Heavens Shores - Bill's 2022 Grow: Come Meet Howie! Show Us Your Grow Too - Bring A Pic

I know the extra height is a little annoying but that's what staples are for... (wait, what? lol) They otherwise look skookum-as... and oh man you've taken me down memory lane with your detail-perfect germs and solo--plantings. So good I just bought my first DYNAMYKO, ever ;) ... and I grow DWC now fer krissakes Bill! What am I gonna do with it, make mushroom soup? Nah, I've actually got a couple, few outdoor projects happening, and BTW I've been making my own ferts the JADAM-way this year but I'm not too proud to give GeoFlora's website a proper once-over now that I know they're on the side of the 'angels'... so thanks for the knowledge drops, for hanging in there, and bein' class, mate.
Good Morning again R.D.
Have you heard of the @NuttyProfessor ?
He did Jadam, had some very interesting grows , fertilizers and techniques.
Stuff you would find interesting.
He is on a sabbatical now but his journals document everything.
Brilliant stuff, and an absolutely first rate Gentleman. :love:
Geoflora works so well with my technique, layering and microbes & fungi.
Great nutrients but a little hard to get in Canada now.
So I have 2 cases of Remo nutrients aswell, they are fantastic.
I'm glad your enjoying it so far.
Talk soon.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Howdy Bill, great start my friend

Q: I already use Myco and I have found mealworm frass on Zon - is that the stuff?
Bokashi looks like a composting agent - is that so?
Might try it on my Chunky Skunk photo/clone SOG project if I can be sure I've understood it right

Howdy Bill, great start my friend

Q: I already use Myco and I have found mealworm frass on Zon - is that the stuff?
Bokashi looks like a composting agent - is that so?
Might try it on my Chunky Skunk photo/clone SOG project if I can be sure I've understood it right
Hey @Growings :ciao: How is everything going my friend?
Meal worm frass will be perfect.
Bokashi is is a composting agent.
Actually pickles compost.
But it produces a fungi that helps maintain and feed your roots.
Combining all three provides incredible root zone life for your girls.
Roots explode and get fed a constant nutrients.
Works great in soil or coco.
A molasses tea every week or so keeps them multiplying.
It's in my Gorilla Glue clone thread. :thumb:

Bill

Good Morning again R.D.
Have you heard of the @NuttyProfessor ?
He did Jadam, had some very interesting grows , fertilizers and techniques.
Stuff you would find interesting.
He is on a sabbatical now but his journals document everything.
Brilliant stuff, and an absolutely first rate Gentleman. :love:

@Azimuth is a keen Jadam pupil if you have questions.

Morning T.C. lots of sprouts yes I just have to keep these ones alive. :rofl:
I'm not so gentle and they don't like being roughed up.
That's what I liked about clones, more durable.
Lots of variety though.
Should be interesting trying to feed different strains all at once.:morenutes:
Hopefully the soil I mixed will be ok.
Soil isn't my Forte, to say the least.
Enjoy your Victoria Day my friend. :love:

Bill
Thanks bill and you got this just remember not to drown them in the river and your good lol I’m sure it’ll be ok if not everyone here is willing to help in anyway we can cause your always helping us!

Hey @Growings :ciao: How is everything going my friend?
Meal worm frass will be perfect.
Bokashi is is a composting agent.
Actually pickles compost.
But it produces a fungi that helps maintain and feed your roots.
Combining all three provides incredible root zone life for your girls.
Roots explode and get fed a constant nutrients.
Works great in soil or coco.
A molasses tea every week or so keeps them multiplying.
It's in my Gorilla Glue clone thread. :thumb:

Bill
OK, I got Bokashi, frass and myco - gonna give your method a try
So presumably no H2O2 using this stuff, right?
Are enzymes beneficial; I would have thought so but don't recall you mentioning their use?
Do I continue to feed normally (Canna Coco) or adjust it?
I'm sure the plants will tell me, but better to ask someone with experience of this ^method^ first
:Namaste:

Are enzymes beneficial; I would have thought so but don't recall you mentioning their use?
I'm sure the plants will tell me, but better to ask someone with experience of this ^method^ first
Calmag , Full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph every day in coco.
Just a molasses tea every week or so.

Bill

Caveat: I don't have a microbiology degree or professional experience. Nonetheless, this is my understanding: Enzymes are in fact the product of bacteria. Bacteria excrete enzymes in order to break down target materials, change their phase state, then consume as food energy. Just like they do in our stomachs and intestines. Helpfully, most species and strains are grouped by their food source.

Enzymes are a popular biotech product for manufacturers because the enzymes can be collected sans bacteria by removing food source and allowing them to die out, resulting in an enzyme-only product that is stable with long shelf life.

Many helpful, live, enzymatically productive bacteria populations are notoriously difficult to maintain in solution over time. Doing so introduces new costs that customers today find difficult to justify, thus the enzyme products.

However, great strides have been made in solving these issues and customers are becoming more savvy about microbials every day.

The primary (but by no means only) purpose of packaged microbes and enzymes for horticulture is to digest the dead organic matter that comes from, and collects on, plant roots. Like our normal growth-induced shedding of dead skin every day that is consumed by microbes living on us, healthy root growth creates dead root cells that can become a food source for damaging bacteria/fungus and instantly boost their numbers thousandfold. This dead matter can also physically block nutrient uptake sites on healthy root.

