. You can get a pool testing kit and check your water if you like, OR just keep it simple and add the Cal-Mag :).

Sorry if any (or all) of this is unclear, I'm wiped out right now and this took forever to type out on my phone :). If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them or help you find an answer.

Take care and please let me know how it goes.

-dime

Picture_001101.jpg

top getting soo fat

Picture_00295.jpg

other buds fatter too

Picture_003100.jpg

hairs turning orange

Picture_00496.jpg

Picture_00585.jpg

Picture_00761.jpg

i love that the middle is filling in now

Picture_00862.jpg

over head top bud

Picture_00958.jpg

this plant is huge, i hope that top bud just fills out completely...it will be as long as my arm!!

Picture_01051.jpg

scale pic

Picture_01146.jpg

close up of the other buds... even tho there are more, it's hard to get the trichs to show up on the top bud cuz of the light, but you can see them on this one cuz the cfl is right there...i think its the wave length of the light messing with the shutter...ramble ramble ramble

Picture_01249.jpg

ok, so i did that flush and the buds swelled over night, the yellowing is still present, but i think it slowed considerably... what a difference though, wow... her roots def liked the bath... i have a little nute burn now on the tips, not bad tho, it's good to know what she can handle... as for the cal mag add, yes, but only when i use the ro water, which ihave switched back to... i did 2 tsp of micro and bloom, one of grow, and one tsp of 'revive' from adv. nut (cal mag)... i used it when i rescued those males from the dwc and it works well... the ppms were only like 750...that last pic really shows how many leaves were lost, she seems so naked, but top growth is still progressing... again, thank you so much dime, saved by the flush... this will be my new routine... i dont have a ro system, i buy the water, and i have big pots, so i used only four to flush, but i could see the runoff become almost clear by the fourth one, the first gallon was nasty... no bad smell or anything, just looked like alot of built up crap...

Just caught up on the grow. Brotha she looks amazing and just off CFL's alone and no lst all natural. And defiantly do those mini-flushes once in a while. It cleans up the roots nicely and on the next feed allows them to intake food much better. Also the buds are defiantly packin weight and lookin nice and frosty, totally a potent beast right there.

Quick question, what day are you into flowering?

Lastly, here's a hit, get some stakes out or something to tie the branches too because one day you'll wake up and find the branches all fallen over and the beautiful top bending over 90 degrees haha (that's what happened to me :rofl: )

Just caught up on the grow. Brotha she looks amazing and just off CFL's alone and no lst all natural. And defiantly do those mini-flushes once in a while. It cleans up the roots nicely and on the next feed allows them to intake food much better. Also the buds are defiantly packin weight and lookin nice and frosty, totally a potent beast right there.

Quick question, what day are you into flowering?

Lastly, here's a hit, get some stakes out or something to tie the branches too because one day you'll wake up and find the branches all fallen over and the beautiful top bending over 90 degrees haha (that's what happened to me :rofl: )

nono, 400 w hps, i just put those cfls back in to supplement cuz she was getting too tall for light to reach the other buds. istarted with cfls, but i got the grow bug and went all out on the tent

so i ate mushrooms the other night and spent some time in my closet...it was magical... my whole house smells so good, i actually had to get out the ona gel... so i think shes about 5 weeks into flower, almost there, i know to look for trichs turning cloudy, but i don't know why, what would happen if i flower too long?... i know i'm ready, but if there are no drawbacks, then i'll let her go as long as i can, the web site said they flower in 8 weeks, and were getting close... also, i was planning on drying in open air then curing in jars, but i'm open to other suggestions....

Picture_00497.jpg

growth kinda slowed, should pick up again next feeding, but it doesn't look any bigger to me, forgot to put the lighter in the pic for size tho

Picture_003101.jpg

i love coming home to this

Picture_00959.jpg

not losing any more leaves, but the yellow ones haven't got their color back

Picture_01147.jpg

closeup of a bud, lots of orange hairs now, but i could only find a couple of cloudy trichs

Picture_001102.jpg

sitting under the shade of my trees

Picture_00297.jpg

got a microscope, 11 bucks, rad shac, i wish i got the usb camera microscope now... damn cat hairs stick to everything, sheesh...

Back
Top Bottom