Help with my first aeroponics setup

HigherTheHigh

Hello all .

So I have a 12 site aero cloner I'm going to take a clone in first then convert it into a small aeroponics grow setup, I don't know the correct term for my growing I want to do but I'm sure someone will know :).

So I have a top I can convert and put a net pot in but the problem is I don't have no rockwool or clay pebbles so is there a substitution to use instead?

With this being my first time trying hydro only in going to use only a base nutrient, calmag and boost along with a pk or my Plagron Green Sensation which is a 4 in 1, does anyone know what ppm I should be running at from clone to flower?

The depth of the tank is around 25cm so, I will then add the lid which brings the top of the pot to around 35-40cm this will be big enough won't it?I

What is the water temp I need to be at and should I cover it in reflective material?

I will be using 2 air stones and a mister in the centre, with the tank being so small I can basically renew the red every few days of I wanted which is a great idea in thinking.

I will be using Canna Aqua Flores, Plant Magic Magne Cal, Plagron Green Sensation and one more bottle of nutrients people can suggest for me that will benefit me greatly.

That's basically all my questions I need answered for now and I thank each and everyone with any help :).

Hello all .

So I have a 12 site aero cloner I'm going to take a clone in first then convert it into a small aeroponics grow setup, I don't know the correct term for my growing I want to do but I'm sure someone will know :).

So I have a top I can convert and put a net pot in but the problem is I don't have no rockwool or clay pebbles so is there a substitution to use instead?

With this being my first time trying hydro only in going to use only a base nutrient, calmag and boost along with a pk or my Plagron Green Sensation which is a 4 in 1, does anyone know what ppm I should be running at from clone to flower?

The depth of the tank is around 25cm so, I will then add the lid which brings the top of the pot to around 35-40cm this will be big enough won't it?I

What is the water temp I need to be at and should I cover it in reflective material?

I will be using 2 air stones and a mister in the centre, with the tank being so small I can basically renew the red every few days of I wanted which is a great idea in thinking.

I will be using Canna Aqua Flores, Plant Magic Magne Cal, Plagron Green Sensation and one more bottle of nutrients people can suggest for me that will benefit me greatly.

That's basically all my questions I need answered for now and I thank each and everyone with any help :).
I believe the term would be aeroponically :).. is there any way you can post a picture of your cloner ? what kinds of hydroponic media do you have access to . You could use perlite like the individual that has post about his leafs pointing straight up in this section , I would just watch the water level .

if you have a 12 site cloner you could run 12 clones sea of green style ...switch the lights to 12/12 once the roots are established and have 12-18 inch tall plants that are all flower without really having to do a whole lot of work . as far as the feed in the cloner I would run a bare minimum as the plant will have a difficult time taking up food until roots start to grow so maybe 100 ppm until you have good roots . I will say that I have never run a cloner but I have run an aeroflow 20 by general hydroponics .

Yeah mate go with no pain there. 100ppm to start em. Be lucky if you ever need to go over 500. Really don't need much nutes in hydro. Especially seeing as they'll all be fairly small.
Hydros easy though, you just follow the ppm. If it's going up add more water. If it's going down more than a little bit add more nutes.
The rest of it you'll know anyway.
Change the res once a week and only adjust the pH if it goes out of range. 5.5-6.5 is the sweet spot.
If the feeds the right strength you won't really have to worry about the pH cos it'll behave itself untill top up/change day . :)

The cloner is the same as the X-Stream 12 site cloner, I can only do 1 due to the amount I already have in veg and flower, anymore i will have to much work, plus this gives me a good chance to have a go :).

I have the thought about the water level and plan to put a type of float in, I could always put a pipe either side of the cloner to another res so I could just check that ppm and ph?

I don't have any perlite or clay pebbles due to insufficient funds so would down work, chopped up sponges?

So my water is 80-100ppm from the tap, I will add 0.5 Plant Magic Magne Cal to bring it up to around 200ppm then add my base nutrients, will adding any boosts be necessary as if got Plagron Green Sensation which is a 4 in 1.

The cloner is the same as the X-Stream 12 site cloner, I can only do 1 due to the amount I already have in veg and flower, anymore i will have to much work, plus this gives me a good chance to have a go :).

I have the thought about the water level and plan to put a type of float in, I could always put a pipe either side of the cloner to another res so I could just check that ppm and ph?

