First Time Grower! - Bubba Kush! - Advice Appreciated!

Cha Ching? I'll google it! Thanks for the head's up.
FF salt. They have Beastly bloom, Open Sesame, Cha Ching. OS, pre flower week before flip, week 1 flower, BB week 2, 3 flower, CC till flush. Just more money on nutes, but these salts seem to help with frost.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

No. It's been about 2 weeks since I've fed nutes.
Aah that is good it means it's nearly time to harvest .

Sent from my SM-G901F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There's not one nutrient line that's better.. All just have to be learnt to be used.. if there was we would all be using it...

A glorious harvest day!

It's been a long road. Cut four Bubba Kush plants today; which are now hanging to dry.

IMG_74406.jpg
IMG_74325.jpg
IMG_74355.jpg
IMG_74485.jpg
IMG_74474.jpg
IMG_74953.jpg
IMG_74965.jpg
IMG_74973.jpg
IMG_74983.jpg
IMG_75003.jpg
IMG_75034.jpg
IMG_75074.jpg
IMG_75064.jpg
IMG_75053.jpg

I have many people to thank, but I'll save the speech until after I cure and smoke the awards.

I'll report back in a couple weeks...

Best,

VP

Well done on your first harvest, tell yourself one thing no mater how bumpy the ride was.. you made it to your destination, may your trip be a lesson for the next one

Well done on your first harvest, tell yourself one thing no mater how bumpy the ride was.. you made it to your destination, may your trip be a lesson for the next one

I'm riding the high of actually crossing the finish line. And speaking of high, I had to grab a wet bud and smoke it. Now I've read online that smoking wet and uncured bud is a harsh no-no, but I have to say IT WAS AWESOME. Fruity tasting and smooth. I can't imagine what it'll taste like after the dry and cure.

Little problem. Checked the drying buds yesterday evening and they were already dry, even a little brittle. The humidity had dropped from a perfect 65 to 35. I had the inline and a small fan going. Mistake. So I jarred them up and added some fabric string that i soaked in water to help rehydrate (good thing or bad?).

I totaled 3 ounces 10 grams. The bud isn't as sticky as it was when it was wet, but it's sticky once pressed and it still smokes good.

Will curing help? Any ideas how to add a little more water? It didn't even have a total of 2 complete days to dry. I did stop watering the last 3 days. I'll gauge and manage the next dry better. Thought I was home free....

I'd leave them for a couple of days. There is a good chance there is still moisture deep in them that will work its way through the buds.
If not, you can add humidity by taping something (cotton ball, cloth, etc.) absorbent to the lid that has had a little water added. The best solution is a Boveda 62 pack.

I'd leave them for a couple of days. There is a good chance there is still moisture deep in them that will work its way through the buds.
If not, you can add humidity by taping something (cotton ball, cloth, etc.) absorbent to the lid that has had a little water added. The best solution is a Boveda 62 pack.

Great to hear from you, Major. I was just going to write you to ask advice, so thanks for stopping by and sharing your knowledge.

The humidity outside also dropped drastically! Bad timing. But I'm learning. I'll keep a close out. Will try the cotton ball/cloth method and even the Boveda 62 pack - taking a look for this on Amazon next.

Thanks again!

A Boveda pack is BY FAR the best solution. It will add or even remove small amounts of moisture to "zero in" on the correct humidity. If you go with the DIY solution, keep a close eye on your harvest so you don't set up a mold situation. The Boveda packs are awesome! Well worth the investment.

A Boveda pack is BY FAR the best solution. It will add or even remove small amounts of moisture to "zero in" on the correct humidity. If you go with the DIY solution, keep a close eye on your harvest so you don't set up a mold situation. The Boveda packs are awesome! Well worth the investment.

Just ordered a 10 pack on Amazon. One big take-away from my first grow is to invest and do it right. I tried cutting corners early on only to eventually purchase the best tools after mistakes were made.

The buds are smoking and smelling great; just too dry, so yeah, best to invest in the proper solution.

Hoping newbie growers read this journal to avoid the mistakes I've made.

Back
Top Bottom