Hempy Headquarters

Unless you are fertigating daily (or more) - then I just give them what the reservoir holds, because it’s usually dry - no need to go for runoff to mix/flush - with nothing in there.

So, should I just pour the nuted water into the pot until there's approximately 20-30% run-off with no need to plug up the hole at all?

Great! Thanks, Felipe! :hug:

Is it possible that me doing it this way is why they appear to be suffering from a nitrogen toxicity?

While not a difficult strain to grow, that appears to be a common issue for a lot of people (as per the thread on it). It might have been easier on you, had you chosen a different strain for your first hempy garden. Perhaps (assuming a decent amount of light-energy) even a photoperiodic one, so you could have had a lengthier vegetative/growth phase.

So, should I just pour the nuted water into the pot until there's approximately 20-30% run-off with no need to plug up the hole at all?

You’ve got it! Do this if you’re only fertigating every 2+ days. When you find that the plant is drinking the reservoir dry every day, you don’t need to worry about runoff - just give them 800 ml once a day, or as needed when the reservoir is dry. Or up-pot, if it’s a photo plant.

If you ever add solution to some remnant solution in the reservoir, you should add enough to get at least a 10-20% runoff.

The hempy system is easy and flexible - if you want more reservoir at the expense of growing room for roots, raise the hole. If the pot is big enough, you might even get away without having to fertigate every day - like if you’re growing a fast Auto with a short veg.

But eventually, most plants will need to be up-potted. Even so, in my case, I went with more space for roots with this year’s BeBo1 - the reservoir is only 15% of the perlite volume instead of 20% - and I am watering daily sooner - but daily watering was inevitable.

pour the water in and plug the hole

pour until approximately 10-20% runoff

how i do it. i have plugs i use though - this one has the plug in

it's just a syringe cap. 1/4 inch hole. i let them sit a few minutes before pulling the plug.

easy way to figure out how much to water is take an empty hempy bucket and pour water in until it pours out of the drain hole. measure the remaining water in the bottom of the bucket. that will be the amount to water in veg. add about 50%. that will be the amount to water in flower. use an empty bucket with no perlite added.

example : if there is a litre of water left in the bottom of the bucket - veg 1L / flower 1.5L
it's a bit more than the 10%, but they use more and more toward flower. fed every second day in veg and daily in flower.

there are no strict requirements on how to water a hempy hg.
you'll find a method and rhythm they like and they'll be just fine. so long as the res gets refreshed it's all ok. :)

What was your pH going in? That's what is important.

:welcome:

:passitleft:
pH going in is 5.0 so that it mixes with the current solution it comes out about 5.8. the question was after a few days if it is above 6.5 that's when I need to feed again to get that pH down to acceptable levels.

I feel like I waste a lot of nutrients watering everyday so I was trying to determine how often I really needed to water

I feel like I waste a lot of nutrients watering everyday so I was trying to determine how often I really needed to water
You without a doubt don't have to water every day. The mini reservoir (between the drain hole and bottom) in the container allows the plant to feed. Keep in mind that Hempy is a DTW (Drain to Waste) type of hydroponics and you will have to waste some nutrients in this type of set-up. If you collect the runoff you can use it elsewhere.

You without a doubt don't have to water every day. The mini reservoir (between the drain hole and bottom) in the container allows the plant to feed. Keep in mind that Hempy is a DTW (Drain to Waste) type of hydroponics and you will have to waste some nutrients in this type of set-up. If you collect the runoff you can use it elsewhere.

I put my runoff on my tomato plants under advice from Felipe. :battingeyelashes:

Hiya ladies and gents. i just wanted to stop by and share a few pics of my garden.
these are some seeds i won from a competition by the vault on the site... Blueberry Domina Autos by Ministry of Cannabis 2 very different expressions. both the same age but one is almost done and the other is going to go a good bit longer.
20200728_012101.jpg
20200728_012055.jpg

here's a tester i took off. its all cloudy with just a bit of amber coming on.
20200728_012013.jpg

and one last pic of the closet. it just got the net put on and i cranked up the qbs and cleaned up their skirts a bit. 2 chemdog millionaire are the closest and the furthest plant is my first attempt with pineapple chunk. I've seen mixed results growing this plant. it's a champ so far.
20200728_000018_HDR.jpg

thanks for letting me share. blessings on everyone's gardens.

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on my hempy autoflower run! Week 3 today and the girls are starting to really enjoy their space! 4 in the 4L I plan to reverse for seeds, 1 of each strain.
0BDE23F6-B2A9-4A59-A30A-7680DD8ADCDA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom