Hash Plant CFL Soiless

Honestly I think molasses is more trouble than its worth. I had problems with it last grow when I used it mixed into water. I do think that both bad and good bacteria feed on molassis. So if you have any (even minute) root problems you can magnify it ten fold by adding molasses. Now I only use it in very small amounts to feed my beneficial bacteria in my compost tea.

LOL Love your stealth grow...your plants looking good too!

ok, i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with it, and those survivors had root rot when i pulled them from the dwc, they sprang back well, until i added the molasses...and what's this compost tea i keep hearing about? some thing i should be doing??

ok, i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with it, and those survivors had root rot when i pulled them from the dwc, they sprang back well, until i added the molasses...and what's this compost tea i keep hearing about? some thing i should be doing??

I had this bookmarked from the "Weekend Gardner" web mag:

For gardeners, blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is the best choice because it is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses since it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash, iron, and micronutrients from the original cane material. So it's not just the sugar content that makes molasses useful, but its trace minerals.

Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent, which means that it can help convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for organisms and plants to use.

The blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is a liquid molasses that can be used alone, or as a component in both sprays and soil drenches, and can be an important addition to your organic fertilization program.

I don't use molasses so I can't give you any pointers on that but there are a lot of growers using it like HempRocket and awmartian in their teas. They have some cool tea recipies!

The compost teas add nutrients and micro organisms to the soil and make it easier for the plants to uptake nutes. There's more to it but I'm still learning as well :) I've substituted compost tea with "Budswel" (as again, I'm still learning), it's made from Bat and Seabird guano, earthworm castings and seaweed extract. It's made by The Guano Company for use in flowering, they also have "Super Tea" for veg growth but I haven't used that one...yet.

Hope this helps some.

:Namaste:

yeah, i look into it thanks, i don't think i'm gonna use molasses though. my soiless mix has Bat and Seabird guano, earthworm castings and seaweed in it already, but do the plants use it all up in the first two weeks??...thank again for all your help, i try to give everyone more rep, but it says i have to spread it around or something and i don't usually have time to read journals alot...

No, if you are using organic nutrients they tend to last much longer. The plants will tell you when they need to be fed. I didn't have to feed my plants for 6 weeks with my soil mix. Your main concern is dialing the PH so it stays steady and the nutrients are available. Instead of thinking they need nutes ask yourself how balanced is the PH. PH any water after adding nutrients and also the run off that comes out the bottom. Your soil PH will change as time goes on so its very important to monitor it. Also keep in mind if your soil run off water is too low or too high in PH it will take several waterings to balance the soil's ph out. Soil ph is not like liquid ph...having dolomite lime mixed into your soil will help long term with PH stabilization. :Namaste:

EDIT: Another thing the fertilizers you are adding don't actually get absorbed directly by the plant. The fertilizers are used by the bacteria in the soil which then provides the nutrients to the plant. Organic fertilizers stimulate more good bacteria to grow which is why plants look healthier and produce more. If you make compost tea correctly it should not smell rotten, but sweet because of the good bacteria content in it. The compost tea thus has quicker affects because you are adding beneficial bacteria and bypassing the need for bacteria to breakdown the inorganic fertilizer nutrients.

does anyone use a ups or wireless thermostat? i'm looking into getting the uninterrupted power supply since the power went out and the bulb didn't relight... and the wireless thermostat to keep a more constant temp in my room...

so my questions are, does the power flicker at all when switching to battery backup, and do all thermostats work on all systems?

yeah, i look into it thanks, i don't think i'm gonna use molasses though. my soiless mix has Bat and Seabird guano, earthworm castings and seaweed in it already, but do the plants use it all up in the first two weeks??...thank again for all your help, i try to give everyone more rep, but it says i have to spread it around or something and i don't usually have time to read journals alot...

No problem my friend, and AW pretty much said it all. The reps are a nice gesture but seeing your grow do well is much better!

I've never used a wireless thermo so I'm not much help on that one.

As far as the power supply, is it a battery backup like one used for computers? If so most of them are designed to be uninterrupted to prevent surges to electrical equipment. Just make sure it's rated for the amount of power you will be drawing and it should be fine. I have one that's good for about two hours but have never used it to keep working on the computer after the power has gone out, only so I can save what I'm working on and shut the computer down safely.

woke up this morning to the odd buzz my ballast makes when the power flickers, and the bulb didn't relight. this sucks, who knows how long it was off, could be up to four hours...and i can't afford the ups until this Friday. i heard that fem seeds are easily turned herm. i don't know if this applies in the veg stage though.

but some thing good did happen last night, my friend came home, she went to California, and she picked me up some seeds! here they are, not feminized though...

Grand Daddy Purps
Picture_01441.jpg

Grand Daddy OG Kush
Picture_01626.jpg

hash plant 1, i left the cfls up since the power went out
Picture_00955.jpg

Picture_01145.jpg

hash plant 2
Picture_01049.jpg

Picture_01247.jpg

so anyone know how much damage four hours of dark on a 24 hour veg does??

IMG_16149.jpg

is this male or female?!?!?!
looks male to me...just want a second opinion before i take it out...

so it's been awhile, hash plants have been up and down, but still alive...switched from 24 'to 12/12 and from the mh conv, to hps...they are very thirsty now...took the humidifier out, and keeping it cold...i have some buds starting to form, i'll post pics, but this one here i think is a male....

ok thanks, i thought it looked kinda funny, it's a feminized hash plant, but this is my first time, and i probably stressed the crap out of it...

temps stay between 77 and 82, using adv. nut. 3 part, which sucks, seems like every time i feed with this crap it kills them more...no matter how little i used... i had a power outage for up to four hours, not sure... it was probably me screwing up the ph and feeding the wrong amounts...what nutes are you using??...i def. want to use something else next go...

Picture_03817.jpg

my lonely girl...

Picture_03912.jpg

top cola of the lady

Picture_03620.jpg

my three sons, boo, shoved in the bathroom...i guess the short one didnt make the photo...i'm keeping them going because it looks to me like they are producing trichs. in any amount, i will try to get bubble water hash from them...has anyone done this with a male/herm??

Thanks, it's good to have you along crower, so how worried should i be about the males pollen, i mean, is it known to travel through out a house? i'm just waiting to borrow this hash maker and screens from some one to see if i can get anything out of them, i see a glimmer to them, makes me think there are trichs on them, but nothing is worth risking the virgin in my closet...right now the dudes are in the bathroom with the door shut, and my lady is in the closet with the door shut zipped up in a tent, so i guess the only way pollen could go is through the a/c or carried in by me or my clothes..........

Picture_0438.jpg

top bud

Picture_0448.jpg

more buds

Picture_0459.jpg

morer buds

Picture_0465.jpg

buds

Picture_0477.jpg

buds

Picture_04813.jpg

trunk

Picture_0499.jpg

my beautiful hash plant

gave her the first full dose of nutes and wow, next day buds swelled up, new buds all over the plant, it's insane. my camera bat died before i could take a picture of all the buds. there are a dozen or so...she prolly wanted that strength of nutes a while ago, but i'm so paranoid, she all i got!! but heres again what i'm using...roots organ. soiless, adv. nut. three part micro grow bloom, regular tap water, the nutes get the ph to 6.3 usually, i didnt realize this until i screwed some plants up...plus i was using r/o water...i put Two tsp. of micro and bloom and One tsp. of grow per gallon, this is the most nutes shes had ever...

Back
Top Bottom