Help with dispensary sales

Good day everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this and give your opinion.

This is the situation.
My better half, some of you might know Stacey is GM for a local dispensary chain.
Part of her job is to generate new customers for the stores.
One store has two competitors next door and isn't doing well.
So any help would be appreciated.

My questions are as follows.
Regarding dispensary usage.

What brought you to the dispensary you currently use?

Why do you keep going back to that particular dispensary?

What changes would you recommend at dispensaries you frequent?

Do you have any recommendations at all you would like to see?

What do you dislike about the dispensary you use?

Is there any reason you did not go back to a particular dispensary?

If you would use delivery , what would you be willing to pay to have your purchase delivered?
$5-$10-$15-$20?

Basically is there anything that would make you change your usual dispensary to a new one?

Also what are you paying for what product?

And how is the quality?

How important is customer service? Bud tender knowledge?

We are in Ontario but answers from everywhere would be appreciated.

Thank you all for helping out.
Stay safe
Bill & Stacey

So as you know I am in new York and we just legalized so we don't have "dispensaries" here just yet but we have a few places that are using the text in the law to skate the legalities. But while I lived in Colorado for 3 years I got familiar with quite a few dispensaries.

But to answer a few questions.

I used to go to one specific place all the time as that particular dispensary had a strain no one else had and it sold out within a week of restock. So a special strain that no one else has its a huge marketing strategy, as if the others cannot get it then you stay on top with the special strain. THE STRAIN WAS CALLED ECTOCOOLER.o_O

The main draw back to dispensaries for me is the greenery looks fantastic and smells great...but does not pack a punch. Again as stated above the special strain they had was one of the strongest cerebral highs I've ever had. And most other strains couldn't match it.

And to summarize some of the other questions.

Was paying $10-15 a gram...$45-50 an eighth.

Stopped using main dispensary after my roommates let me purchase some of they're Durban poison and other home made strains. In my opinion it was better and cheaper. Even tho the dispensaries did run specials like free pre-roll on your bday or buy an 1/8th get one half off or select strain of the day at like a %10-15 discount or a member loyalty point system......sorry rambling lol

One thing I'm trying to get my boss on board with since it is legal now and we will have dispensaries popping up everywhere, is grow tours or dispensary tours. Basically offering a tour of the different stages of growth from grow-harvest(maybe work with a grow op for like a hands on trim display), sales, etc. Basically like a wine tour but for green enthusiast. People are fairly simple... Give them a slight gimmick and they will fawn over the idea.

Hope I was able to help slightly. There's more I could have wrote but I figured this was a good start. :)

This is my first grow and have only bought from 1 vendor so far so not sure how helpful I'll but I'll answer best I can

1. Dutch passion are a well established and pretty well trusted source for seeds and is a name I've been familiar with for a long time before I started growing.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. Not enough choice compared with many others I've looked at.

6. N/A

7. $5-$10

8. I'm planning to try others in the future anyway.

9. Around €30 for 3 seeds I think it was. Blueberry autos

10. No idea yet

11. Experience/how long a company has been going, isn't as important to me as you might think. If it did new breeders would never do well but they do if they are quality. News spreads fast on the Internet whether there any good or not as for customer service as long as they arnt dick when something goes wrong is all that matters.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good day everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this and give your opinion.

This is the situation.
My better half, some of you might know Stacey is GM for a local dispensary chain.

If you would use delivery , what would you be willing to pay to have your purchase delivered?
$5-$10-$15-$20?

Basically is there anything that would make you change your usual dispensary to a new one?

And how is the quality?

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey
I'm in Ontario as well!
So, before answering your questions, I have to say I don't really go to dispensaries much. My grows have been fairly good the last few years, and I only really go to them to check out strains that I might want to grow, or for a bit more variety. That being the case, here's what I've got for you.

I started going to the dispensary near me because of that. It's near me. I keep going back because of that, and the fact I can get my bud the same day, rather than waiting for delivery. I don't really have any suggestions as to what could be changed, since the only problems I've encountered have been due to government regulations. That also limits any recommendations I could make. They're limited to what the OCS stocks. There are strains I would like to see, but none of the LPs seem to want to grow them. Doesn't help, I know.

Delivery is a bit of a weird thing right now. The OCS is offering free delivery, as are the two dispensaries near me.
Would I change to a new one? Sure. Or at least I would also go to a new one as well as the ones I go to now.