I don't have any perlite or clay pebbles due to insufficient funds so would down work, chopped up sponges?

So my water is 80-100ppm from the tap, I will add 0.5 Plant Magic Magne Cal to bring it up to around 200ppm then add my base nutrients, will adding any boosts be necessary as if got Plagron Green Sensation which is a 4 in 1.
Top tip for all things hydro has got to be liquid scillica!
Too many benefits to mention.
Most important additive in a hydro grow imo. I use the growth tech version. It's £10 on Amazon and makes 3,300 litres of bonza boost in every way shape and form.
Makes then grow harder, makes em almost limitlessly flexible in veg. Can literally just grab a stem and bend it right back on itself. Pics of that in my hydro journal.
Makes the skin grow thicker so certain pests have a harder time settling in.
Makes the roots grow thicker and healthier.
It's a pain in the ass cos it jumps you upto ph8 and you need to fix it before use but honestly it's amazing stuff.
It's scillicone type stuff at the end of the day and when you use it, it reinforces pretty much every part of the plants structure.
It's a bit like getting a tub of marbles and filling it with water. The marbles are the weed cells and the water is the newly absorbed scillica. Fills in all the gaps with lovely, strong, flexibleness :)

Could you send me a link please to my inbox :).

I plan on taking a clone tomorrow then I will update with pictures, I've just though, what if I try and take 3 cuttings and out them in the same clone spot to try and create a plant out of 3?

if this was possible that would be great as I could veg them until the root mass is quite the size then flip them :).

Could you send me a link please to my inbox :).

I plan on taking a clone tomorrow then I will update with pictures, I've just though, what if I try and take 3 cuttings and out them in the same clone spot to try and create a plant out of 3?

if this was possible that would be great as I could veg them until the root mass is quite the size then flip them :).
Will do mate and yes, you can make a plant into 3. You could also leave it alone for a week, then tie top down horizontal and then after another week or so be able to turn it into 12. :)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, a good 2 weeks to take roots then a week or two veg then flip them along with the Barneys Farm & RQS strains.

Once I get used to this way of growing I will be growing like this from now on so it's a lot cleaner and cheaper.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, a good 2 weeks to take roots then a week or two veg then flip them along with the Barneys Farm & RQS strains.

Once I get used to this way of growing I will be growing like this from now on so it's a lot cleaner and cheaper.
Hydros a doddle mate. Just set the Res right and you can forget about it for a week at a time or untill it runs too low.
Very little waste, very little time, very little anything really. Just fill a bucket and done lol.

Don't be tempted into your pots growing habits though. I noticed you know a lot about organic n soil but this is completely different.
Just go as light as you can with the nutes mate honestly.

If you've built that thing right there's pretty much an unlimited oxygen supply to the roots.
Means that like myself your roots will be able to absorb things at pretty much optimal rates all day long.
I've got the frame work for an easy pounder there in a 20L Res that's nearly 2 weeks into bloom and that's only just on 500ppm. Strongly doubt I'll need to go higher than 700ppm cos there's 4 plants in the Res.
1 plant of the same size as the 4 would need like 1400-1800 but because it's multiple smaller plants you need massively less even though the total mass might be much higher.
Might be 12 plants taking 300ppm each but it's still just a 300ppm feed that's needed to keep it running smoothly.
That all make sense mate? I confuse myself quite a lot lol

I have always been a coco grower it's only this year I have switched to soil due to people saying it gave a better taste but if I'm honest I never found a difference so I will go back to coco again one day :).

yeah I can understand it, you must be the only Scott I can understand haha if got loads of friends in Scotland and still to this day a can't make our what there saying lol yeah I will get this all sorted out tomorrow and I will show you what I have to play with and see if you can find a good system setup :).

I have always been a coco grower it's only this year I have switched to soil due to people saying it gave a better taste but if I'm honest I never found a difference so I will go back to coco again one day :).

yeah I can understand it, you must be the only Scott I can understand haha if got loads of friends in Scotland and still to this day a can't make our what there saying lol yeah I will get this all sorted out tomorrow and I will show you what I have to play with and see if you can find a good system setup :).
Ah sorry mate, thought it was just soil you'd done. I'm up early so off for now but be back on tomorrow night. :)

Back
Top Bottom