Blue Skies Indoor to Outdoor - Bubba Kush - Hash Plant - Trance

Re: Blue skies indoor to outdoor: Bubba Kush/Hash Plant/Trance

I went and bought a bunch of 6500k 23 watt cfl's to use as side lighting a couple of days ago. Currently I am only using 2, one for side lighting on each of the larger ladies (bubba and hash plant). The Bubba Kush has such dense, bushy foliage up near the top that it is blocking out a bunch of the light from the T5 to lower growth. The hash plant is getting much more light penetration to lower growth and branching out like crazy. I am beginning to think I should have bought the 4 foot T5 fixture as I still have at least one more month to wait until two of the three plants make their transition into the great outdoors. I watered the Hash Plant yesterday and Bubba Kush today, each with a 1/2 gallon of straight tap water that was left out for about 24 hours. I'm hoping that the nasty looking leaves that the BK started showing 5 days ago was simply because I used too strong a dose of nutes for its first feeding, and normal healthy growth will resume. I took the PH on both after watering and runoff started, each was at 6.5.

Nasty leaves on Bubba
S73011671.JPG

S7301160.JPG

Here's a couple of the Hash Plant taking off
S73011531.JPG

S73011521.JPG

The third lady (trance, dutch passion) I have going seems to be coming along slowly but surely, it broke soil April 1st and is starting to grow taller and pack on new growth.
S73011451.JPG

Group shots
S73011501.JPG

S7301162.JPG

Plants are looking good. Certain strains don't take to nutes as well as others. I would flush that one and go to 1/4 strength for a while and then slowly up it. Looking forward to seeing trees this fall. :goodluck::popcorn:

Sorry one more thing if you could. Please space between pics makes it easier to see and read without scolling back and forth. Thanks. :peace:

Plants are looking good. Certain strains don't take to nutes as well as others. I would flush that one and go to 1/4 strength for a while and then slowly up it. Looking forward to seeing trees this fall. :goodluck::popcorn:

It was just watered today with just plain water, no nutrients. I'm guessing that about 10-20% of the water I put in drained out. Not sure if that would be enough to flush out excess nutes and such?? Have my fingers crossed for some trees come fall.

Sorry one more thing if you could. Please space between pics makes it easier to see and read without scolling back and forth. Thanks. :peace:

If that makes it easier to view and keeps folks interest when viewing my journal I will certainly do that. I set up that post with the similar pictures side by side on one line making it a little easier to view. When I previewed it, the pictures were just how I had intended (2 Bubba Kush one line, 2 Hash plant one line, group shot one line, etc.). The submitted post came off different and cluttered.

Looking good Blue, Gotta agree with Bass..Never grown out a Bubba but strains take diffferently to nute strengths. I just love those big fat leaved,dark,short stacked Indicas....:goodjob:

Looking good Blue, Gotta agree with Bass..Never grown out a Bubba but strains take diffferently to nute strengths. I just love those big fat leaved,dark,short stacked Indicas....:goodjob:

I should have done some research on BK and its responsiveness, tolerance and need for nutes prior to using them. Or rather than using a half strength mixture, went with a 1/4 strength. Stupid mistake on my part. Hoping she'll recover and no serious damage was done. The bubba seed was a freebie in my seed order but I'd still be pretty bummed.

Looks like it was definetley a case of too much nutrients. I watered the Bubba kush with just plain tap water (about a half gallon) 4 days ago and it really seems to be rebounding nicely. Leaves are still discolored but new growth is exploding and is a nice lush green color. On another note, I have been out back over the last week busting ass to get ready for the outdoor season which is right around the corner. Constructed a 4'x8'x12" deep raised bed garden for my vegetables, most likely gonna grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, various peppers, lettuce, and maybe carrots. I used 30 cubic feet of soil, compost, manure, and perlite which was a pain in the butt to lug around from the store to my backyard all by my lonesome. On top of that, I had to hand mix the soil mixture with shovels and hoes, my back and shoulders are killing me right now. I laid down that black landscaping fabric to about a 12 foot by 12 foot area, nailed it in with giant railroad nails. Also added about 16 cubic feet of red cedar mulch around the perimeter of the raised bed. I've read that cedar is a pretty good deterrent to certain bugs and it has a nice aromatic quality to it, also looks pretty good too. I am going to take a bunch of pictures of my three ladies tomorrow and possibly some shots of my new garden area out back and put em up tomorrow.

