HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

Thanks, Shed. Yeah, I was thinking they looked like they needed more nutes. And, yes, I stop watering when the outside of the pot is damp. It's taking forever for the next level leaves to reach the same level as where I topped especially in the Carnival.

Thanks, Shed. Yeah, I was thinking they looked like they needed more nutes. And, yes, I stop watering when the outside of the pot is damp. It's taking forever for the next level leaves to reach the same level as where I topped especially in the Carnival.
The leaves are looking really droopy, which often means the roots are wet. Make sure the pot is really light and the bottoms are completely dry before you water them, and then water to runoff (not a set amount).

Wet roots slow down all growth up top.

Okay. Thanks, Shed.

Nice to see you up and about, dynamo. How's the knee?
Sore knee and troublesome for the hips, they are aggravated and inflamed from tossing and turning at night from insomnia and adjusting for the knee. :Namaste:
life goes on :meditate:

Sore knee and troublesome for the hips, they are aggravated and inflamed from tossing and turning at night from insomnia and adjusting for the knee. :Namaste:
life goes on :meditate:

I hear you on the sore knees and hips as I suffer from the same. However, it's my shoulders that keep me awake at night. When they're both sore, I don't sleep well since I'm a side sleeper but have to sleep on my back instead. My left shoulder has been sore since I fell last October and my right shoulder is sore off and on from osteoarthritis and tendonitis/bursitis.

This getting old isn't exactly what I had envisioned as my golden years.
:rofl:

While these aches and pains aren't what we want in our old age, I will gladly take them over the news my poor cousin who is one year older than me received this week. He has just been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia and it only has a 25% survival rate for people over 20 years of age so that really sucks. He's been admitted to hospital and will receive chemo daily for a month. I wish there was something I could do.

While these aches and pains aren't what we want in our old age, I will gladly take them over the news my poor cousin who is one year older than me received this week. He has just been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia and it only has a 25% survival rate for people over 20 years of age so that really sucks. He's been admitted to hospital and will receive chemo daily for a month. I wish there was something I could do.
That is sad news HG. In those situations keeping people's spirits up can help to make a difference so there may be something you can do.

Other than the aches and pains I hope you are well HG.
:passitleft:

That is sad news HG. In those situations keeping people's spirits up can help to make a difference so there may be something you can do.

Other than the aches and pains I hope you are well HG.
:passitleft:

Thank you, Prof. I'm plugging along and currently procrastinating on my chores for the day.

Hey HG, I am interested in how those Alpine Star go for you. I was nearly going to get those seeds but at the last minute I chose the CBD Express auto, which is cut, dried, and all jarred up now, but I still haven't got around to trying it, old habits with favouring THC strains are hard to give up! The yield of the auto turned out to be pretty small, I am guessing the Alpine Star would grow a lot bigger, I would hope so!

Some say cannabis can cure cancer, and whether they're right or not it can certainly help with the side effects of chemo....not to mention the boost in mood.

I wish him the best during this terrible time, and I hope his care team does right by him. :peace:

Thanks, Shed. I actually found an article about treating this type of leukemia with medical marijuana. I'll be sending a card to him this week with a link to the article, should he wish to follow up. I thought about sending him some of my Northern Soul capsules as they're supposed to be good for nausea.
Hey HG, I am interested in how those Alpine Star go for you. I was nearly going to get those seeds but at the last minute I chose the CBD Express auto, which is cut, dried, and all jarred up now, but I still haven't got around to trying it, old habits with favouring THC strains are hard to give up! The yield of the auto turned out to be pretty small, I am guessing the Alpine Star would grow a lot bigger, I would hope so!

Hi Stunger.

Happy to have you along. Yes, I'm definitely hoping for more than you would get from an auto. Felonious doesn't want to grow autos anymore but we currently have 72 auto seeds so it will be a while before we can stop growing them.

I'm planning on growing all autos in the smallest tent this summer and am hoping to get 2 harvests from them.