The quality is pretty hit or miss depending on the LP. The most common complaint I've heard has been that the buds are overly dry due to sitting in storage too long. Not really something you can take care of as the warehousing is handled by the OCS as well, IIRC.

Customer service is always important, and if I got rude or apathetic service I probably wouldn't go back, but same for pushy or overenthusiastic staff. The budtender's knowledge would be important for new consumers, but I usually already know what I want before I go in.

I only buy flower, not pre-rolls, but that's because I don't smoke. I also don't usually get anything that's over $10 a gram, as I've found the price and the quality of the product just don't match. Some of the best bud I bought at the dispensary near me came out to $5.85 a gram.

Sorry for the rather unhelpful novel there. I'm probably not the best example of a customer. Hope it helped though.

If you don't mind, could you dm me the dispensary chain? I'm always willing to check a new place out.

Convenience. I use a few, and depending on my travel direction that decides which one I'll stop at.
To support the owner, and access meds if I've run low and can't get any shipped by my LP. Or if I want some THC beverages.
better displays vs tv screens with strain names
more seeds sold at dispensary
prices and if your not paying attention can get a low thc strain by accident.
There's one I won't go back to. I asked about a bump box, got shuffled all around the store to listen to the owner talk about his glory days and point to his old bump box, that was not for sale. Huge waste of time and I was in pain.
$5-$10-$15-$20?
10 bucks and up to what my wallet affords
If there was one that delivered to me, they'd probably get my $$
Too much :rofl:
And how is the quality?
That depends on the producer, I've had everything from great to terrible.
Important. Cause last time I was in a dispensary, dude behind the counter wouldn't stop talking about "purps" and how potent they were :rolleyes:

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey
Wish you two the best!!!

First and foremost, these are medical dispensaries but I will add on what I thought of the dispensary I went to at a work convention in Colorado a few years ago, also...
Med card...closest to my house
Dispensary was across across Street from our hotel, literally

Proximity
Increase in varietals specific to different medical needs

posted customer reviews on each strain
Further details into the strains and the origins and notables

i don't use it anymore...I grow much better
I hated it was 45 min away and that the prices were astronomical for mid grade quality buds.. never had a good assortment
check above
$5-$10-$15-$20?

I think depending on distance anywhere from 10-20 would be acceptable but maybe a max of 15 cause they'll want to tip the delivery guy

something closer and with better products

60/Henry of bud
I'm prescribed 3 ounces a month that is: you heard it right folks- $480 an ounce x 3 ounces a month? $1440...
And how is the quality?
It is bud that you need to smoke more than a bowl of to feel any medicinal help....maybe after a bowl you feel a little head high that's giggly.. nothing ever a one or two toke wonder
absolutely 110% important. Same concept as frequent dining out... A restaurant where you like the staff and the food....you will go back to first over the place that has the best food just to get shitty customers service...you want that balance

Hope it helps at all Bill

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey

I think depending on distance anywhere from 10-20 would be acceptable but maybe a max of 15 cause they'll want to tip the delivery guy
Tipping isn't as common up here as it is in the US. You usually see it in bars and restaurants with servers, hair salons/barbershops, stuff like that. Most delivery drivers don't stick around long enough for you to tip them anyway. Recently tipping options have been appearing on delivery apps like skip the dishes, and we've always tipped the pizza delivery guy, but that's because he had to pay for his own gas. I don't know what it's like now, but delivery drivers used to be paid pretty well, far better than restaurant servers.

Tipping isn't as common up here as it is in the US. You usually see it in bars and restaurants with servers, hair salons/barbershops, stuff like that. Most delivery drivers don't stick around long enough for you to tip them anyway. Recently tipping options have been appearing on delivery apps like skip the dishes, and we've always tipped the pizza delivery guy, but that's because he had to pay for his own gas. I don't know what it's like now, but delivery drivers used to be paid pretty well, far better than restaurant servers.
Thank you, I'm unfamiliar with the Northern Territories...here we have bud delivery services now with fronts of candy and snack deliveries. They are all over the place. Find them anywhere on line with complete menus of buds available pricing edibles if that person has them cartridges pre-rolled etc etc. Usually prices there are high also plus delivery fee and in NJ, especially, we tip...I have never and will never use it but know of people who have.