Live bacterial inoculations and/or enzymes are useful in clearing and dissolving this matter (mostly cellulose) and taking you closer to achieving the plant's full potential. I hope that wasn't patronizing. Another reminder, I have zero applicable educational or professional qualifications. Please correct any misapprehension above if you know better. I thank you!

Caveat: I don't have a microbiology degree or professional experience. Nonetheless, this is my understanding: Enzymes are in fact the product of bacteria. Bacteria excrete enzymes in order to break down target materials, change their phase state, then consume as food energy. Just like they do in our stomachs and intestines. Helpfully, most species and strains are grouped by their food source.

Enzymes are a popular biotech product for manufacturers because the enzymes can be collected sans bacteria by removing food source and allowing them to die out, resulting in an enzyme-only product that is stable with long shelf life.

Many helpful, live, enzymatically productive bacteria populations are notoriously difficult to maintain in solution over time. Doing so introduces new costs that customers today find difficult to justify, thus the enzyme products.

However, great strides have been made in solving these issues and customers are becoming more savvy about microbials every day.

The primary (but by no means only) purpose of packaged microbes and enzymes for horticulture is to digest the dead organic matter that comes from, and collects on, plant roots. Like our normal growth-induced shedding of dead skin every day that is consumed by microbes living on us, healthy root growth creates dead root cells that can become a food source for damaging bacteria/fungus and instantly boost their numbers thousandfold. This dead matter can also physically block nutrient uptake sites on healthy root.

Live bacterial inoculations and/or enzymes are useful in clearing and dissolving this matter (mostly cellulose) and taking you closer to achieving the plant's full potential. I hope that wasn't patronizing. Another reminder, I have zero applicable educational or professional qualifications. Please correct any misapprehension above if you know better. I thank you!
Thank you for a very good answer
So... are enzymes of any benefit when using myco/frass/bokashi or not in your opinion?
At the moment, I intend to unless Bill tells me otherwise

So... are enzymes of any benefit when using myco/frass/bokashi or not in your opinion?
My opinion would really just be a mix of things I've read, not iteratively, properly, observed/recorded.

Bill's method is exemplary, rip it off so fast he feels like he just got a Brazilian.

Good morning @Growings as R.D :ciao: said they can be hard to maintain and be pricey.
See his explanation, it would take me a day to type that with my thumb, I'm a little slower these days.
Concussions are catching up to me.:oops:
The fungi and microbes in the bokashi and frass feed your roots.
Throw in MYCORRHIZAE and you have a brilliant trio there, all you need.
Your roots will be fed everything they need to keep your ladies healthy.

Bill

Still don't need watered.
Girls out in the Sun.

20220525_110720.jpg

20220525_110709.jpg

20220525_110758.jpg

 Bill

Looks like you're going to have a full house there, Bill! :thumb:
I'm working on a shopping list of todoo's before it's uppot time and I get busy.
I will be pretty busy soon for sure.
Hopefully I get caught up and can finish the greenhouse soon. :thumb:
Hope everything is going good my friend. :ciao:

Bill

I'm working on a shopping list of todoo's before it's uppot time and I get busy.
I will be pretty busy soon for sure.
Hopefully I get caught up and can finish the greenhouse soon. :thumb:
Hope everything is going good my friend. :ciao:

Bill
They are getting so big what are you putting them in 3 gals after?

They are getting so big what are you putting them in 3 gals after?
I've got a few one gal airports and some 1 gal plastic ones.
I want to bind the roots then uppot again into 5's and 7's.
Bags and again a few air pots.
My buddy took 2 pickup truck loads last spring when I decided to sell and move.
He managed to get a good portion of the pots back to me.
So I have a good amount.
The big bags 45 gallon I think will be the 3rd uppot.
I'll be using the biggest 2 at that point.
Since I managed to fry my 2 Chronic Thunder :oops:

Bill

I've got a few one gal airports and some 1 gal plastic ones.
I want to bind the roots then uppot again into 5's and 7's.
Bags and again a few air pots.
My buddy took 2 pickup truck loads last spring when I decided to sell and move.
He managed to get a good portion of the pots back to me.
So I have a good amount.
The big bags 45 gallon I think will be the 3rd uppot.
I'll be using the biggest 2 at that point.
Since I managed to fry my 2 Chronic Thunder :oops:

Bill
So you are planning to up pot from one gallon to five gallon to 45 gallon?
Hope all is well in your world.

I just did my second full watering with low nutes and about 40% runoff. Plants looking good. Your ladies are looking grand.

Off to a good start, Bill. Will they all be outdoors? Also, I thought you only did coco, that looks like soil.:nerd-with-glasses:
Hey Scott :ciao: hope your having a great day.
The Girls will all go in the greenhouse, till they won't. :ciao:
Coco is my Jam :surf: but too much work outside.
Daily feeding at 5.8 is ok if I was rigged inside, but out in the sun.:oops:
Soil unfortunately yes your correct.
Not my Forte but I have done the odd girl in soil.;)
Until I get a fireproof grow room build its outside for now.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom