Hi! New grower here

Navigate to journals in progress and start by naming your new journal. Include info in your title that lets people know what you’re doing. In your first post include all the tech info concerning your grow. Strains, lights, soil or hydro, fans and anything you think of that gives others a good mental picture of your set up. Include photos of your setup and your plants. When done simply tap “Post Thread”

Welcome DragonFire,

You may be able to follow something close. I have a virtual picture book of a grow in my signature. I detail many things and many step by step things. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I'm growing in coco if you decide to go that route.

Any way you want to go there are answers and a lot of research to delve into. Have a good time. Very laid back folks here. Enjoy.

ES

Been on a Medical prescription for a year now and decided to try a grow. Bought seeds from CropKing and right now 4/5 are sprouting in the towel (Black Indica).
I do gardening so soil is not new to me, just from reading it sounds like it requires far more maintenance to these plants then normal. Doing indoor grow.
:)
You can take a very laid back approach if you wish.. your product at the end will likely suffer for it though, unless you take one of the organic routes which requires a lot less feeding and tinkering. Theres recipes around here for living soils that require very little soil maintenance just basic checking on it and watering. Once thats outta the way you can free up a lot of time to tinker with the rest of the stuff! Oh and welcome :D

Thank you!
What do you recommend in the organic routs? I don't do chemical stuff and grow allot of veg.
Ill be perfectly honest I dont have a clue about organics but trust me you WILL be able to find answers fast. Just ask the question in a new thread or use the search button. Just type in living soil or something along those lines and youll find plenty of related threads. Hell now that its been mentioned someone will probably pop up here soon lol

What do you recommend in the organic routes? I don't do chemical stuff and grow allot of veg.
If you start with good soil in a decent size pot (5-gallon or larger) then you could supplement with organic nutrients from Fox Farm (Grow Big and/or Big Bloom)..

I have Alaska Fish Fert, use 1/3 coco, 1/3 perlite or vermiculite 1/3 soil.
You won't need the fert for at least 3-4 weeks, and then every other waterings (or whatever they recommend). Unless you have very nutrient rich soil, I would make it 50% soil and 50% perlite/vermiculite/coir/etc.

Ive read that itr does not need anything for a while. I have a new bag of pro potting soil I have not opened so will add a 50/50. I added some pics to my grow thread if you want to see, one seed has done 1.5" in 20 hours.

Correct, my point was not to apply fert too early...classic mistake because some growers want MORE, BIGGER, NOW!!

You should add a link to your grow journal in your signature...

By the way, how does coffee grounds work in the mix? I roast my own coffee so I know how good the beens are and I put the grounds in my reg veg plants.
Coffee grounds applied directly to soil will alter your pH (acidic). But you can compost them and add to your future soils. I have an old yogurt container (with lid) by the sink and I save coffee grounds and egg shells and occasional carrot/celery/potatoes scraps...and these I feed to my worms who process it all and produce vermicompost.

Back
Top Bottom