Thank you, I'm unfamiliar with the Northern Territories...here we have bud delivery services now with fronts of candy and snack deliveries. They are all over the place. Find them anywhere on line with complete menus of buds available pricing edibles if that person has them cartridges pre-rolled etc etc. Usually prices there are high also plus delivery fee and in NJ, especially, we tip...I have never and will never use it but know of people who have.
We've been getting cards stuck under windshield wipers and in doorjambs for things like "Dank Delivery" and stuff. Black market weed delivery services. They don't even bother pretending to be anything else. I haven't used them either.

We've been getting cards stuck under windshield wipers and in doorjambs for things like "Dank Delivery" and stuff. Black market weed delivery services. They don't even bother pretending to be anything else. I haven't used them either.
Wow dealers are freeken bold there.
But that's an idea, Flyers for delivery service. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

This is the situation.

Since I grow my own, I don't shop at a dispensary very often but like Melville, I usually only buy from them when I want to try a strain I haven't grown to see if it should be added. I also buy concentrates from dispensaries as I still haven't learned yet how to make my own.

The dispensary I use most often in located in BC and I'm in Ontario. I like them because I can order online and have it delivered.

The most important things I would like to see at dispensaries are to show the genetics and the terpenes. These are the two things I always check for when buying cannabis or seeds.

I really like the Ontario Cannabis Store because they list the terpenes.

See above.

Maybe the prices but other than that, I like them.

It was shut down.

$5-$10-$15-$20?

I think up to $10 is reasonable.

If they had better prices and more selection, I might change.

On average, I'm paying around $30 per item (oil, hash, moonrock, shatter), which is too much in my opinion.

And how is the quality?

Quality is good.

I believe that most bud tenders only know about recreational cannabis and not enough about medical cannabis. And, I know people are going there to find something that works for anxiety, depression, etc. and I wish the bud tenders were better informed so they can help those people. Getting a medical licence isn't easy so bud tenders might be the only font of cannabis knowledge those customers get.

I was talking to a young man last week when we were waiting for MRIs. He asked what I was having MRIed and I said my knee and asked him what he was having it done for and he said he has the worst kind of epilepsy (Grand Mal), which gave him migraines and they were trying to find out why.

I asked him if he had tried cannabis for his epilepsy and he said his doctor wanted to focus on traditional methods first, the exact same thing my doctor said when I asked for a prescription.

This boy has been trying to figure out which strains work best for him from the OCS. It would be nice if the OCS supplied information (pamphlets) on how to get a medical licence when your family doctor won't prescribe.

Neither he nor I had anything to write with or on or a phone as we were both in gowns. I wish I had told him to try CBD on its own but we were only together for a couple of minutes.

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey

I'm in Ontario, too. :battingeyelashes:

Crazy how things work. I was just over in the news section of the site and there was an article that should give you an idea how big the black market delivery services are.

Crazy how things work. I was just over in the news section of the site and there was an article that should give you an idea how big the black market delivery services are.
Holy shit

Here in my neighborhood all the dispensaries but one only sell pre-packaged weed.... ((Sucks)). But the one dispensary doesn't sell any pre-pack crap. It's all in those tall glass barber jars they use for their combs. You can look at the weed & smell it up close & get a good idea of what you are buying. Most pre-pack weed is dried out & it's a gamble if it will even be any good. I'd say 60 - 65% of the time I'm disappointed that I paid $40 - $55 for an 1/8th of crap weed when I buy pre-pack. If you buy bottom tier.... well, don't expect to get high on it. You rarely find anything worth buying for under $40 an 1/8th.
The prices are of course insane ! $40 for an 1/8th ? No 1/8th should ever cost over $25. Charging those kinds of prices keeps the Black Market alive & well & made dispensaries a last resort for me. Why pay those prices when I can buy an OZ. of kick ass weed for $100 - $120 on the street? Dispensaries have to be competitive with the Black Market prices to be a real winning dispensary. Once the new wears off of going to a dispensary you realize this & go back to the black market. Pricing & the weed quality is the biggest factor of how well a dispensary will do.
I haven't found a dispensary in AZ. that sells clones at all. Sure would be nice to see that come to AZ.
I don't use delivery because I want to see what I'm buying before I spend any money.
I haven't found any dispensary with a knowledgeable Bud Tender. Usually, just young kids who think they know it all because they work there.... lol. Just ask one which Terpene Profiles that strain has & they'll look at you all puzzled & not have a clue. Bud Tenders should have to pass a weed knowledge test to get the job. But it's more like McDonalds employees serving weed. Would you like some fries or a drink with your order ?
My opinion of most dispensaries is... They Suck ! Way overpriced for low quality weed.
The one dispensary that does not sell pre-pack weed is very successful. They do sell some lower quality weed too; but they tell you you are better off making edibles with it than smoking it... because it's not all that. The prices are still the same as the other dispensaries near by, but at least you can see & smell it up close before you buy. You stand a 90% chance of getting something decent when you can do this. With pre-pack it's more like a 25% chance.
So lower prices, No Pre-Pack (which means the dispensary has to sell good weed to get business) & good customer service is the key to doing better than the rest.