:ciao: Hi Hashgirl! Im very sorry to hear about your cousin. I believe there have been some groundbreaking discoveries made regarding treatments for leukemia in the last 10 years so hopefully he will be one of the 25%. :love:

I honestly think you could get 6 (?) autos harvested between Spring and Winter if you did 2 at a time in your tent (and I'm basing that on a 2x4 tent). How big is it (you may have event more room!)? There are several members here (including me once or twice) who have gotten some really good harvests from autos over the last year - anywhere from 5-10 (?) ozs per plant. I recently got more than 7 ounces from a Zkittles auto that I harvested a week or so early, and my current auto is looking like 5-7 ounces if I don't dork it up!). I've gotten some tips from members on this site with feeding and topping and training that I'm happy to share - and you will definitely see them in my new sponsored grow journal. The biggest struggle I had was understanding how to top and train. It seems so foreign and wrong - but it ain't! Once I "got it" I had some serious harvests - both inside and out with both photoperiod and autos. I don't usually give advice here since I'm a relatively new grower, but I feel pretty comfortable with autos so I'm happy to try to help you use up some of those 72 seeds! :high-five:

:ciao: Hi Hashgirl! Im very sorry to hear about your cousin. I believe there have been some groundbreaking discoveries made regarding treatments for leukemia in the last 10 years so hopefully he will be one of the 25%. :love:

I honestly think you could get 6 (?) autos harvested between Spring and Winter if you did 2 at a time in your tent (and I'm basing that on a 2x4 tent). How big is it (you may have event more room!)? There are several members here (including me once or twice) who have gotten some really good harvests from autos over the last year - anywhere from 5-10 (?) ozs per plant. I recently got more than 7 ounces from a Zkittles auto that I harvested a week or so early, and my current auto is looking like 5-7 ounces if I don't dork it up!). I've gotten some tips from members on this site with feeding and topping and training that I'm happy to share - and you will definitely see them in my new sponsored grow journal. The biggest struggle I had was understanding how to top and train. It seems so foreign and wrong - but it ain't! Once I "got it" I had some serious harvests - both inside and out with both photoperiod and autos. I don't usually give advice here since I'm a relatively new grower, but I feel pretty comfortable with autos so I'm happy to try to help you use up some of those 72 seeds! :high-five:

Wow! Thanks, Boo and :welcome: to my grow journal and yes, please, I'd like all the help you can provide me in regards to getting more from autos.

I saw that you didn't have the same big yield from the Dark Devil(s) you grew. I had the same problem. I only got 14 grams in total from 2 plants. Pretty sad in my opinion but I am determined to figure her out; I'm going to grow one or more every chance I get and learn how to get a good yield.

I'm struggling with the whole LSTing thing. It's taking forever for the lowers to catch up to the uppers and I'm tempted to just throw them all into flower. They're all around 9 weeks old now. Isn't it time?

Edited to say and thanks for the sympathy.

I was asked for a contact list for my sisters by another cousin who lives in the same area as the one above. So, I typed that up and sent to her. And, I sent a card to my cousin in the hospital out in the mail today along with a copy of the email I had sent to him before I knew he wouldn't get it and in the email, I had talked about me helping him find some form of cannabis to help him with any side effects he might get and I also a link to an article I found about using cannabis to cure his type of leukemia.

AND....

I included a 3-page list of my favorite books from 1999 to today as he was looking for recommendations and if there's anything I know: it's books. Fiction for the most part. I've read a few really great memoirs, too like Educated by Tara Westover. Truly inspiring.

Good for you to pull that all together for your cousin. I hope he can put all that info to great use!

They're all around 9 weeks old now. Isn't it time?
It's time to flip when they are big enough to fill the space available when they are in full flower. Unless you think they are heading toward getting rootbound and don't have room to upcan. You'd know that by the timing of your wet/dry cycle, and you can only have a wet/dry cycle if you water to runoff and then not water again until the pots are really light and the bottoms of the pots are dry.

It's time to flip when they are big enough to fill the space available when they are in full flower. Unless you think they are heading toward getting rootbound and don't have room to upcan. You'd know that by the timing of your wet/dry cycle, and you can only have a wet/dry cycle if you water to runoff and then not water again until the pots are really light and the bottoms of the pots are dry.

They're definitely not root bound. I talked to Felonious and read him what you said and he said to put them into flower, which I will probably do tomorrow.

Okay, here is my first attempt at LSTing. Let me know what you think.

Dark Devil:

Photo 1 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA.jpeg

ALP2:

Photo 3 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 5 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 7 - ALP2.jpeg

Raspberry Cough:

Photo 8 - RC.jpeg

Photo 9 - RC.jpeg

Photo 10 - RC.jpeg
looks good but imo i wouldnt want to preform LST on a plant after Veg or very early flower.

Back
Top Bottom