Glad to hear she is doing better... I have been working on getting my outdoor garden ready. I am going to be a little late and hope to be planting by the first... Looking forward to watching the girls grow into ladies..... :peace:

Glad to hear she is doing better... I have been working on getting my outdoor garden ready. I am going to be a little late and hope to be planting by the first... Looking forward to watching the girls grow into ladies..... :peace:

Me too glad she's rebounding nicely. You say the first, do you mean May or June?

Just got finished with all the finishing touches on my garden outside and man does it ever feel good to have that project done. Got some new pictures for ya guys to check out, I watered on the 17th with 1/2 strength nutes to the Hash plant, 1/4 strength to the bubba kush and plain tap water to the trance. Bubba seems to be rebounding nicely after the over fertilizing mishap. The Hash plant is a little over 12 inches tall now and branching out like crazy, the bubba is 10 inches tall and the trance is 3.5 inches.

Aerial group shot of plants (Left to right: Hash Plant, Trance, Bubba Kush)

S73011931.JPG

Full frontal (L to R: hash plant, trance, bubba kush)

S73012141.JPG

Hash plant

S73012041.JPG

S73012061.JPG

Bubba kush

S73012031.JPG

S73012021.JPG

Trance

S7301208.JPG

S73012071.JPG

Thanks for stopping in :peace:

Plants are looking real tight there. The hash plant looks awesome. Keep it going.
:goodjob:

Plants are looking real tight there. The hash plant looks awesome. Keep it going.
:goodjob:

I know it, they are getting real cramped fighting for every lumen from that T5. Luckily they don't have too much longer until they make the transition outdoors, probably another 15 days and I will move it outside.

I am thinking I will start the hardening off process in a couple of days, Monday or Tuesday weather permitting. We've had some pretty heavy rainfall in Colorado these last couple days so I've had to delay the transitioning a bit. I plan on keeping the plants in their current containers (1.5 gallon pots) until they are outside permanently at which time they will be transplanted into 10-20 gallon containers with a mix of FFOF and perlite to assist drainage.

Does anyone have any good tips or advice on hardening off, a couple hours a day in the shade slowly upping the time they spend outside or just throw em out there?????? Thanks in advance for the help.

Just finished taking 5 cuttings off of the Bubba Kush plant hopefully they come out alright and end up rooting! I cut them at 45 degree angles, cut all big leaves in half, dipped in dyna grow root gel and inserted them into small rockwool cubes than stuck em in a humidity dome under a couple of CFL's. Wish me luck!

Also still looking for some advice on hardening off for outdoors, any tips or words of wisdom from any of ya?

Hey Bluesky good lookin plants man definitely signed on for this one and +reps brotha can't ait to see what those girls do and great strain choice man:thumb:good luck with your clones to man i'll be watchin:grinjoint:

Hey Bluesky good lookin plants man definitely signed on for this one and +reps brotha can't ait to see what those girls do and great strain choice man:thumb:good luck with your clones to man i'll be watchin:grinjoint:

Thanks, I appreciate the comments and rep. I am also getting real anxious to see what these babies do outside, hopefully I can turn em into some real big trees.:peacetwo:

Trees are good lol I'm fixin to move a 17" sativa plant, a 6 node hawaiin wonder seed, and a couple ak 47 seeds outside here real soon but those will be guerilla grows not backyard so hopefully we both have some big trees by the end of the summa:thumb:

Trees are good lol I'm fixin to move a 17" sativa plant, a 6 node hawaiin wonder seed, and a couple ak 47 seeds outside here real soon but those will be guerilla grows not backyard so hopefully we both have some big trees by the end of the summa:thumb:

Nice that sounds fun, good luck with the outdoor crop man. You planing on keeping a journal with the outdoor plants as well? It would be cool to compare some local outdoor Colorado plants.

Back
Top Bottom