This is the situation.

$5-$10-$15-$20?

And how is the quality?

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey
Hi Bill and Stacy, I had my very first dispensary experience a couple of weeks ago shopping for some shatter.

I went there because I didn't have the resource to make my own.

I hope not to go back since I got a press for rosin.

Changes to the dispensary? I'd warm the place up if possible. No product was in sight, just computer stations per state law I presume. Covid related? I don't know. No smells, sights just pics on a screen. Thumbs down for me.

I may not go back as you know I grow.

Recommendations would be more warmth if possible. Glass jars with product and smells would be nice but in this day I don't think so. Not helpful honestly but that's what I think I wanted to see there.

I got a gram of shatter for 65.00, same for a gram of bubble hash.

Not impressed with the bubble hash. The shatter was good but my wife was allergic to something in it and had to take a benadryl.

Folks I share my weed with share their store bought with me. I find it soulless and hollow compared no matter what the type. Dandy enough I guess but there's a depth of flavor and high that store bought has never been able to accomplish.

The bud tenders seemed to be cashiers. I didn't have much interaction. It was a Mission company. You may know it. Or not on Canada I see.

:green_heart:

Here in my neighborhood all the dispensaries but one only sell pre-packaged weed.... ((Sucks)). But the one dispensary doesn't sell any pre-pack crap. It's all in those tall glass barber jars they use for their combs. You can look at the weed & smell it up close & get a good idea of what you are buying. Most pre-pack weed is dried out & it's a gamble if it will even be any good. I'd say 60 - 65% of the time I'm disappointed that I paid $40 - $55 for an 1/8th of crap weed when I buy pre-pack. If you buy bottom tier.... well, don't expect to get high on it. You rarely find anything worth buying for under $40 an 1/8th.
The prices are of course insane ! $40 for an 1/8th ? No 1/8th should ever cost over $25. Charging those kinds of prices keeps the Black Market alive & well & made dispensaries a last resort for me. Why pay those prices when I can buy an OZ. of kick ass weed for $100 - $120 on the street? Dispensaries have to be competitive with the Black Market prices to be a real winning dispensary. Once the new wears off of going to a dispensary you realize this & go back to the black market. Pricing & the weed quality is the biggest factor of how well a dispensary will do.
I haven't found a dispensary in AZ. that sells clones at all. Sure would be nice to see that come to AZ.
I don't use delivery because I want to see what I'm buying before I spend any money.
I haven't found any dispensary with a knowledgeable Bud Tender. Usually, just young kids who think they know it all because they work there.... lol. Just ask one which Terpene Profiles that strain has & they'll look at you all puzzled & not have a clue. Bud Tenders should have to pass a weed knowledge test to get the job. But it's more like McDonalds employees serving weed. Would you like some fries or a drink with your order ?
My opinion of most dispensaries is... They Suck ! Way overpriced for low quality weed.
The one dispensary that does not sell pre-pack weed is very successful. They do sell some lower quality weed too; but they tell you you are better off making edibles with it than smoking it... because it's not all that. The prices are still the same as the other dispensaries near by, but at least you can see & smell it up close before you buy. You stand a 90% chance of getting something decent when you can do this. With pre-pack it's more like a 25% chance.
So lower prices, No Pre-Pack (which means the dispensary has to sell good weed to get business) & good customer service is the key to doing better than the rest.
They have to sell pre-packaged. It's a legal requirement in Ontario. Keep in mind that the prices they can offer are also both in Canadian $, and are pretty much set by the OCS.

They have to sell pre-packaged. It's a legal requirement in Ontario. Keep in mind that the prices they can offer are also both in Canadian $, and are pretty much set by the OCS.
Must be different laws in the U.S. because the one dispensary I go to does not sell any pre-pack. Or - they are selling it illegally.... but I doubt that as I think they'd of gotten popped by now.

Back
Top Bottom