Hash Plant CFL Soiless

nehemiah

So this is my second grow, the first was a failed attempt at dwc. I found those seeds and wanted to get a trial run in before my hash plant seeds were here. Glad i did too, if i had put these in dwc i would probably have killed them. So i'm using 6 35w 2400L 6500k, 4 35w 2400L 2700k, and A two foot t5 6500k not sure on wattage, just a supplement. I'm using roots organics soiless, "blended with extra long fibers, perlite, and pumice. Lightly amended with a starter charge of organic fertilizers like bat guano, worm castings and kelp-from product description" not when they are too young though. And, adv. nut. three part grow micro bloom, and molasses. Gen. Hydro. ph up and down. Temps stay between 77 and 79 degrees F.

This is the shot glass with 6.0ph water and four bc hash plant feminized seeds
Picture_04013.jpg

Soaking rockwool in 6.0ph water for minimum of one hour
Picture_03214.jpg

Rockwool in Promax ult. org.
Picture_03713.jpg

COMPONENTS:
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
(65-75% by volume)
Sea-based Compost (from composted shrimp shells & seaweed)
Limestone (for pH adjustment)
Perlite
Mycorise® - endomycorrhizae inoculant

Four seeds planted
Picture_03911.jpg

Nutes. etc.
Picture_03619.jpg

Overhead shot of lights
Picture_03414.jpg

Thanks JoeBong! Me too, it's crazy how much time i spend smoking and staring at my closet. i wanted to do this with bubble ponics and make bubble hash from my bubble hash...but i'm just too inexperienced i guess. but ya, thanks

good to have you hemp!...three of the seeds have shot a root down and starting to push up, but one i think i'll have to replace...got some more soiless mix, the bags are not very consistent, one bag was like 60% perilite and another was like 40%...i currently have the square pots in round buckets for lack of trays under them, and the water falls into the bucket, it makes it easy to take ph measurements of the runoff, BUT is it better to have the bottom of my pot in standing water so it doesn't drain so fast? or is this better to suck in oxygen into the soil as the water drains and i can just water more?

Picture28.jpg

Got a better shot of the light's? I love to see home made CFl light fixture's/grows.:)

Nice setup, and great start! I too had an unfortunate DWC grow. In my hands, DWC means "Disaster Will Come":)

As far as the buckets go, I'll let the experienced guys take over but one thing I noticed was the RH looks a little too low in the pic of the buckets. I'm not sure of the exact levels but I think it should be over 70%.

I'll be following along... :high-five:

:goodluck:

I would suggest having runoff. You don't want your girls standing in water. MJ thrives on wet/dry cycles...unless you are in hydro of course. You really want your roots to have air so I would not keep them water-logged. Hope this helps

wow, thanks to everyone tuning in! the light is made from 2" pvc but i didn't glue it together so i can twist the pipes to angle them down or out when i get a canopy going...

Picture_00661.jpg

t5 under the divider
Picture_00391.jpg

socket ext.
Picture_00486.jpg
Picture_00574.jpg

First to shed it's shell!! camera has trouble with close ups...
Picture_00751.jpg

my failed dwc survivors. don't really know how to bring them back, but they are alive, just growth has slowed
Picture_00854.jpg
Picture_00952.jpg

oh yeah, and the rh was low cuz i had the meter sitting close to my ac vent while i was working and that dried it out, but i don't hit anywhere near 70% even with cups of water and wet towels, it's usually 45-55%...i'm planning on getting a cheap humidifier from walmart...thanks for looking out dirty ears!!

oh yeah, and the rh was low cuz i had the meter sitting close to my ac vent while i was working and that dried it out, but i don't hit anywhere near 70% even with cups of water and wet towels, it's usually 45-55%...i'm planning on getting a cheap humidifier from walmart...thanks for looking out dirty ears!!

No problem! I thought my girls were too far gone when I pulled them and transplanted to soil but a few days later the came back. One is growing a little slow but is catching up and the other is taking off! Sending some good vibes your way, keep up the good work and Congrats on the babies.

survivor 1 perking up after watering, i'm practicing topping on her
Picture_01724.jpg

survivor 2 perky, i think they are probably re-growing the roots i had to hack off during the rescue mission from dwc to soiless so slow going up top.
Picture_01827.jpg

1st to pop
Picture_01339.jpg

2nd to pop
Picture_01440.jpg

3rd still pushing seed
Picture_01535.jpg

4th still rooting, it's the re-germ
Picture_01625.jpg

more pots ready to go
Picture_01927.jpg

i can't wait for the 4 hash plants to get bigger so my camera can focus on them. water going in the survivors (what i'm calling them now since i don't know the strain anyway) is 6.2 ph, runoff is 6.5, not too bad since it's only the 2nd watering on the soiless mix. i'm gonna start adding nutes to the survivors soon so i'll talk about the feeding schedule later. later!

successful topping, two main stalks forming
Picture_02215.jpg

kinda bushing out a little
Picture_02318.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man what a difference! I'm very happy for you, looks like you pulled them out just in time. :cheer:

Great job +rep on that! :)

awesome! thanks dirt...here's the latest pics..

getting taller now, roots probably recovered, still haven't used any nutes yet, want to use the soil nutes first, tips are curling up a bit too...
Picture_00487.jpg

also taller, and no new signs of stress or deficiency...
Picture_00575.jpg

another set of leaves forming in the middle, i'm glad they stopped growing up, sorry for the blurryness
Picture_00662.jpg
Picture_00752.jpg

what i planned on feeding the survivors today, but not time yet. this soiless holds moisture for a long time, but it drains quickly, i'm glad i got it.
Picture_00392.jpg

some things i got today, spent 28 bucks, humidifier and molasses
Picture_00192.jpg

i'm still gonna try to find black strap, all the feed stores were closed today. using 1 tbs per gal of water. lowers the ph, had to use ph up to get 6.0.
Picture_00393.jpg

something i noticed i forgot to do was empty the runoff buckets from the last watering, stagnant water is ideal for mold, mildew, and larva. so i decided to clean the buckets with white vinegar and dried them. i noticed this was skipped in the tutorials i read and thought i'd give my two cents on the subject. i dunno, maybe it's good to have the moisture under them, but i'd rather water more than have pests.

Back
Top Bottom