First Time Grower! - Bubba Kush! - Advice Appreciated!

Pinch it back together and wrap it snugly with tape. I use electrical tape but anything strong enough works.
I had a large branch on one of mine break from wind. After the repair, it didn't miss a beat.

Ah, that helps the nerves. Just wrapped it nice and snug with electrical tape. Thanks!

Good news is the smaller plants took well to the LST. I now have a nice open spot for the lights to hit the lower section.

F' up and learn...

One of my tallest plants was wilting again, and I watered it two days ago. Couldn't believe it. So I watered it yesterday and it perked right back up. Is this normal?

I now have three 300 watt LEDs working for me. The tent is showing 88 degrees. This is with a 6" fan blowing and my 4" inline exhaust - which is working for odor but not much else. Any thoughts about this temperature?

It's been one week in flower. So far no flowers are showing.

One of my tallest plants was wilting again, and I watered it two days ago. Couldn't believe it. So I watered it yesterday and it perked right back up. Is this normal?

I now have three 300 watt LEDs working for me. The tent is showing 88 degrees. This is with a 6" fan blowing and my 4" inline exhaust - which is working for odor but not much else. Any thoughts about this temperature?

It's been one week in flower. So far no flowers are showing.

Very believable at this stage of the grow and with 3 gal. pots - especially with your temps. You are listening to your plants and they are telling you what they need. Your temp's are high, IMO. My perfect temp would be about 10 degrees less. You should begin to see pistils within the next week.

:bravo:

Very believable at this stage of the grow and with 3 gal. pots - especially with your temps. You are listening to your plants and they are telling you what they need. Your temp's are high, IMO. My perfect temp would be about 10 degrees less. You should begin to see pistils within the next week.

:bravo:

Thanks, Major. I'll stay on 'em to keep the water levels in the healthy zone. Pistils within next week!

The thermometer reads 88 but it doesn't seem that hot. Hard to estimate LEDs, I imagine. I don't know any other way to decrease temps other than turning off the 3rd light, but I hear flowering stage absorbs a lot of light. I had a 6" inline fan which seemed too powerful, loud and heavy, so I purchased the 4" - which doesn't cool the place down as much as it should. Will the plants live at 88 degrees for 12 hours?

Yes. They will be OK. Not optimum, but what is? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Outdoors, your temps would be near ideal. I'm facing mid-90's this week and probably over 100 soon.

I did find a 6 to 4 duct reducer on Amazon. The main issue with the 6" inline fan was the carbon filter; it was super-heavy and I feared it would fall on my plants. My plan is to check the plants and temps daily, and water as needed. If temps become a problem I may try the 6 to 4 reducer, and hook my 6" fan into the 4" carbon filter. I returned the 6" filter but kept the 6" fan.

Does it make sense to completely saturate as I did during veg cycle?

Yes. I always fully saturate when I water. The only difference is how dry I let them get in between. Early veg until rootball is fully developed = very dry. Flowering = just very slightly thirsty.

The only difference is how dry I let them get in between. Early veg until rootball is fully developed = very dry. Flowering = just very slightly thirsty.

Good to know. I'll do the same, but will miss a couple waters next week, so they'll probably be a little starved end of week. Hopefully they'll find the will to live.

In other news, I'm seeing flowers!

Thanks, Major.

4th Week of Flower.

I have about another 4-6 weeks to go as two plants seem a bit more mature than the other two. I'll drop a line with photos in another couple weeks to get everyone's thoughts as to how I should plan for the remaining time in flower. Thanks!

IMG_20160719_182642.jpg
IMG_20160719_182616.jpg

Back
Top Bottom